RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Disease Effect Event Help?

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Ok so I really want to create diseases that have certain damaging effects (Like lowering an attribute until you use a cure disease potion or a cleric could heal you). How can I do this with just events?
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
For VXA, right?

You could probably just create a state, while making it where it doesn't end on its own (just like the default poison state). And you could have it added/removed via the "Change State" event command.

In VXA, it's really easy to raise/lower attributes for states. Just set the parameter in question to a lower percent in the state's "Features" box. =o

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

Of course, you could also make the entire party be recovered, or just do a conditional branch to check who has the state applied if you only want to recover one, etc.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:19:38 AM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
My bad DX

It's for XP.
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Aww, drat. B( I'm no good with XP. D:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
My bad DX It's for XP.
It's pretty much the same, only, that there are % increase & decrease parameters.

States Creation
Spoiler for:
First you go to states and then you can change the restrictions, as you like, for an example you can say "Can't use magic".
Second point is you can raise or decrease the parameters as you wish like in the second red box. For example I decreased MAXHP and MDEF by 10%, shows up in the editor as 90%. I also reduced PDEF by 25% means 75% in the editor.

Add State To Character
Spoiler for:
Then you can make a event that gives you the state by clicking at "Change state..."

Then you can select, if only one character or every character get's this state "add" or loose this state "remove".
Then you select the state you like to add, for example "Disease"

Items To Cure States
Spoiler for:
1. You have to choose, which character is scope, for example I chosen "One ally".
2. You have to choose, which state should be removed or added, in our example removed so I chosen "- Disease".

I hope, that I could help you, if you need more simply let me know and I tried better on my help skills. ;) (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My bad DX

Naaaaaaah, it's my bad. :p I'm the dumbass that didn't see "RMXP Event Systems" at the top of the screen. xD

And +rep to Octavia. =o I'd feel bad if nobody got to this, after my failure. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
How can I do this with just events?

Well, do you really want to do it with just events, or are you looking just to avoid scripting? You can do it the way Octavia said, but if for some reason you absolutely HAVE to have an event system in place, instead of having the item remove the state, create a common event that your item calls on, that removes the state instead; although, that would be more complex than need be.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3