RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fitness thread? Fitness thread.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Well, eggs are a pretty good start. What do you NOT like?

Mostly things like cous-cous, nuts, most kinds of veg, lentils. Mostly veggies and things. Its not like all I do is eat meat and cheese all day but my foods mostly just the same few things over and over.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Tastes change over time if you make an effort at it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:17:26 PM by Holkeye »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Just to let everyone know: I'm eating a salad.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Celery, no calories ;8
Brussel sprouts will put you off food as well.

Walking helps. I walk to school when I need to go there... just because I don't like suffocating in public transport with people who couldn't take that short walk from Flinders Street to the Arts Centre :mad:
But seriously I've noticed loss in weight just by walking 40 minutes when I need to, if I wasn't too lazy to stop there I just might be healthy ;9
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm starting to replace all the soda in my diet with water. It's already showing some fairly good results.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Brussels Sprouts are amazing. If you don't like them, you're cooking them wrong!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm not the one cooking em :V
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Brussels Sprouts are amazing. If you don't like them, you're cooking them wrong!
Beat me to it lol

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I put sweetcorn in my noodles.

Spoiler for We're getting there:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:30:28 PM by Queen Boob »

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Memberf*ck u >:(^_________________^LO !!
ewww brussel sprouts :(

but then again I eat kale, so I can't talk
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I sell kale!

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I have trouble keeping excess fat off :/.

My problem isn't an inability to lose it. Between resistance training and supplements I can lose weight easily (I hate soda now). The problem is resisting my grandparent's cooking -_-. I live with them so...yeah. Anytime I don't eat a lumberjack's meal they think I'm turning anorexic :/ lol.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 94
I joined a gym today. I've reached the limits of what I can do on my own, and im looking for some guidance. Personal trainer,  activate!

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Memberf*ck u >:(^_________________^LO !!
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
so question for you ladies and gents. What is the best time to workout?  If there is one.   I usually work out at night, after dinner. So usually around 7 or 8 pm.  I either go to the gym where I usually get in about an hour and 10 minutes (30 min treadmill + 5 min cool down, then 30 min stationary bike or eliptical + 5 min cool down).  Sometimes I'll use the weight lifting machines, but that is rare.   Right now I'm really focused on loosing. I have a lot to lose ;9

If I don't go to the gym, I do 50 minutes of dancing. I have a new heart rate monitor I got for Christmas, and honestly the dancing gets my heart rate up better than the gym.  My average heart rate when dancing is 162 (which is right in the middle of my target range). 

My only issue is this: once I work out I get HUNGRY.  No matter how full I was before I worked out, about an hour afterwards I am so hungry >_<  And I don't want to eat that late, so I end up snacking, and then I think "well don't snack, just eat something real"  So I eat a little bit.  It's not like I'm eating a massive amount of food at these times, but still that little bit puts me over my caloric intake for the day (set at 1400 calories per day)  and I don't like eating at 9 or 10 at night since I try to go to bed around 11:30 or so now.  I'm thinking if I moved my workout up to the middle of the day.. maybe when logan is down for his nap, that might help. I  could work out and then eat a little something and I'd have the rest of the day to work it off.

There are two problems with this: 1) I can't go to the gym any earlier. I babysit my nephews and so I go when they go home.   2) I'll still be over on calories.   

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Rep:
Level 94
Traditionally, morning is the best time, but some people believe that the afternoon is the best time.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Maybe I'll try doing the dance workout while logan is asleep then. what about the hunger thing? Is that normal? Any tips for controlling it?

Rep:
Level 94
You're supposed to eat after you workout. Google "what to eat after a workout" and you'll find some good info. Anything high in protein is great. Turkey, tuna, even peanut butter, but don't go crazy with it. You need to replace the calories that you just burned. I know it sounds counter-productive, but its not. The human body is weird.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
i've been working out pretty extensively for the past couple of weeks because I got lazy/busy around christmas. was at the gym today doing squats, pulled my hamstring. hnnnnnnnnng

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
ouch!  >_<   Sir, you need to be careful!   I hope you heal soon, pulled muscles hurt ;9

I did nothing yesterday and expect to follow that trend today. On the up side I'm barely eating so it shouldn't matter too much. I hate going to see a doctor but my throat is sore and super freaking itchy and it isn't getting better. I may have to suck it up and go see one soon though >_< 

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I was told that your best performance is after your afternoon glucose crash. As far as diet goes, it depends on what you want to do. For gaining weight, like muscle mass, go with lots of calories- good calories, like in fruit and simple starches. Your protien intake doesn't need to be increased, most likely, just reshuffled to 25% just before your lifts, 25% afterward, and the rest as you go. BASICS: Eat enough. Eat meat, veggies, fruit, some starch and no sugar. Water is your friend, as are carbs to jump-start your workout. Gaining mass is easier in the fall and winter.

For weight loss, you start early in the morning. Lots of cardio, MUCH water will help keep you hydrated AND feeling full. Fiber intake should increase, as important to weight loss as protien is to weight gain. The goal here is to excercise untill you sweat or 20 minutes, whichever comes last. Weight loss is easiest in the spring and summer. So I was told.

It worked for me. At the beginning of 2011 I was 260 lbs with 33% body fat. Now I'm 215 lbs with 23% body fat, and I can lift 180 lbs over my head from a sitting position.
:tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
RAGGGGGHHHHH

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
FUCK THIS WE NEED TO GET IN SHAPE.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Yes, FITNESS! I'll share my progress, and encourage others to do the same! :)

I was actually planning to post here soon, since I've been working on some weight loss look better goals. This time of the year doesn't particularly help, since I have an incurable sweet tooth. I'm probably not going at it the best way, but I've managed to slim down a bit, appearance-wise (unless either Malson or myself is lying to me :mad:).

Bear with me. I'm trying. ;_;

For exercise - So far, I've been doing Pilates (twice as much as I usually do). I have a specific work out kit that has been my on-and-off go-to for years, except for the times when I'm stupid enough to stop doing them. They're great at shaping and muscle-building, but my weight number hasn't exactly changed (muscle weights more than fat and all that). So, I've still got a tummy bulge to eradicate. I can feel muscle underneath all my tummy fluff, so there's a start. B)

Another thing I'm trying is (gasp) monitoring the calories I get from drinking (soda). All in all, my sweet tea and soda consumption is scarce, compared to what it used to be. :) I've mostly cut them out. It was easier than I thought, especially since I got into a citrus green tea craze and started to drink that instead. It seems a lot healthier, but I'm sure it has its downsides, as well. I can't stop looking at all those vitamins on the label, mang.

Food is my weakness and ally. I've tried to cut back on my calories before and ended up destroying my energy. It's really hard to measure what I need when I don't exactly fit the average female's criteria for build and height, so I can't quite diet like a normal female. I usually have more luck with exercise, though I'm totally up for a few food substitutions.

I'm going to try out some of the cardio advice I've seen around here. If anyone else has some simple fat-burning exercise/etc ideas to add to the pot, I'm all ears!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]