RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Secret of ageing found: Japanese scientists pave way to everlasting life

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
http://www.rt.com/news/japan-scientists-stop-ageing-461/

A group of scientists from Osaka University have found that one of the components of the human complement system is directly responsible for ageing, Russia’s ITAR-TASS quotes Japanese media on Saturday. The C1q protein, the researchers say, is to blame for human cells getting old.   
Part of the immune system, the complement system helps or “complements” the body in clearing away germs. The C1q protein was earlier thought to be merely a building block in the system.
Having established the protein’s true role, however, the scientists claim they have also learnt to control it, almost completely blocking cells’ ageing process. The discovery, they claim, could easily become a key to everlasting life.

So what do you guys think? Would you go for something like this, or would you wait it out, do you even think our governments will allow this to go public?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
There's another group who believe oxygen makes us age, so I don't know friendly black fellow.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
It is doubtful this will get legalized due to religious groups interfering with scientific discovery as per usual. 

I would personally consider it possibly but I can't see it being a permanent solution for everlasting life.  I can imagine it would just prolong our life making it seem to be everlasting until our bodies eventually break down from extended use.  That in itself could possibly make for a painful death.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Anything to make lolis legal, eh Japan?

:V

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
There's another group who believe oxygen makes us age, so I don't know friendly black fellow.

I remember reading that, seems everyone has conflicting views, though apparently if they have managed to stall the aging process, while not blocking the immune system it could be an interesting step forward.

Also i'm white ;-;

It is doubtful this will get legalized due to religious groups interfering with scientific discovery as per usual. 

I would personally consider it possibly but I can't see it being a permanent solution for everlasting life.  I can imagine it would just prolong our life making it seem to be everlasting until our bodies eventually break down from extended use.  That in itself could possibly make for a painful death.

I would be skeptical too, but more for health issues, i don't like new drugs, i'm an asthmatic and was too worried about an injection that meant i didn't have to take my inhaler morning and night again for 10 years.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
 I think I'd rather age than have a manufactured version of AIDS.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
It's like really old people nowadays, they lost all their friends and some even lost their children already!
So give me the "Die and live on in peoples memories!"-option  :-\

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
bullshit. it will just fade into obscurity like tons of the other "breakthroughs".

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I want to die someday.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
bullshit. it will just fade into obscurity like tons of the other "breakthroughs".
I want to die someday.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I want to die someday.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts
Pretty much...I'm fairly positive that even if it didn't fade into obscurity, it will be too expensive for the masses anyway.

I just don't think it will lead to everlasting life, though.  We aren't meant to live forever so I'm positive there is a maximum life-span that even this finding will reach.

Anything to make lolis legal, eh Japan?

:V

lmao
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I want to die someday.

Eternal youth and immortality aren't the same thing. You're still perfectly capable of being hit by a bus, falling off a cliff, being lit on fire, ect.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
No.
She's referring to ectoplasm poisoning, a fairly common (albeit under-reported) cause of death.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I want to die someday.

Eternal youth and immortality aren't the same thing. You're still perfectly capable of being hit by a bus, falling off a cliff, being lit on fire, ect.

I want to die of natural causes someday.

Rep:
Level 97
Nothing more natural than boolet

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
there is also a problem what if that is also part of it when we try to alter that type of system maybe we die early... and also maybe there will be complication to our bodies when this is going to work... maybe we may even cause some more problems.. there a reason why people born and die everyday you know... i do believed that there another way to live forever than altering the immune system and also it dangerous... because what if that is also control the immune system...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:15:07 AM by jomarcenter »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I would personally consider it possibly but I can't see it being a permanent solution for everlasting life.
You phrase this as though morality is a problem. Death is detrimental to the advancement of society, at least in the way it's held together today.
Personally, I don't see the point of immortality. I see inevitable death as something to base our lives on; knowing that at one point I will die gives me motivation to accomplish something in the limited time I have. When you take the death out of life, you take the motivation out of life.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Let's not fool ourself if they discovery avoid your wife or husband or child to die before you, I think anyone will sign "yes".
Also, everyone fear death, it's easy to say to be a part of the cycle but man, i don't think everybody is going to smile when they die.
I can imagine it would just prolong our life making it seem to be everlasting until our bodies eventually break down from extended use.
I agree with you but not with the part where the body will break down because if you can stop to age when you're twenty or thrity, there is no reason that your body will fall appart by itself. This happen only when you work like a slave and eat like a poor with a meal every 5 days.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Let's not fool ourself if they discovery avoid your wife or husband or child to die before you, I think anyone will sign "yes".

You wouldn't be guaranteed that your wife, husband, or child would not die before you.  And I agree with Pacman, knowing this is the only life I have I tend to try and make the most of it.  Now if I had more money I could make a little more of it ;]  xD

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
my teacher before make this phrase "if there is no death, there is no life" means that if we bypass death we don't have life... because were leaving life if we became immortal forever...

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
also, overcrowding. too many people.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I would personally consider it possibly but I can't see it being a permanent solution for everlasting life.
You phrase this as though morality is a problem. Death is detrimental to the advancement of society, at least in the way it's held together today.
Personally, I don't see the point of immortality. I see inevitable death as something to base our lives on; knowing that at one point I will die gives me motivation to accomplish something in the limited time I have. When you take the death out of life, you take the motivation out of life.

How in the hell is that phrased as though its a morality problem?!  lmao  I literally mean it as I don't see it as a solution to everlasting life XD

This happen only when you work like a slave and eat like a poor with a meal every 5 days.

There are many factors that go into play in your body breaking down.  Muscles (and that includes organs) have a shelf-life and though you may stop people from aging or getting old, you have to remember that each of your organs run like a machine and the longer the machine runs, the weaker they become until they eventually quit.  It's not a matter of staying healthy or younger for longer but it might help give you a few more years (or maybe a hundred more for that matter)

I still just don't see this given to the masses, though.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Do you want this to be distributed to the masses?

I say it only be given to life sentenced prisoners.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Do you want this to be distributed to the masses?

I say it only be given to life sentenced prisoners.

I don't care if its distributed to the masses if it works.  I just don't see it being a cheap enough thing to do.  It would probably only go to rich people who want to live longer.