RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Nintendo 2DS

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Don't forget the complete lack of difficulty halfway through the game, and the completely broken characters and mechanics.

Just like every Fire Emblem!
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm just glad they made it more casual. I'm the type of person who would just let everyone die off because I don't feel like being meticulous, and end up with too few people to manage, at which point I'd have to restart from the very beginning, and repeat ad nauseam. But I guess that makes me the type of person who shouldn't be playing those games anyway.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'd rather deal with that and restart to keep alive a bunch of characters that I actually care about. :V ('Cause I'm a nerd and have some feelings for pixels apparently).

Either way, I guess it's easy to think of Awakening's characters as disposable, because they really are, if you play casual. Still, I think the option was a good idea for new players. 8) And, yeah, I did really love the hair-color changing kiddos. :P

Spoiler for:
Chrom is really just Ike with different hair (but less bad ass and more of a do-gooder). Lissa is really just Mist. Frederick is really just Seth. Aaaaaaaaand Cordelia is really just an in-game Mary Sue. :mad:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
IDK what you guys are all hostile towards the 2DS for, it's really, really nice for people whose hands are way too friggin' big for the tiny little 3DS.

I have both and I really prefer the 2DS. It takes up less space in a purse, easier to hold if you have large hands and it's cute. Cutteeee. I love it.

(also the 3D for migraine sufferers like me is the worst thing ever. instant migraine and then you lie on the ground and cry)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
People just think that if they aren't a part of the target audience for a product, then that product is automatically a bad one.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
People just think that if they aren't a part of the target audience for a product, then that product is automatically a bad one.

^ Re-quoting because that pretty much hits the nail right there.

All things considered, it seems like the 2DS is selling alright at my store. People seem to like the idea. I've actually been tempted to get one myself. :V Sure, I prefer flip designs, but I would still buy it.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
I want one, honestly. I never cared for the 3D aspect anyway.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
I still think it looks silly. But if I didn't already have a 3DS I'd get one since it's cheaper and I never use the 3D.