RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Grave Prosperity - Free Release Horror Game for PC

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Name: Grave Prosperity Volume 1 Part 1
Developer: LDC Studios
Publisher: Bon Ink Creations

Genre: Survival Horror
Players: 1-Player
Combat Style: Live Action
View Style: 3rd Person 'Faux 3D' - 3D Polygonal Sprites Displayed Over a Pre-Rendered Backdrop With Pre-Set Camera Angles.
Control Style: 4-Directional 2D Movement
Estimated Play Time:
~2+ hours per part
Number of Parts: 3 Parts for Story One

Price: Free
Platform: PC
Engine: RMXP
Estimated File Size: Less than 1 gigabyte
Part 1 Date: Oct 26 2012
Minimum Requirements:
Pentium 4 or Equivalent
2.8 GHZ Processor (Single Core)
1 Gigabyte of Ram
128 Bit Video Card

Story Synopsis
After being set up and left for dead, you awaken bleeding in a ditch  beneath the wreckage of your car. With no recollection of the preceding  events you stare deeply into the wilderness stretching before you. The  only thing between you and civilization is an ancient structure resting  in the heart of the woods. Navigate your way through this abysmal place  and into the black city of Prosperity, a city where god has no name and  the light has been long forgotten...

Characters

Name: Amber Ridge - Aurora Guinivere Price
Role: Lead
Voice Type: Average American accent (Soft)
Traits: (Attractive)(Strong)(Hot Tempered)
Personality: Kind at heart and soft spoken but not afraid to do a 180 and attack someone if they are out of line. Her blind willingness to place her trust in others often gets her into trouble.

Name: Miki Ridge (Amber's Sister) - Mary Morgan
Role: Support
Voice Type: Average American accent (Stern)
Traits: (Out Spoken)(Anxious)(Caring)
Personality: The more responsible of the two sisters, Miki is less prone to confrontation than Amber even if the other party is in the wrong. She tries to get along with everybody rather than force her beliefs on others.

Screenshots

Release Trailer

http://youtu.be/HvKwFNsOvek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVh64UiHuI&feature=plcp

Twitter
[twitter]@GraveProsperity[/twitter]

Credits
http://graveprosperity.weebly.com/credits.html
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:24:47 PM by LDC Studios »

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
So amazing 3D graphic,
Cool man!
[

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
This is amazing! ;8

The voice acting is really great, too!~
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK Junior
This looks amazing! I'm downloading and following this.  ;D

RMRK Junior
Thanks everybody! If you get a chance to play it, let me know how it was. I'm always interested in user feedback.

RMRK Junior
Thanks everybody! If you get a chance to play it, let me know how it was. I'm always interested in user feedback.

I got a chance to play for a few hours today and then I had to work. So far I really like the game. It's hard to believe this was made using the XP engine, I don't even feel like I'm playing an RPG Maker game. The 3D graphics are visually appealing to the eye, there is some very freaky atmosphere. The voice acting is surprisingly decent, if not better then some mainstream games. The puzzles are chalenging, but not absurdly chalenging like some survival horror games.  The fighting aspect was fairly simple buton smashing, but no complaints. The monsters are freaky.  I loved your finishing moves after you killed a monster, nice job. The main characters crazy legs when you walk someplace your not supposed to are unintentionally humorous to watch, but no disrespect. Walking takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad.

One thing that was kind of annoying at first was the menu. Maybe it's just me but pressing the ESC key does nothing, this a nuisance that took some getting used to but after a while it's no biggie, I'm just used to pressing ESC to bring up and close the menu. Also, it could just be me again but where is the option to shutdown the game? I had to press Alt Ctrl Delete and bring up my task manager to stop the game. Maybe I'm just be blind.

All in all I can tell you, or you guys put a lot of work into this project and it's a nice change of pace from the usual RPG Maker games out there. The fact that it's free makes it even better. Great job mate!   ;)

© 2012 chapman productions inc
Rep:
Level 55
=O
Do you use Poser for your models?

RMRK Junior
@mayhem4masses:
That is great to hear, we're very glad you enjoyed the game! As you mentioned about the menu, the controls are a bit different than most other XP games since the esc key is typically the menu button. We wanted to keep all the buttons for the keyboard relatively close to one another for ease of access during combat since the on-screen movement can sometimes be rather constricting while fighting. As for the shut down option, it is only available at the title screen, other than that you just have to hit the X on the window to close down the game. A quick way to the title screen if you're playing in full screen mode and don't have access to the X is by pressing the F12 key. That will automatically restart the game and put you at the title where you can shut down the game.

@chapmanproductions:
Poser is close enough, we're using Carrara. But yeah, basically the same idea.

RMRK Junior

Check out our new teaser trailer for Part 2 of Volume 1! Set to release January 2013!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVh64UiHuI&feature=plcp

RMRK Junior
Introduction

If  you haven't already heard, Grave Prosperity is a faux-3D  action-adventure horror game with exploration and puzzle elements. It  was design on the RMXP engine by enterbrain, developed by LDC Studios  and published by Bon Ink Creations.
Part 1 was released on Oct 26th 2012, and Part 2 is coming out this January 31 2013.
For more information on Part 1 check out our other news articles, or the release trailer in the above post.

Recent Popularity

Over  the past 3 weeks Grave Prosperity has seen an increase in viewers to  our official website, as well as 3 separate Youtube accounts create  video reviews of Part 1.

Free PC Gamers - Game Watch Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZa_et9jfyI

Game Carnage - Complete play through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3MkuEcQVzc

Adventures of Ummm - Jim Plays GP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1PrFunkNE

Part 1 has a combined 801 downloads as of this post between the 3 hosting sites, and a rank of 9/10 here on indie DB!
It's great to see such interest in the game, especially so near to the release of part 2!

Part 2

Part  2 will continue the story where the events in part 1 left off. Players  will continue to explore the asylum as Amber as they uncover the reason  for the roaming monstrosities that frequent the decaying area.
Players  should ensure that they keep their save files from Part 1, as that will  be necessary in order to continue on with Part 2.
Players can expect the release of Part 2 no later than 5pm EST Jan 31st.
Check out the Teaser Trailer for Part 2 in the above post!

Conclusion

If you have yet to check the game out then grab yourself a copy of Part 1! Because Part 2 is just around the corner!

Rep:
Level 82
I forgot all about this game in my absence. I'll be sure to check it out this weekend, when both parts are here.

So these are the first two parts of the first volume? How many of these are to be expected?
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Looks insane.=O
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

RMRK Junior
I forgot all about this game in my absence. I'll be sure to check it out this weekend, when both parts are here.

So these are the first two parts of the first volume? How many of these are to be expected?

Thank you for your interest, we appreciate all the fans and players we can get.

The first Volume will have 4 parts. Part 3 is already under development, and the entire Volume 1 story is completed and laid our for development.

Part 2 goes officially live in a few hours (upload times), but interested players should be able to watch the release trailer, and download the game now via indieDB.

Download:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/grave-prosperity/downloads

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LDCstudios

We will be making a more official post in a few hours with details regarding the new release, as well as a pack including both parts 1 and 2. But for the time being players can get started!