RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What games do you want risen from the grave?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Banjo Kazooie. Nuts and Bolts wasn't terrible, but it just didn't have the same feel. I'd like to see a legitimate sequel with the original platforming elements in tact.

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Banjo Kazooie. Nuts and Bolts wasn't terrible, but it just didn't have the same feel. I'd like to see a legitimate sequel with the original platforming elements in tact.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Yes I know. I want another sequel. :mad:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Diablo. The first one. I really wish they would take that and do something to it. They got the first one right, second was okay, and third is crap. Go back and relearn from your first success and then maybe get something good put out =p

<not that I think Blizzard Entertainment would be reading this thread, but that's mostly a rant AT them lolz...>

But seriously, I think they could do a lot more with it now, with expansion packs, character improvements, and overhauling some of the dungeons.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\รด/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Diablo. The first one. I really wish they would take that and do something to it. They got the first one right, second was okay, and third is crap. Go back and relearn from your first success and then maybe get something good put out =p
<not that I think Blizzard Entertainment would be reading this thread, but that's mostly a rant AT them lolz...>
But seriously, I think they could do a lot more with it now, with expansion packs, character improvements, and overhauling some of the dungeons.
YAY! Finally one who thinks the same about the Diablo series. :)
I think the first one was really the best one too. (\s/)

The first one was definitely the best. (It's the same case for most things actually)

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Chrono Trigger,

Battle Toads,

Unreal Tournament

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Ditto on Chrono Trigger, but I wouldn't want Square to make it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I don't know if it counts, but I'd like to see a proper sequel to Freedom Fighters. That was one of my all time favorite games from the last generation. It had a lot of cool concepts, particularly when it came to squad management and strategy. Sure, you could go John McClain on everything, but it was so much more fun to position your group and coax the Soviets into walking into an ambush.

If we're talking about remakes/reboots/reimaginings, I want to see one for Demon's Crest from the SNES.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The people that actually made good games at Square are all at Monolith Soft now (which is owned by Nintendo). Square Enix is pretty much nothing anymore.
:tinysmile:

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Another game that has to be revived with a sequal is Conker's Bad Fur Day. RARE did start on a sequal, but it was cancelled. And the remake isn't nearly as good as the original. I want a sequal that has the same vulgar humor as the original.

Rep:
Level 96
Enix properties were so NEAT man. They weren't exactly heavy weight contenders, but you could be guaranteed they were just a little bit different.

Ditto on Demon's Crest, that game was fucking awesome, even if the final bosses were a bit...insane.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Axelay 2.

Soul Blazer.

Actraiser.

Megammannnn....

Speaking of the legendary megaman himself.....
http://youtu.be/JmCVzjGVFy4

He comes back at Mario with a vengeance! XD
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

Rep:
Level 96
F-Zero needs a new game damn it. I know they just said the tech wasn't good enough to make it worthwhile, but I want more.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Miyamoto said he doesn't know what to do with F-Zero that would be new and doesn't understand why anyone would want another one. That and the fact that Mario Kart 8 seems to be approaching F-Zero territory makes it unlikely we'll see a new one soon, but I'd like a new one as well.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Personally, I would love for somebody to get the rights to Crystalis and relaunch the game into a brand new series. The NES version was far superior to the GBC one, with better music, strategy, and even story, but considering how late into the NES lifespan it came out, I don't think it ever got the fame it deserved.

It was one of the best action rpg's at the time, even surpassing the original Legend of Zelda in some ways, and introduced certain game mechanics that are still used today (jump boots, ocarinas to call a whale, 8 directional movement...).

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Metroid. It's certainly in the grave after what Team Ninja did to it. Just give it back to Retro Studios, dammit. They made the Prime games with such an amazing artistic passion and attention to detail, imagine what they could do with today's graphics.

It would be tough, though. Tougher than it was turning Metroid in to a first person adventure game (which Retro pulled off flawlessly, by the way). It would be tough because something needs to be addressed about the Metroid games: why does her suit keep failing, and bringing us back to square one? Team Ninja tried to address this by making Samus a whiny peon that had to run through a volcano without the varia suit because some big strong man told her she had to. It was idiotic and threw the very idea of who Samus is in our faces. Not to mention the liberal re-writing of well-established events in the previous games just to make Metroid: Other M make sense. And also, yeah, we get it. Metroid: Other M = MOM. Bottle ship = a baby's bottle. The baby, the baby, the baby. God dammit, we get it, Samus is a "mom" and the metroid is her "child." Jesus, what a horribly written game.

So yeah, it would be difficult to justify Samus loosing all her suit powers for the millionth time, but ... gdammit, I just want more Metroid Prime.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
When I was a kid, there was an arcade game called Rolling Thunder. It was the most basic platforming shoot-the-bad-gize game ever but I LOVED it.

They ported a Ghosts and Goblins spin-off (Maximo) to PS2 and that worked. How about another for current systems?

And while they're at it, how about a next-gen console version of some more Nintendo classics, like Faxanadu or Battle for Olympus (and dont tell me God of War was) or even another Gauntlet?

And yes, something ought to be done to Team Ninja for taking a well-loved protagonist like Samus and turning her entire vibe upside down. She's supposed to be tough.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:44:25 PM by GLaDOS »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I would really like Doom to come back. :(
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
I want another Enix RPG.

I know that's not specific, but 7th Saga, Mystic Ark, Brainlord... man, there was just a vibe to those I can't find in anything else.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Probably my childhood favorite; The Age of Dinosaurs [Pharmacy Edition] 3D
Spoiler for:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Rival Schools.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWyyyTdKlo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWyyyTdKlo</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaVkTXPyZoM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaVkTXPyZoM</a>

I played this game at an arcade for hours and hours.

Edit: I totally forgot but fun little tidbit, Rival Schools was Sakura's first appearance.  She made her way into Street Fighter later on.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:10:34 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I remember Rival Schools!

Hmmm, I was bummed when they canceled Mega Man Legends 3. Let's do that.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Metroid. It's certainly in the grave after what Team Ninja did to it. Just give it back to Retro Studios, dammit. They made the Prime games with such an amazing artistic passion and attention to detail, imagine what they could do with today's graphics.

It would be tough, though. Tougher than it was turning Metroid in to a first person adventure game (which Retro pulled off flawlessly, by the way). It would be tough because something needs to be addressed about the Metroid games: why does her suit keep failing, and bringing us back to square one? Team Ninja tried to address this by making Samus a whiny peon that had to run through a volcano without the varia suit because some big strong man told her she had to. It was idiotic and threw the very idea of who Samus is in our faces. Not to mention the liberal re-writing of well-established events in the previous games just to make Metroid: Other M make sense. And also, yeah, we get it. Metroid: Other M = MOM. Bottle ship = a baby's bottle. The baby, the baby, the baby. God dammit, we get it, Samus is a "mom" and the metroid is her "child." Jesus, what a horribly written game.

So yeah, it would be difficult to justify Samus loosing all her suit powers for the millionth time, but ... gdammit, I just want more Metroid Prime.

I haven't even played the game, but based on the horror stories I've heard about its plot, I'm confident I made the right choice in avoiding it.

I'd really like to know why Team Ninja thought it would be a good idea to shit all over Samus' character. She spent half of Fusion lamenting on the fact that she had to take orders (which, given her status as a bounty hunter and not standing military, is entirely acceptable and expected), but in a game supposedly set in between that game and Super Metroid, she's blindly taking orders?

Ugh.

Nintendo really needs to take Metroid back. It's their one and only sci-fi franchise; okay, so it might not be as popular as Zelda and Mario, but it still has a decently large following, and even then it's widely respected in the gaming world. That's probably wishful thinking by this point.

I remember Rival Schools!

Hmmm, I was bummed when they canceled Mega Man Legends 3. Let's do that.

Have you heard of Mighty No. 9 by any chance? Evidently Keiji Inafune started his own team after leaving Capcom (probably because they canceled Legends 3), and they're aiming to create a spiritual successor to Mega Man. He had a Kickstarter going to fund it.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku