RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Looking for help on Touhou Fantasy [2k3]

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Once again, I come to you, forumgoers, for help on finishing my game. Details are as follows:

Details for Touhou Fantasy:

Production: 5-6 years in the making
Completion: 50%
Rough Current Gameplay Estimate: 30-40 hours (aiming for roughly 50-60 game hours for main game)
Maker: RPG Maker 2k3

For those interested as to what's left to do, or what's in the game entirely, the following is the current To-Do list in order of events in the game. Where the * is in the Beta5 section is where I'm currently at:

Spoiler for:
Touhou Fantasy Order of Events:

BETA 1:

1) Introduction - Kourindou, Myouren Temple, Chireiden, Sunflower Fields, Hakurei Shrine
2) Hakurei Shrine (Start of Game)
3) Human Village (Supplies)
4) Misty Lake (Defeat Cirno and Daiyousei. Cirno joins the party.)
5) Scarlet Devil Mansion (Meeting with Remilia. Marisa leaves the party.)
6) Hakurei Shrine Ruins (Meeting with Hope)
7) Kourindou (Meeting with Rinnosuke and Yukari)
8) Forest of Magic (Defeat Rumia and Mystia, event with Reimu and Cirno)
9) Marisa's House (Lose vs. Marisa)
10) Scarlet Devil Mansion (Defeat brainwashed residents. Patchouli and Meiling join the party. Aya leaves the party.)
11) Bamboo Forest of the Lost (Defeat Wriggle, Reisen, and Tewi. Reisen joins the party)
12) Eientei (Defeat Tewi and Eirin. Lose vs. Kaguya).
13) Scarlet Devil Mansion (Defeat Remilia. Sakuya joins the party. Revelation about Hope. End of beta1).

BETA 2:

1) Human Village/Underschool (Defeat Keine and Tenshi)
2) Youkai Mountain (Switch to Momiji and Aya. Save Nitori from youkai. Defeat Suwako. Party split between two teams, one lead by Reimu and the other lead by Momiji. Defeat Hina, Sanae, and Parsee with Reimu's team, and defeat Tenshi with Momiji's team. Switch to 3rd team (Sanae) and defeat Rinnosuke, where Kanako and Suwako temporarily joins the party. Go to Giant Toad's Pond to defeat Rinnosuke/Yukari, and then Exodus. Storyline events unfold, and then Momiji and Nitori joins the party. Sanae and Suwako can then be bought from the shop. Lily White can also be fought here at any time after switching to Momiji's team.)
3) Scarlet Devil Mansion (Optional fight with Remilia. Can get Remilia as a party member if victorious).
4) Winter Forest (Defeat Ice Behemoth)
5) Hakugyokurou (Defeat Youmu, then storyline events. Defeat Yuyuko, then later Saigyou Yuyuko. Lose vs. Rinnosuke. Introduction to Fate. Youmu joins the party.)
6) Bamboo Forest of the Lost (Cutscene as forest is destroyed)
7) Eientei (Defeat Tiamat. Storyline events. Cirno and Komachi joins the party. End beta 2.)

BETA 3:

1) Road of Reconsideration (Defeat Lich and Kraken. Storyline events with Shikieiki. Can battle Advent Cirno for a brief time before is unavailable.)
2) Remains of Hell (Defeat Kisume, then later Marilith)
3) Sunflower Field Ruins (Defeat Yuuka. Yuuka joins the party.)
4) Road of Reconsideration (Cutscene with Shikieiki. Final chance to fight Advent Cirno)
5) Bamboo Forest of the Lost (Defeat Mokou. Mokou joins the party. Keine becomes available to buy at the Tengu Village shop)
6) Road of Reconsideration (Cutscene with Shikieiki.)
7) Remains of Hell (Defeat Yuugi. Yuugi temporarily joins the party. Defeat Kisume/Parsee, then later Kisume/Parsee/Tenshi. At Chireiden, defeat Satori. At Blazing Fires of Hell, defeat Utsuho. Storyline events unfold from here.)
8) Mayohiga (Defeat Chen and Ran. Storyline.)
9) Human Village Ruins (Cutscene)
10) Poltergeist Mansion (Defeat Lunasa, Lyrica, and Merlin, then defeat all three together. Lunasa temporarily joins the party. Defeat Alice and Chaos. Reimu is temporarily unusable from the party. Defeat Meimu with forced party of Momiji, Marisa, Yuuka, and Byakuren. Storyline. Byakuren and Remilia joins the party. End of beta3.)

BETA 4:

1) Kourindou (Defeat Adrammelech. Cutscene at Youkai Mountain).
2) Misty Lake (Defeat Kraken. Temporarily lose Cirno and Yuuka.)
3) Scarlet Devil Mansion (Defeat Culex, then later Flandre and Hades. Temporarily lose Remilia and Patchouli.)
4) Mayohiga (Cutscene with Ran)
5) Road of Reconsideration (Cutscene with Lich)
6) Remains of Hell (Defeat Marilith, Koishi temporarily joins the party. Defeat Omega Weapon, Yuugi leaves the party and Utsuho temporarily joins the party. Defeat Rin. Cutscene. Teleporter becomes active in Chireiden. Koishi and Utsuho are then buyable from the Tengu Village shop. Komachi temporarily becomes unavailable.)
7) Hakugyokurou (Lose vs. Mima)
8) Myouren Temple (Cutscene).
9) Hakurei Shrine Ruins (Enemy gauntlet. Defeat Iron Giant)
10) Youkai Mountain (Temporarily control Sanae. Hina, Minoriko, and Shizuha temporarily joins the party. Defeat Exodus at Giant Toad's Pond, then head to Kappa Caves. Defeat Chaos Spider and then Kanako. Defeat Tenshi with Momiji/Aya, then defeat Ozma with Momiji/Aya/Byakuren/Tenshi. Defeat EX Tenshi, then lose vs. Order. Temporarily lose Aya.)
11) Dream World (Defeat Kurumi, Meira, Elly, Kana, and PC-98 Yuuka)
12) Scarlet Devil Mansion (Koakuma temporarily joins the party. Head to Interdimensional Rift, then defeat Medicine and Yamame.)
13) Icicle Caverns (Tempoarily use Iku/Letty/Nazrin. Defeat Alice.)
14) Insect Forest (Tempoarily use Mystia/Wriggle. Defeat Tenshi, then Chen/Tewi tempoarily joins the party. Lose vs. Order, then in 2nd round with Iku/Letty, have Iku use 5 turns. Defeat Order with forced party of Iku/Letty/Yuuka/Cirno.)
15) Eastern Forest (Yuuka, Cirno, Remilia, Komachi, and Patchouli all rejoin the party. Koakuma leaves the party.)
16) Cave to Makai (Defeat Alice, Shingyoku, Meira, Sara, Elis, and Rikako. Mokou and Aya rejoins the party, then defeat Fate. Storyline. End beta4.)

BETA 5:

1) Cave to Pandaemonium (Defeat Iron Golem, Asura, Shadow Dancer, and Pandaemonium Warden.)
2) Pandaemonium (Storyline, then defeat Alice, Yamame/Medicine, and  then defeat Rikako with Yumemi.)
3) Hollowed Caverns (No Magic can be used in dungeon. Defeat Yuugenmagan. Yorihime temporarily joins the party. Defeat Louise).
4) Hollowed Caverns - Interdimensional Rift (Yorihime is no longer available as a party member. Avoid Omega with 3 separate parties (Marisa/Hope, Momiji who later finds Aya/Nitori, and Remilia who later finds Sakuya/Patchouli/Meiling. Defeat PC-98 Marisa with just Marisa, then defeat the Magic Stone).
*5) Makai Fields (Defeat Inferno with one of three separate parties, then defeat Yukari using Shinki/Mima/Youki).
6) Makai Caves (Tempoarily use Rinnosuke/Yukari/Yamame/Medicine. Lose vs. Akyuu, then lose vs. Meimu. Defeat Kanako).
7) Pandaemonium (Storyline events involving Byakuren. Defeat Myouren with Byakuren. Storyline events involving Cirno. Teleport to Hakurei Shrine becomes available.)
8) Valley of Corpses (No Items can be used in dungeon. Does not affect Nitori's Stock command. Defeat Yuugenmagan, Marquis Malboro, Lich, and Tiamat.)
9) Valley of Corpses - Dimensional Rift (Defeat Kotohime and Magic Stone)
10) Pandaemonium (Storyline events. Relationship between Mokou and Reisen expanded upon)
11) Frozen Fields (Defeat Yuugenmagan, and then later Yuki and Mai)
12) Frozen Fields - Dimensional Rift (Defeat Gilgamesh, Kotohime, and Magic Stone)
13) Pandaemonium (Storyline events. Revelation of Byakuren and Mima working together)
14) Hollowed Caverns (Defeat Curse Dragon)
15) Miasma Fields (10 minute time limit before Strong Poison is inflicted on the party and will constantly deal damage over time. Defeat Rika/Flower Tank, then later Ice Behemoth/King Behemoth)
16) Ruins of Vina (Three separate parties. First with main party, second with Mima/Youki, and third with Chaos/Lunasa/Koishi/Utsuho. Defeat Rika/Evil Eye Sigma, then later Elis)
17) Ruins of Vina - Dimensional Rift (Defeat Erich, VIVIT, and the Magic Stone)
18) Pandaemonium (Storyline events. Battle vs. Seiga who steals various ultimate weapons that Shinki gave the party.)
19) Fallen Shrine (Defeat Zodiark and Death)
20) Fallen Shrine - Dimensional Rift (Defeat Magic Stone)
21) Reimaden (All gimmicks from past dungeons appear here with a couple new ones. Defeat Akyuu, Tenshi, Five Magic Stones/Phantom Mima, and Pestilence.)
22) Pandaemonium (Storyline)
23) Sealed Cave (Storyline)
24) Pandaemonium (Defeat Yumeko with Sakuya alone. Defeat Shinki, then defeat Sara/Luize/Yuki/Mai/Yumeko/Shinki with various parties.)
25) Silent Shrine (Defeat Rika, Warmech, Meira, and Mugetsu).
26) Pandaemonium (Storyline. Defeat Nazrin and Shou.)
27) Myouren Temple (Defeat Kogasa)
28) Palanquin Ship (Defeat Ichirin and Murasa)
29) Hokkai (Defeat Nue. Nue temporarily joins the party. Can choose a party from Marisa/Hope/Byakuren/Shinki/Shou/Nazrin/Mima/Nue/Youki/Alice/Chaos/Lunasa/Koishi/Utsuho. Defeat Kikuri, Elis, and Meimu. Defeat Order, then Order again with only Byakuren, then defeat Sariel. Lose Byakuren from the party. End beta5)

BETA 6:

1) Hakurei Shrine Forest (Defeat Chaos with only Hope)
2) Hakurei Shrine (Defeat Reimu with Hope and Chaos. Chaos leaves the party. Reimu rejoins the party.)
**THE FOLLOWING CAN BE DONE IN ANY ORDER, BUT CIRNO HAS TO BE GOTTEN IN ORDER TO PROCEED AT THE VERY LEAST**
3) Forest of Magic - Lunatic Path (Defeat Marisa)
4) Misty Lake - River Bank (Defeat Cirno/Advent Cirno)
5) Youkai Mountain (Defeat Aya and Momiji. At Genbu Marsh, defeat Nitori. At Moriya Shrine, defeat Sanae and Suwako.)
6) Scarlet Devil Mansion (Defeat Meiling, Patchouli, Sakuya, and Remilia, then defeat all four together.)
7) Bamboo Forest of the Lost (Defeat Reisen and Mokou/Keine/EX Keine)
8) Hakugyokurou (Defeat Youmu and Yuyuko)
9) Road of Reconsideration (Defeat Komachi)
10) Sunflower Fields (Defeat Yuuka)
11) Probability Hyperspace Vessel (Defeat Chiyuri, then defeat Yumemi)
12) Remains of Hell (Defeat Koishi and Utsuho)
13) Myouren Temple (Defeat Nue. Nue can then be bought from the Tengu Village shop)
**END**
14) Mirage Tower (Party split with 2-3 parties. Tempoarily lose Cirno)
15) Pandaemonium-R (Defeat Rikako/Yuugi/Flandre/Suika, then defeat Rikako with Cirno/Advent Cirno and Daiyousei. Heart of Pandora also takes place during this event, with the player having to use Mystia, Tewi, Chen, Wriggle, Shikieiki, Minoriko, Byakuren, and Eirin as their party members)
16) Eientei - Pathway to the Moon (Yorihime tempoarily joins the party)
17) Lunar Path
18) Lunarian Capital
19) Lunarian Palace (Defeat Kaguya, then defeat Yorihime and Toyohime)
20) Sea of Clouds (Tenshi temporarily joins the party.)
21) Bhava-Agra (Defeat Ultima with Tenshi/Yuuka/Mima/Youki. Defeat Rika/Meira, and then finally defeat Konngara. End beta6)

BETA 7:

1) End of Gensokyo (Defeat Youki, Mima, and Yukari. Yukari joins the party.)
2) Gaplands (Trials)
3) The Void (Storyline and defeat all guardians and components. Defeat Rinnosuke/Pandora Rinnosuke/Pandora. End game if good ending is not active, and give bad ending.
4) Heart of Pandora (Storyline and defeat Minoriko, Eirin, Satori, Shikieiki, and Byakuren, then finally defeat Sariel, Pandora Sariel, and Hope Complete. Final battle against Sariel with just Reimu and Hope. End game).

BETA 8:

TOTAL = 100 events
Current Done = 48 events
Current Left = 52 events

So essentially, there's about 47 more events left to do. Still quite a few dungeons in general at that (some are going to be omitted. If you are willing to help on mapping dungeons, feel free to ask me).

What Needs Done Still:

Mapping: A rough estimate of 35 dungeons remain for the maingame. I am trying to keep maps for each dungeon, save for final dungeon, under 10 maps each. For more information about what needs mapped, contact me. In addition, some maps can use updates to make them look better.

Spriting: Unless someone wants to make a whole bunch of custom sprites to replace the Final Fantasy sprites, there's not a whole lot needing spriting. Mostly for the OCs such as Chaos, Hope, and Fate, and for Advent Cirno and Youki, and that's it.

Images: Only for the OCs, as there's no need for images for the Touhou characters. Images include concept art and face portraits.

Eventing: This I can probably do for the most part myself, but there are some things here and there that I wouldn't mind having help with, in particular things such as setting up and making sure puzzles work correctly, as well as game systems such as character abilities.

Beta Testing: Always looking for people interested in giving feedback and criticism on the game, as well as find out and test the game for bugs!

Again, if anyone is interested in helping, feel free to contact me! I am really REALLY wanting to get this game done and over with, as working on it (mostly) solo for 5-6 years has been rather taxing, and I really would like to finish this before doing any other games (in particular, I've been thinking of doing a Fire Emblem type game but...that isn't going to happen until this game is done!).

Why do I want to finish this? Well...aside from the aforementioned tired of working on it (mostly) solo for 5-6 years, I'm kinda done with Touhou in general. Lack of interest and all. Now, I COULD just abandon this game, but that feels like such a waste after spending so much time on it, and I hate leaving a good story to hang to dry and never be done, so I'm trying to wrap this up as much as possible. Post-game content may not be included at all due to this of course.