RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fitness thread? Fitness thread.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
If there are any of you that haven't looked into what bone structure means for your ideal calorie intake, it really does help.

Hm, I had no idea I had a medium frame. Good to know. :P

Anyway, I'm still sticking to my regimen. I've noticed some pretty decent gains, but I've more or less plateaued. Not that I have any real problem with that. I feel a lot better, and not just physically. I'm I'm lot more confident, that's for sure.

I've also managed to quit smoking, so that's a nice bonus on top of it all. Woo~
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Keep that shit up, my friend! Cigarettes are poison, plain and simple. Well done!
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Allow me to create a world for you.
1 month off cigs! yay me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Looking For Casual Work (I work a full time job)~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Woo! Congrats on being cig-free (or almost), guys!! :D

Anyway, I'm still sticking to my regimen. I've noticed some pretty decent gains, but I've more or less plateaued. Not that I have any real problem with that. I feel a lot better, and not just physically. I'm I'm lot more confident, that's for sure.

You said "gains" and I was immediately like "Awwww sorry about that :(". Then I realized that "gains" can mean a good thing for men. That word in the context of weight has the plague amongst us ladies. ;9

I am told by my nursey wife that anything under 700 kcal a day actually throws one into starvation mode, where ANY intake is metabolized more slowly. Silly girls, no wonder you all think you're cows.

I'm so bad with this calorie stuff, so I may have been off on the numbers. :B

I was off on my numbers, too... Apparently It's more like 1600 a day, not 1200. My dad made me switch to loseit instead of myfitnesspal and by time I plugged in my numbers and did more research. This thing is also the coolest weight loss calculator ever. Use that + measuring your frame size for maximum detail. ;o

I'm done with classes after next week, so it's about time I picked up DDP Yoga again. :drsword:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Just for the record, you're not supposed to go under 1200cal a day, but you'd have to be severely restricting your calories over a long period of time to actually go into "starvation mode".

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Just for the record, you're not supposed to go under 1200cal a day, but you'd have to be severely restricting your calories over a long period of time to actually go into "starvation mode".

Ahh, so I pretty seriously overestimated how much I needed to diet. :B It seems like my problem was really more along the lines of "watching what I eat" and not so much "XTREME DIET TYME". Paired with exercise, it might be silly for me to run that close to the edge, anyways. I'm so bad at this! ;____; Every time I've lost weight, it's been through exercise.

My dad is pretty much the only example I have to learn from as far as someone dieting in the house. He managed to starve his way down to starvation mode at one point and completely stopped losing weight. He got himself down 100+ lbs and then couldn't lose anymore and had to give up. Thankfully, he's back on his diet and isn't starving himself this time.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I'm kind of lazy when it comes to counting calories, in the sense that I eat a lot of carbs and protein and don't bother to count them. I'm pretty sure I average out at 2000+ a day, but I don't know for sure.

I must be doing something right, though. :P I figure if I weren't, I wouldn't be maxing out at 225 on the bench. I want to go heavier, but that's my wall right now.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If you lift, it doesn't really matter. In order to build muscle mass, you actually need a surplus of calories, so trying to eat fewer calories ends up hindering progress. I don't know a whole lot about it personally, but you could browse through r/lifting and find tons of info on what macros you should shoot for and all that.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It looks like I'm down by 3 lbs already? ;___; Probably that initial "OMG U JUST CUT OUT SODAS AND JUNK FOOD" spike, but it still feels great. I did (purposefully) cheat a little on the holiday, but I've been super good today and every other day. :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
oh hello

I'll see myself out
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Keep it up Roph :)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I recently hopped back on the move more bandwagon. I really do want to tackle this :mad:

I started watching my calories and just moving more. I've lost 8lbs in a month. I can now wrap my apron strings around me and tie them in front ^_^  Which is a big deal for me :) 

@Strike: the app is Monitor Your Weight

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Huh. Okay.

I have to watch what I eat for medical reasons. I had my gallbladder removed so I cant eat a lot of fat or I get the runs, and since I'm on Ritalin (there, I said it) I have to make sure I take in just enough sugars.

See, my pancreas is scarred and it acts funny sometimes, so every once in a while ill get a whole glob of insulin all at once. Not a big deal unless I'm already a little low on carbs, from say, having amphetamines like the Ritalin in my system.

Besides, Ritalin suppresses one's appetite, like any amphetamine will do. Its great help with concentration and it happens to help with losing weight, I just have to make sure my sugar doesn't crash. Hasn't happened yet!

In other news I ran a 5k today. I didn't time it, I just wanted to get through. Wooo!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Huh. Okay.

I have to watch what I eat for medical reasons. I had my gallbladder removed so I cant eat a lot of fat or I get the runs, and since I'm on Ritalin (there, I said it) I have to make sure I take in just enough sugars.

See, my pancreas is scarred and it acts funny sometimes, so every once in a while ill get a whole glob of insulin all at once. Not a big deal unless I'm already a little low on carbs, from say, having amphetamines like the Ritalin in my system.

Besides, Ritalin suppresses one's appetite, like any amphetamine will do. Its great help with concentration and it happens to help with losing weight, I just have to make sure my sugar doesn't crash. Hasn't happened yet!

In other news I ran a 5k today. I didn't time it, I just wanted to get through. Wooo!

Congrats on the 5k, M00s!!! :)

My mom also had her gallbladder removed and it seriously knocked out a ton of foods from her diet (but she's a picky eater anyways). Just recently, we found out that my older sister has gal stones. I do not envy you guys. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Thank you, Jules! I had to dig pretty deep.

And yes, gallstones suck pretty bad. I might wish it on my worst enemy, if I was feeling particularly cruel at the time. Poor kid, I hope she gets through soon.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IT'S HAPPENING
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I <3 u guys ;-;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Eeeeee!!! Congrats! ^_^
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back