RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Short Story Theme Challenge!

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us, my queen.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48908.0.html

I wrote this when the challenge was posted, and spent this whole time getting the guts to post it. Please be gentle, I am not at all confident with my writing.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
This idea was one of the best to hit the Librarium in... ever. Major props to yuyubabe for bringing this to us; I like this a ton.

I can't take credit for that, milord. ;) Jules made it, and I created a smiley from it!

I am not a very good writer, but I'll be taking part too.

You got this, gurl! B) I shall add you to the list and read it soon enough!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
This idea was one of the best to hit the Librarium in... ever. Major props to yuyubabe for bringing this to us; I like this a ton.

I can't take credit for that, milord. ;) Jules made it, and I created a smiley from it!

Oh, I meant the challenges! I havent had this much fun with RMRK since Gracie's radio show. But now that you mention it, thank you Julie, I love it! :* :* :*
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Ohhhhhhh! oh, right..
whoa i need sleep. goonight
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Sleep well, child. May Morpheus take you gently to fields of poppies and dragonflies.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was involved in it's creation too... ;___;

Spoiler for:
:sad:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Were you? Then I thank you as well!

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Well, Yuyu recruited me over here, and ever since I've had the blast of a lifetime over here! ^^
I mean, nice people, creative writers, artists, all the good shtuff! ;]

I have a recurring, terrible time with depression so this has been a nice sunny place for me to come hang and meet new peeps. The challenge is invigorating, all the stories are great!
Yum yum yum yum yum!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
But now that you mention it, thank you Julie, I love it! :* :* :*

You're welcome :drsword:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I promise I'll get to reading the new stuff soon. ;9 I've been a bit drained today, trying to write something I like. I think I'll just take it easy and wait until I feel comfortable with the next idea that falls in my lap.

I love writing, but I think I'm trying too hard lately (and running off of a couple hours of sleep last night. Yup, I'm insane).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Hmmm... Too bad...  ;9
I wanted to do a Pain theme and write about torture, but...  :drmc:

Spoiler for:
Hey, don't look at me like that! It's an important character development!
Every hero goes through torture, right?
.....Riiiiiiight??  :o

These people probably think I'm sketchy. XD

I'll continue thinking on my next theme.
More 2k-ish worthy and... A short story...
Why am I so terrible at SHORT?  :mad:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Takes practice! B) I'm a little *too* good at keeping things brief. Wait, is Pain already a theme? If not, we can make it one whenever we add more sometime in the future (I guess when we have more stuff lol).

I actually just wrote something with 1,600 words. Woah. That's a lot for me.

As it turns out, shifting my anger and disappointment towards myself into a gritty, detective, murder-case, mafia-related story was shockingly a good outlet. o.o

I'll have to look over this one some more, though. It's way different than what I'm used to.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I just can't get enough of this... :moar: from everyone or there will be weeping, wailing and a gnashing- A GNASHING- of teeth!

Rep:
Level 41
Alright, since my saga's coming to a close (one more story after this), I thought I'd work on some shorter, less complex and more optimistic. I just need some levity from all the dark stuff I'd been writing.

I'll have something up by tonight, I think.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I had a ton of fun in writing something completely opposite to what I'm used to. Would recommend a flip-flop to anyone stuck in a writer's rut! :)

I still have a bit of stories to catch up on - I think one by M00s, and one by Bree. I haven't forgotten about you guys!

And, I'm with m00s. :moar: schtories!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I started writing and now its 3000 words long and I haven't stopped whoops looks like I might not be submitting something for a while

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aye, we've had too many 3,000+ stories lately. o.o

Gracie: a neat trick might be to have someone proofread your story and help you determine what to cut out. ;) Or, you could always make a two-parter, or post it as something not as a part of this challenge. :]

But if it ends up not being too much over 3k, we could probably just accept it and then draw the line after that. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm almost caught up on reading all of you guy's stuff! I just need to read zach's newer one.

Now go and write more stuff so I can be not-caught-up again, okay??

Need :moar: stuff!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I thank ye, sir! B) I shall read that once I get the chance!

I believe sir Sophist hath created one as well. I pray that everyone shall see to reading thine literature.

(I think I totally butchered that but ok)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
lol nah n i g ga you goo  :zwink:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay, here's links to Sophist's The Dark East, Lord Stark's A Man of His Word (Part 2/3), and (once again) Zach's From Worry To Love!

Also, I included within each short story title (on the op) if it was a part of a story, as Stark did in his latest addition! The only thing I was confused on was how to list Flamemaster's stuff. Right now, I have them in order of occurrence, but if she would like, I can list them in order of how she posted them. B) Also, we haven't seen her around in a couple days, so...cooooooooooome baaaaaaaack (please)! ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
Yeah, I need people to fan my flames, too.

HAHAHAHA naaaaw I miss her too; probably just my short-term memory messing with me, but I think she came by briefly yesterday, iuno.

Also, yuu, there's technically one more part of D&R I'm planning on doing, so change the list order from (1/3) to (1/4) and whatnot when you're able to. THXXXXxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:29:23 PM by zacheatscrackers »