RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
DOZENS of Children Dead in Al-Houla Massacre [Video inside, NSFW/heartbreaking]

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
UN confirms 'massacre' of children in Houla

UN leads calls for urgent world action on Syria after confirming killing of 92 people, including 32 children.

Last Modified: 27 May 2012 08:12

UN leader Ban Ki-moon and UN-Arab League peace envoy Kofi Annan have condemned a massacre of more than 90 civilians in Syria as an "appalling and brutal" breach of international law.
Ban and Annan "condemn in the strongest possible terms the killing, confirmed by United Nations observers, of dozens of men, women and children" in Houla, UN spokesman Martin Nesirky said on Saturday.
"This appalling and brutal crime, involving indiscriminate and disproportionate use of force, is a flagrant violation of international law and of the commitments of the Syrian government to cease the use of heavy weapons in population centres and violence in all its forms," said the statement issued on behalf of the UN secretary-general and the Syria envoy.
"Those responsible for perpetrating this crime must be held to account," the statement said.
The UN mission said 92 bodies, 32 of them children aged less than 10, had been found in Houla after the artillery offensive on Friday.
Major General Robert Mood, the mission chief, earlier condemned the "brutal tragedy" after monitors visited the area while residents buried the victims in mass graves.

"Those using violence for their own agendas will create more instability, more unpredictability and may lead the country to civil war," Mood said to reporters in Damascus.
The statements came as the Free Syrian Army said it could no longer commit to the ceasefire brokered by Annan unless there was an immediate solution to regime violence.
"We announce that unless the UN Security Council takes urgent steps for the protection of civilians, Annan's plan is going to go to hell," a statement by the FSA said on Saturday.
The peace plan drawn up by Annan, which took effect on April 12, stipulated that UN observers be deployed in the country to monitor a ceasefire. But the violence and bloodshed have not stopped.

Continued shelling

Ban and Annan reaffirmed on Saturday that UN observers who went to Houla had "viewed the bodies of the dead and confirmed from an examination of ordnance that artillery and tank shells were fired at a residential neighborhood".
State news agency SANA blamed "armed terrorist groups" for the killings, adding that "clashes led to the killing of several terrorists and the martyrdom of several members of the special forces".
Amateur video posted online showed scores of dead bodies, including children, covered by blankets following the violence.
Activists from the region said government forces hammered Houla with mortars following a large anti-government protest on Friday.
After the bombardment, pro-government thugs, known as shabiha, raided the villages, killing men on the streets and stabbing women and children in their houses, activists said.
Houla has been the scene of frequent anti-government protests since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad began in March last year. The town has also become a hub for opposition fighters.
Activists told Al Jazeera that the town came under shelling again on Saturday.
Hadi al-Abdallah, speaking from Homs, said Houla was under the control of the FSA, which meant government troops could not enter the town. Instead, they were launching shells from a distance in a bid to defeat the rebels.

International action

Syrians turned out in several locations around the country on Saturday to protest against the killings.
In Kafr Nabel, in the northern province of Idlib, scores took to the streets to honour the dead, chanting: "We sacrifice our soul and life for you, oh people of Houla," according to a video posted on YouTube.
In a Damascus neighbourhood, women filmed hiding their faces were carrying papers that read: "The Syrian regime kills us under supervision of the UN observers" and "Banish the UN tourists".
The latest violence came as the UN's Ban on Friday blamed the government for much of the "unacceptable levels of violence and abuses" occurring every day in the 14-month-long crisis in Syria.
In a report to the UN Security Council, Ban cited the government's continued use of heavy weapons, reports of shelling and "a stepped-up security crackdown by the authorities that has led to massive violations of human rights by government forces and pro-government militias".

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jffUNQw8Fl8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jffUNQw8Fl8</a>

One of the few times I'll ever say military intervention is needed.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Pieces of shit. 
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
The amount of footage like this I've seen out of Syria is ridiculous. I think it's funny how the entire western world was ready to get behind Libyan rebels nearly as soon as the revolution started (a pretty unnecessary revolution, as the standard of living was really fucking great in Libya and they only suffered free speech rights) and nobody even thinks to help out the Syrians for as long as their civil war has been going on.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
This makes me disgusted, pissed, and depressed all at the same time. The ones responsible for murdering all those people need a slow and painful death route on their way to hell.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:13:23 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I didn't watch the video and I won't, I can't. Chances are the people who did this will never be brought to justice and just reading the article and seeing that image on the video made me physically ill. 

I hope there is military intervention, I hope things change in that country.

This makes me disgusted, pissed, and depressed all at the same time. The ones responsible for murdering all those people need a slow and painful death route on their way to hell.
* Jules nods

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I couldn't watch this video. I scrolled down so I could only see the subtitles, and it made me feel ill.

I don't even have words. What gives people the right to do this, and of all things, to innocent children? There is no justifiable reason for this. None.

If there is something worse than death, I hope it finds those people.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:34:22 AM by Queen Gracie »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
It's not like innocent children were specifically targeted. It's an unfortunate side effect with any war.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
It's not like innocent children were specifically targeted. It's an unfortunate side effect with any war.

They opened fire on a residential area. Fucking sick either way.

Rep:
Level 97
Vietnamese rebels put bombs on children and sent them into US camps.

US Sniper teams put guns on the side of the road and shot anyone (women and children included) who tried to pick them up.

This shit happens, it's not going to stop happening. No use getting worked up over it.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I pretty much agree with Sword, he's just much better at being an asshole than I am. It's depressing, and horrible, but I think that much is a given at this point.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Confirmed: Al-Houla killings were systematic executions

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/29/11933554-us-expels-syria-diplomat-after-un-finds-houla-victims-were-executed?lite

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
As if it weren't depressing enough already. I find it interesting enough to note that the concept of "first world problems" ends up taking a rather serious turn when this sort of thing happens.