RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mouse System Buttons update 1.5

Rep:
Level 83
Mouse System Buttons 1.5

Hello everybody, do you like press buttons? i do!

This is a button based mouse script, allow you create as many buttons you want to the game map screen or map ground, also provide you full  mouse interaction within the game play.

Version 1.5 change log
- Fixed sound over loading on selectable windows
- Fixed bug when selecting event graphic tileset that have mouse comment tag
- FIxed minor bug when transfering (event name now erase completely)
- Added option to turn on / off arrow selector on save file
- Important! changes on mouse comment tags!
~ CLICK START change to MOUSE START
~ ANIMATION change to MOUSE ANIMATION
~ NAME change to MOUSE NAME[/font][/color]

Features

- Allow you create buttons and easily configure them to do something
- Events can be buttons too, map ground buttons! for some puzzles etc.
- Allow you display event name
- Full mouse interaction
- WASD movement optional
- Intruducing a mouse selector, never seen before on a rpg maker game
- And the word everybody love, plug and play!

Mouse commands

- Left Click:      decision
- Right click:     cancel / back
- Mouse wheel: press mouse wheel button to run

Instruction
Copy and paste the script above Main, plug and play
configuration explained in the script

Credits
Falcao

Demo
get the latest version at my rgss site
http://falcaorgss.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/mouse-system-buttons-update-1-5/

Code
I recomend you to download demo to see how everything work, here i leave you the code just plug and play
http://pastebin.com/CuZGuNGD

Screens

Here the clickable screens buttons

Here a event button on the map ground

Here the new arrow selector usable in some scenes

Here the name display when mouse pointer is over the event

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:28:43 PM by Dark_falcao »

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
It looks nice, trying out the demo now.

Rep:
Level 83
well, if you found some bug let me know

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
Nice script! However, when I'm talking to the guy that toggles the mouse pointer, whenever I press the cancel button it always turns the mouse pointer on (even if the mouse pointer was initially off). Is there a workaround there?

Rep:
Level 83
Nice script! However, when I'm talking to the guy that toggles the mouse pointer, whenever I press the cancel button it always turns the mouse pointer on (even if the mouse pointer was initially off). Is there a workaround there?

I just check the script and everything is fine

I dont get you issue

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Seems to have an issue for me. While in the menu, it makes too much noise (updates too much). Save scene also I do not like being altered like that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:17:29 AM by Helladen »

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
I love this script a good deal, I'll probably be using it in my game for menu choices and to activate some quick events on the map. Great work, truly!~ But I'm having a minor problem, as it seems to be altering variables (Or is it just the first variable?). I'm using another script (Yanfly's) that alters the save menu to show variables, which is why I caught it right after downloading your script. I rely on variables in my game (As I'm sure many do) so I was just checking what the cause here is? As long as it is only the first variable, I can just adjust my game to fit your script. Thanks a bunch for your hard work, this is greatly appreciated! (Seriously, a computer game with no mouse functions? Absurd, RPG Maker, absurd)

While I'm here, I feel like answering a couple of questions that I found the answers to myself even if maybe they've been fixed already...

You might have figured this out already, but that's because it is currently set in the demo to hit option two if you hit cancel. Has nothing to do with the script~

Also, to the above post, if you don't like the arrow being in the save menu, go to lines 755-762 to remove them, but only them. (That said, this is altering the script, so there may very likely be an adverse effect I'm not aware of as I'm very very much a beginner in scripting. No problems for me so far, but I only just did this, so... fair warning? lol)
I am the Simple Mango.
Are you the Complicated Mango?
:3

Rep:
Level 83
@Simple Mango

Im glad you fix your stuff by yourself, i explain what every block do in the script  it is easy to find something you dont like and disable it

I hope you guys explote all the features this script offers

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMRK Junior
seams nice but the number selection arrows seams to make the numbers go up by 2 (like a double click) also would it be possible to get the movement done via mouse clicks

Rep:
Level 83
There is a new update for this script

See log of changes at the main post!

Rep:
Level 69
Is there a way to make this 640x480 compatibile? Also, it'd be nice to have the option to start the game with the selected switch with OFF instead of ON automaticly for cutscene purposes.

Also, suggestion; can you make it so that mouse handles different from regular touch, as in, I walk to guy and talk to them, it's different if I click them with a mouse?

This has incredible potential and I'm looking forward to seeing it grow!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:23:09 AM by Drbigt »

Rep:
Level 83
@drbigt I never tested this on 640 x 416 but you can still change manually the script resolution at the mouse module script, you will see a method defining 544 x 416 change that too your desire resolution, everything should work.

I didnt add option to change mouse icin in game becouse, you can use an animation over an event

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
can i have permission to use in a commercial game. since mouse script is very hard to find.

Rep:
Level 83
can i have permission to use in a commercial game. since mouse script is very hard to find.

You can find the terms of use inside the script

RMRK Junior
I have a problem during the battle scene: when passing the cursor over the options, they don't highlight correctly (they do if I pass the cursor above them, not on their site). I'm using Yanfly's Core Engine to change the resolution to 640x480, and I already changed the max resolution on this script. Also (but less important), the mouse selector doesn't display at the correct position. Sorry but I'm not that good with scripting  :-\

Thanks in advance! :)

Rep:
Level 83
I have a problem during the battle scene: when passing the cursor over the options, they don't highlight correctly (they do if I pass the cursor above them, not on their site). I'm using Yanfly's Core Engine to change the resolution to 640x480, and I already changed the max resolution on this script. Also (but less important), the mouse selector doesn't display at the correct position. Sorry but I'm not that good with scripting  :-\

Thanks in advance! :)

The script is designed to work with 544 X 416 resolution (default one) that may be the problem you are facing right now

RMRK Junior
Oh well, I guess there's no solution for that... Thank you.  ;9

But... It is possible to disable this system for certain scenes? I mean, "hide and disable" the mouse system when fighting. What lines should I edit? Sorry for the inconvenience.

RMRK Junior
Any help for me?  :-\

Rep:
Level 83
You have one command explained inside the script

Call this line to disable or enable  the script
Code: [Select]
Mouse.show_cursor(false)

Change the value to true when you need to enable it.

There is not 'Automatic disabling' do your part and make an effort to get what you need

RMRK Junior
Ooooh!!! Now I get it! Thank you very much for your answer and for this awesome script!  ;D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
This script is my life. :gracie:

It's very awesome~ thanks for writing it, falcao! ^-^
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]