RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What games do you want risen from the grave?

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
I have a thing for big game companies taking some games and "making them the shiz" to the new age. What I want risen from the grave, even though its embarrassing to say, is Wonderboy. I loved the Monsterland/World Series. And whatever happened to Dragon Quest Console Games? I know DS created some, but the last console one was on PS2.
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Megaman Legends
Half Life 3
Horse Illustrated Championship Season: The Ultimate Riding Adventure 2
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
EarthBound / Mother.

It's been way too long since Mother 3 came out, and it didn't even really make it overseas. I want more of that kooky style and awesome music, more of that simple, carefree ambiance with sudden, jarringly deep moments effortlessly mixed in without being preachy or taking itself too seriously.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
I stand in support for another Earthbound.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Shining Force for sure.

Also maybe a real spiritual successor to Betrayal at Krondor. The actual sequels were pretty lame and they took out all the best parts.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Shining Force for sure.

Also maybe a real spiritual successor to Betrayal at Krondor. The actual sequels were pretty lame and they took out all the best parts.
I remember Shining Force. God, that was a good game  :tpg:

I really want Suikoden to come back, I really like that you can sort out your own army/soldiers in Suikoden 5 and go to war with soldiers on dinosaurs because who doesn't like soldiers on dinosaurs?  ;8
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
Shining Force for sure.

I know Betrayal in Antara wasn't a sequel, but it used the same engine and was pretty cool, imo. That's mostly nostalgia speaking, though, since I don't have any machines capable of playing it anymore.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
For some reason, I could never find a working copy of the game. It always crashed after the first scene.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:31:33 AM by modern algebra »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I would love to see a reboot of Lagoon for the SNES.

Do any of you remember Lagoon?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Super Mario RPG for teh SNES
I want a 3DS remake or something~!

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I know there a lot of games like:
1. Lufia 2 (SNES) [I know there were some on GB and GBA to, but I never played them, plus the "imagine/ancestor cave" was really cool and some sort of equipment grinding)
2. Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 (GC) [PSO3 deosn'T count as a PSO it's more a Nage Libre. ;) ]
3. Dragon Quest Monsters (GB)
4. F-Zero X (N-64) [I know there was GX for GC but this one was way too hard, plus the X-Cup from N-64 was a guarantee for infinite Gameplay fun. :) ]
5. Legend Of Dragoon (PSOne)
6. Koudelka (PSOne)
7. Parasite Eve (PSOne) [The first one was such an perfect game and then there came a crappy PE2 or should I say RE clone. ;) ]
8. Project Zero 3 (PS2)
9. Mario Kart (SNES) [I know about the GC, WII, DS, 3DS titels but I don't like this drifting thing, I hope for a good fun racer like Super Mario Kart. ;) ]
10. Two Worlds (X360) [I know TW2 but for me it only is getted bigger and cool parts like the weapon lvl up were deleted. Plus you always getting better equipment in Part 1 in
                                part 2 there wasn't no loot grinding anymore. :( ]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Darkstalkers.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
EarthBound / Mother.

It's been way too long since Mother 3 came out, and it didn't even really make it overseas. I want more of that kooky style and awesome music, more of that simple, carefree ambiance with sudden, jarringly deep moments effortlessly mixed in without being preachy or taking itself too seriously.

It's a possibility. Earthbound's VC release has been met with extremely positive reactions. Also, while not definitive, this does point towards us getting more Mother series games: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-opens-earthbound-onett-times-announcement-community-on-miiverse/
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I really want Suikoden to come back, I really like that you can sort out your own army/soldiers in Suikoden 5 and go to war with soldiers on dinosaurs because who doesn't like soldiers on dinosaurs?  ;8

I'd be okay with a legitimate rerelease of the first one. The fifth was pretty good too though.

Rep:
Level 96
EarthBound / Mother.

It's a possibility. Earthbound's VC release has been met with extremely positive reactions. Also, while not definitive, this does point towards us getting more Mother series games: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-opens-earthbound-onett-times-announcement-community-on-miiverse/
arlen happy

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・

I'd be okay with a legitimate rerelease of the first one. The fifth was pretty good too though.
I think the 1st Suikoden is available via the PSN store?
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Oh, sweet. Even though I'd have to buy a PS3 to play it, it still beats paying 200 bucks for a copy of the game on eBay.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
EarthBound / Mother.

arlen happy

Not to rain on your parade, but I seem to remember an interview with Itoi saying that 3 was the last he wanted to do. He said something along the lines of "I feel like the story has been told. I'm glad that Mother 3 was made, but I don't think there's anything left to say.". I'm sure it's on starmen.net somewhere. If nintendo cuts a fart loosely resembling earthbound news it's on starmen.net.

Rep:
Level 96
arlen mad but laughing at that brilliant joke

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Ok I want to add one that I forgot: Conker and Gex. Both were platforming characters of my childhood. I still remember Gex's catch phrases from 1 and 2: Enter The Gecko.

Rep:
Level 96
Axelay 2.

Soul Blazer.

Actraiser.

Megammannnn....

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Actraiser

Crash Bandicoot ( My favorite plattform as a kid, and Im also the un-crowned champion of Crash Team Racing :P)

Battle Arena Toschinden ( I think I spelled it wrong)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Fuck, why do game developers tease my childhood nostalgia so? First Duck Tales Remastered came out last month, and now one of my fonder early games Castle of Illusion just got released yesterday. These were some of the very first games I ever played, before I even knew what a video game even really was. Aside from Sonic, my old fashioned parents figured there couldn't be any harm to Disney games, so I remember going through a fair chunk of classics like these.

Hell, they even redid Dragon's Lair and Space Ace earlier this year. Are there any other nostalgic classics that I'm missing? Did they remake Quackshot too or something?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
They re-made TMNT: Turtles In Time like 1-2 years ago. I heard that game was a big failure compared to the original.

Rep:
Level 96
Personally I thought turtles in time kinda sucked anyway...