RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How It's Going Down Under?

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

Rep:
Level 82
It's been a little on the warm side from what I hear from my family there. That nice red bit is just about hovering over them (they live in Adelaide). I'd still go back in heartbeat if I had the luxury.

Don't forget D&P3 as well, he lives in the same city, if my memory isn't wrong. If I am remembering right, they're not in the red just yet but I bet they still feel it.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yesterday I stepped outside and my legs melted. On Friday it was 110ºf in Melbourne (where, yes, DP3 also lives). Since then I've gone up to Sydney, where been fluctuating around that all week. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that weather forecasts are bullshit. My forecast for Sydney says that today has a high of 74ºf and that it'll be cloudy. It's only 9 AM, it must be at least 90ºf, and there's not a friggin cloud anywhere.

But yeah. Fuck. I want cold back ;9
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
But yeah. Fuck. I want cold back ;9

*sends cold*

It rarely gets above the 70s at the best of times in the UK. This week we are looking at about 44F where I live, and the week will bring us into the mid 50s if we're lucky.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
It's been pretty humid this last week (some nights even being in the 30s). Although in Melbourne for the past two days we've had nice Wintery weather, just the way I like it.

The weather man says it's possible we may hit the 50s soon (a first for Australia), I bloody hope not, I can't stand 35 degrees, I'm not going to last in 50.
On the plus side, that prediction is based in Alice Springs (just far enough away from most capital cities).

Then we've got all the bush fires across the Eastern side of the country, in NSW (A.K.A Surrounding area of Sydney / Canberra) there are 140 bushfires in total and expected to rise, 30 of which have not been contained and pose threats to properties and agriculture. In Victoria (where me and Pacman live), we've had a few minor ones, but given the weather we've just had I suspect they've been dealt with last night.
South Australia (Adelaide) has got 7 out of control bushfires and several others that are being maintained.

NSW is on a total fireban today as the Fire Brigade once again try to combat them; though with the heat conditions in NSW looking to remain up in the high tempartures for a days and lack of moisture in the air, seems like they're not going to be dealt with anytime soon.

How are we doing? Well Pacman and I are doing alright, those People in Sydney & Canberra are probably worried sick, as for Adelaide? Well if they get our weather, they should be fine, if not we'll just have to hope there isn't anymore problems popping up.

How are we doing as a country? Ask again when it's Winter, a lot of agriculture has been lost and no doubt this will affect the economy...
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Perhaps you should consider migrating north for the Australian summer.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It rarely gets above the 70s at the best of times in the UK. This week we are looking at about 44F where I live, and the week will bring us into the mid 50s if we're lucky.

Damn, bliss.

Also in b4 sword comes in going HURHUR THAT'S NOT HOT LOL Texas WOOO

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I'm still trying to wrap my egocentric American mind around the fact that February in Australia means hot.

Glad to hear you both are surviving!

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Up here in SE Queensland it has been fine for a little bit until today. Pretty warm now, though I'm not sure how hot. Predictions were 38 degrees Celsius but it doesn't feel like quite that much. It's still not nearly as unbearable as it was a few weeks ago, so that's good.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Around where are you chewey? =o

It's cooled down quite a bit today, for which I am immensely thankful. I'm still not exactly comfortable living 200 km from a bushfire ._.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I am a couple hours north of Brisbane.

Rep:
Level 82
NSW is on a total fireban today as the Fire Brigade once again try to combat them; though with the heat conditions in NSW looking to remain up in the high tempartures for a days and lack of moisture in the air, seems like they're not going to be dealt with anytime soon.

If only those bushes would take note of that fireban, things wouldn't be so bad. So thoughtless they are, setting on fire all the time and causing problems.

Quote from: D&P3
How are we doing? Well Pacman and I are doing alright, those People in Sydney & Canberra are probably worried sick, as for Adelaide? Well if they get our weather, they should be fine, if not we'll just have to hope there isn't anymore problems popping up.

I can imagine the outer reaches of the city being a lot more worried, especially the more north you go. Probably be a lot of produce lost up there, too.

Quote from: D&P3
How are we doing as a country? Ask again when it's Winter, a lot of agriculture has been lost and no doubt this will affect the economy...

I remember whilst I was there back in 2011, the price of bananas following the floods in Queensland... safe to say I didn't eat any bananas until they came back down. I bought 2, not really paying attention to cost, and after hitting the check out found that they were something like $13/kg (or some such silly value). I almost fell over (though that might have been the weather).

Mind, your food economy isn't the only one that's going to feel it this year. The UK has had that much rain this winter, most of our crops and produce have been lost too. I think I remember them saying that potatoes will be going up by 30-odd%, and they're already priced at around £2 or so. For such a staple food, I think I'll be un-stapling it from my diet.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
As far as I know farms here in Queensland aren't really hurting any.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Damn, bliss.

Also in b4 sword comes in going HURHUR THAT'S NOT HOT LOL Texas WOOO
I wasn't going to until I read this.
But seriously, man up.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
hot enough for ya

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Is it humid in Texas?? It ain't humid at all in Australia so the heat is never really a huge deal.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
It's humid from Dallas down. Dallas (where sword lives) isn't humid that often. Anywhere from Dallas down is like, swamp humid, plus heat waves of 120F+.

Amarillo and the north is just really really REALLY WINDY.

Like, I got frostbite inside my boot, inside my truck, cause the windchill one winter day was -55F.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Though I'm not pleased with the predicament, I do like seeing the people come together in times like these.
Like during the Black Saturday Bushfires, some of the stingiest fuckers out used to go to my school, but when it came to an out of school uniform day to raise donations for the bushfire charity, these same people were happy to had any and all spare change over to the teachers.
The other states sent over spare fire crew to help ours combat the flames, there was even one firefighter from NSW who lost their life just getting transported here (what's the politically correct term for a soldier who loses their life on their way to a combat zone? ;9). Even New Zealand, another country, sent some soldiers our way, even providing us with more helicopter bombardment and water (since we were running out after a near-decade long drought).
I could even see the smoke clouds and bright flame-like colours at night time, I still remember that scared feeling of it being a losing battle; because I felt that if I could see the effects from the capital city, then what's stopping it from reaching here?

Anyway, I like that we can come together, I just hate the fact that it requires a crisis for it to happen :(
That said, mother nature has been fairly kind to our water reserve since then, I just want Summer to end.

I'm still trying to wrap my egocentric American mind around the fact that February in Australia means hot.

Glad to hear you both are surviving!
Gimme your snow! :mad:
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 82
Though I'm not pleased with the predicament, I do like seeing the people come together in times like these.

I have to say, that's one thing that the Aussie's do really well. When it comes to it, they come together quite well.

Sometimes, it doesn't seem that way in the UK. Most people couldn't care less about the misfortunes of others, especially if they aren't connected. Small rural communities tend to come together, but people in cities are too up their own backsides to be too concerned if some farmer just had his land napalmed (extreme example). "Well, it doesn't affect me so why should I care?" That's the problem with this country at the best of times, especially when it comes to the effects of politics.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
D&P: snow is pushing it! Tennessee is still south enough to just get cold. No snow on the west end. Now in Michigan where my wife is from, that's a different story!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It got up into the 70s here in Tennessee the past two days. In Winter.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
In NW Indiana its 50F. In the middle of winter. EFFING WINTER.

But global warming's a myth, right? Pfeh.
:tinysmile:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
People in cities are too up their own backsides to be too concerned if some farmer just had his land napalmed (extreme example). "Well, it doesn't affect me so why should I care?" That's the problem with this country at the best of times, especially when it comes to the effects of politics.
And the politicians talk about nothing other than how they're going to help 'those poor sods' if they get elected, amirite?

It got up into the 70s here in Tennessee the past two days. In Winter.
In NW Indiana its 50F. In the middle of winter. EFFING WINTER.

But global warming's a myth, right? Pfeh.

Uhh... it's normal for us to get those tempatures during winter.
Just how cold does it normally get for you?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Out my way it's not uncommon to see 0F with a wind chill in the negatives. See, I live on the southe shore of Lake Michigan, and the stretch of Porter, LaPorte and Jasper counties along it is called the Snow Belt- It has something to do with the lakes being so huge they make their own maritime weather patterns, some of which are famous for sinking iron ore freighters. (see SS Edmund Fitzgerald and the Witch of November)

When I was a kid, we'd get blasted from November all the way till March; it was a guarantee that at least 2 weeks of winter were snow-in days. Now we're lucky to see 3 inches at a time, and that's IF it doesnt rain right after it snows. I, for one, feel gypped. I want my snow!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:13:44 AM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
If you get snow at all, you don't get to complain. :mad:

And the politicians talk about nothing other than how they're going to help 'those poor sods' if they get elected, amirite?

This thread started out as "how about that weather huh" and DP3 managed to turn it into another of one his anarchist politician hate threads for which he is so notorious.