RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
inactive

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
this site seems much more inactive recently

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Most of the regulars here have school that probably contributes to everything feeling empty

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
We all grew up and got jobs and got boring, this is our most inactive year by a long shot. Pageviews actually haven't gone down at all though so blame yourselves for not posting :mad:

Edit: Also stop making threads about it B(

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Lest we forget about the SpamBots ;9
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I don't really have time to come here anymore, but I do stop by to check out topics every once in a while.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I chime in every once in a while, but usually only in the sewers.

So, not much has changed for me in the last 3 years.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
From SMF's own statistics and google analytics, there are many more guests nowadays. The search feature also sees a hell of a lot of usage.

Currently, search is open to guests. What do you guys think about only letting members search? We'd definitely see a lot more signups. Maybe some would stick around.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
From SMF's own statistics and google analytics, there are many more guests nowadays. The search feature also sees a hell of a lot of usage.

Currently, search is open to guests. What do you guys think about only letting members search? We'd definitely see a lot more signups. Maybe some would stick around.
Seems like a good idea

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
I assumed it already was disabled for guests, as per the status quo. I think you should give it a shot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Although RMRK has always been an RPG Maker-related message board, it wasn't always like that. The height of the forums' "activity" was at a time when the RM aspect of the community was least prevalent, actually. The general/miscellaneous forums were much more active a few years ago, and most community events had little, if anything, to do with RPG Maker or game creation at all. Nowadays, it seems as though the message boards' activity has certainly shifted back towards the RM boards, which in all honesty is a good thing, and explains why traffic has increased much more lately. And almost every community event in recent times that I can recall has been related to game creation in some form. This is a great thing, in my opinion; the life of the community doesn't rest so much in its regulars as it does in its RM users. After all, without the RPG Maker resources, we're just a meaningless kit.

As for my own activity, it has a lot to do with everything I just said, and how it pertains to me (or doesn't, rather). I don't use RPG Maker anymore. I occasionally pop it open when I'm feeling particularly inspired, but that doesn't last long, and I never really stick it out. Game creation is just a hobby I've had to put onto the back burner. As such, my only compulsion to return here are the friends I've met over the six and a half years I've been here, and even then, I see most of them in IRC anyway. And that brings me to my overarching point: If you're looking for activity, hang around the chat room. It's a truly separate entity from the message boards in that it has absolutely nothing to do with RPG Maker; we don't offer help or resources, and the only discussion about RPG Maker are the few people who happen to be using it at the time.

Whether or not you do, though, just remember that there's really nothing wrong with the site. Having been here for a majority of its lifetime, like most of the other regulars, we've seen activity rise and fall like an unpredictable tide. And nearly every active member who joined before me has already replied to this thread, so that in itself should be an indication not to fret over it.

And sorry this was so long.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Search is now restricted to members only. Should also relieve some headaches for me from a technical standpoint too.
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I don't really have time to come here anymore, but I do stop by to check out topics every once in a while.

And I miss you sorely :(

I have always been more of a lurker than a poster xD  And so I continue on~

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
My interest in making games myself has all but disappeared, but I'm still holding on to the hope that some of you guys will follow through with your game design ideas, because many of you are very talented ... and because I need work, and I feel like I'd work well with people I more or less already know.

So I guess that, inadvertently or not, sums up why I stick around this place; I know you guys.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm here everyday at some point but I only check the sewers or random topics that catch my eye.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm here all the time, I just don't post that much usually.
Also why are so many people making these types of threads. Like if you're that desperate for conversation why not make a normal conversation topic? I don't get it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:07:39 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I vote we delete the 'Forum Games' section, I know it's responsible for this somehow :mad:

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
I vote deleting forum games too.

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I'm here!!!

My mind has just been elsewhere, like school, trying to find a job and thinking of ways to ambush and kidnap Malson.
(I kinda have the hots for him, but don't tell him I said that ;o)

Such is life, though. ;9

Anyways...I'll try to be around a little bit more. :) I really start missing this place. ;9 ;9
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:50:54 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Ohmahgawd Malson is right.

Everything is so RPG Maker now.

What is this.

What.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I vote deleting forum games too.

what the fuck do you know
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
anski y u no irc ;o;

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
university blocks irc naturally, have to do it over phone/mibbit and just fuuuuck that

i'll be back later kids

Rep:
Level 97
>2012
>Living on campus.

Get a job you hippy

Rep:
Level 98
I have a job, my girlfriend and I are planning on getting an apt after this semester

how's living off of your parents do you still do that