RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Team-Built Effort

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
My Team Request: Attempt on Making a Team-Built Game

Originator [Not head dev., I'm open to be on either end of that department]: Revtattertot

Project Name: Echoes of a Genius Mind

Maker: RPG Maker VX

Ok, first off, I'm not abandoning anything, I'm just doing something to bide my time until I get feedback on Rendered Fate. To do that, I figured I'd give team development a go.

To start, I'll need a graphics designer/collector. Next, I'll need a scripter/eventer. Finally, someone to do the database processing. I'm not gonna say anything about a head developer, I think whoever wants to be head dev will be head dev, so I don't really care atm. For mapping and storyline writing, I can do that.

If anyone wants to help, go right ahead and sign up. The form needed is down below.

Spots Available:
 - Graphics Management
 - Scripter
 - Eventer
 - Database Manager [2]
 - Mapper [2]
 - Storywriter

Form:

Forum Name:
     Position:
     Teamwork Capabilites: (When you do the form, delete this part and rate your co-op skill from 1 to 10.)
     Working Time: (Erase this and put the hours you can help.)
     Frequency: (Erase this and put from 1 to 7 the days you are on/week.)

Cheers,
Revtattertot.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:21:11 PM by Revtattertot »
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Forum Name: D&P3
Position: Eventer
Teamwork Capabilites: 5
Working Time: 3
Frequency: 3

I won't be a full time team player, but I'm basically offering to help with eventing that you are unable to do yourself.
Otherwise I have got things to keep me busy. :zwink:
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Too bad you already have a mapper.
If not, I could've helped out  ::)
Good luck, though.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:23:59 AM by Kwang »
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 57
Forum Name: D&P3
Position: Eventer
Teamwork Capabilites: 5
Working Time: 3
Frequency: 3

I won't be a full time team player, but I'm basically offering to help with eventing that you are unable to do yourself.
Otherwise I have got things to keep me busy. :zwink:

Thank you. When things start getting to where they are at least constant development I'll let you know what event systems I'll need. Once Rendered Fate is done [which I still don't know if Stage 1 is set in stone or not, once feedback comes in I'll have a starting point to work.], I'll switch gears to this project. What's gonna be tricky is juggling both of these, but I'll give it my best shot.

Too bad you already have a mapper.
If not, I could've helped out  ::)
Good luck, though.  ;)

Thanks for the offer, Kwang. Believe it or not, I kinda wanted to do the mapping myself so that I can get a clear image what the setting of the project is [although I'm pretty damn sure you're probably 10x better than me in that department.] If need be, I'll open a second mapping slot.
Link to my game is here.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Thanks for the offer, Kwang. Believe it or not, I kinda wanted to do the mapping myself so that I can get a clear image what the setting of the project is [although I'm pretty damn sure you're probably 10x better than me in that department.] If need be, I'll open a second mapping slot.
You definitely should, Mr. Ice works wonders in the mapping department.
:tpg:

All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 57
He definitely does. He'll be the second mapper. Now all I need is a graphics manager, scripter, and database manager, and we're good to go.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 82
Sounds like it could be fun, and gives me something to do productively with my time. I am currently working through my own game ideas, too, so I can't commit all of my time to this but since I've decided to do some real planning for my project it won't be in development for a good while. This will help to break up the work.

Forum Name: Logan
Position: Scripter *see below
Teamwork Capabilities: 8
Working Time: Varies, but I'll always aim to put at least an hour a day, more on weekends
Frequency: Everyday

Few things to add.

I'm actually a pretty cooperative person, even if I do end up coming across a little blunt and direct. The reason that I put 8 is that I'd expect any advice or suggestions I give to be taken on board, especially if it relates to areas that I'm working on such as scripts. As long as that's all right with you, I'll be easy enough to get along with.

In terms of what I can script, I'd say I can probably achieve anything given time. Where I may struggle, I'll do some research and reading to figure out what to do. Just keep in mind that depending on what you want doing will determine how long it might take. It may end up requiring an additional scripter or two for small things if I am to be doing some rather big scripts myself. This is something I'd let you know in advance when we come to discussing what scripts are needed/wanted.

I'm more than willing to assist in other areas where I can, particularly in some of the database elements. The one thing I do enjoy is maths, even if I'm not that great at it, so when it comes to issues like game balancing or trying to do some funky mathy stuff, I'm quite at home there. I'm not a graphical person, though, so I won't be able to help much there I'm afraid. So if I was to do some database things, it would mostly be in relation to scripts and actor/battle mechanics/balancing rather than creating battle animations or other more aesthetic things like graphic/sound resource collecting.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 57
Sounds like it could be fun, and gives me something to do productively with my time. I am currently working through my own game ideas, too, so I can't commit all of my time to this but since I've decided to do some real planning for my project it won't be in development for a good while. This will help to break up the work.

Forum Name: Logan
Position: Scripter *see below
Teamwork Capabilities: 8
Working Time: Varies, but I'll always aim to put at least an hour a day, more on weekends
Frequency: Everyday

Few things to add.

I'm actually a pretty cooperative person, even if I do end up coming across a little blunt and direct. The reason that I put 8 is that I'd expect any advice or suggestions I give to be taken on board, especially if it relates to areas that I'm working on such as scripts. As long as that's all right with you, I'll be easy enough to get along with.

In terms of what I can script, I'd say I can probably achieve anything given time. Where I may struggle, I'll do some research and reading to figure out what to do. Just keep in mind that depending on what you want doing will determine how long it might take. It may end up requiring an additional scripter or two for small things if I am to be doing some rather big scripts myself. This is something I'd let you know in advance when we come to discussing what scripts are needed/wanted.

I'm more than willing to assist in other areas where I can, particularly in some of the database elements. The one thing I do enjoy is maths, even if I'm not that great at it, so when it comes to issues like game balancing or trying to do some funky mathy stuff, I'm quite at home there. I'm not a graphical person, though, so I won't be able to help much there I'm afraid. So if I was to do some database things, it would mostly be in relation to scripts and actor/battle mechanics/balancing rather than creating battle animations or other more aesthetic things like graphic/sound resource collecting.

Sounds like we have a scripter AND a database manager in one. That gives us 2 mappers, an eventer, a scripter/database manager, and a storywriter. We also have a head dev, so Logan, lead on [Yeah, I know it sounds cheesy and nerdy but IDGAF!]. Now all we need is a graphics manager and we'll be good to go.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 57
I apologize for the double post, but this one's for a rough draft of the story of the project. Keep in mind it's kind of based off of realism so no magic, fantasy, or space age stories.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be a Genius? have you ever wondered how some people can do things without any effort at all that others simply cannot imagine. That's what it's like for people like Rachel Katsumoto, the world's youngest Ph.D owner in physics. Despite that, she still goes to a regular high school to get education in something she has always wanted to do since childhood: sports. While incredibly meek, Rachel will not stop until she gets her way in school, even though certain organizations are vying to use the gift of her Genius to reshape the world in their way.

Take on the role of this girl, and discover the power of Genius, and its many forms.

[WARNING: LONG DRAWN-OUT POST AHEAD!]

I'm having this story take play on our present-day world, in a small town in the midwest US. The story starts off with Rachel, a 17 year old junior in high school, going to her classes in a typical high school day. She sees a notice for tryouts for football, a sport she always wanted to play from the get-go. However, in this school, only guys are allowed to play football, so Rachel has to use her Genius to convince them to let her tryout and play on the team. Her only problem is, her Genius is only with math and physics, so writing and persuasion are out of her reach. She meets up with Caleb, a social empath, who befriends her almost instantly. Rachel asks him if he can write the letter to the football coach, and seeing how Caleb's Genius comes into play, he does so with an almost artistic brilliance.

Rachel is allowed into the tryouts and puts her Genius into play by precisely targeting exactly what she wants to do within split seconds, a feat almost none can do in this age. The coach notices how she can use such a small mass to do more than some pro players on the team, like move the dummy an incredible distance [the dummy weighs about as much as a typical football player], artfully block offensive linemen during practice, and get the bulls-eye on all her throws. He nicknames Rachel "The Gift", signifying her well-rounded capabilities. After 2 hours of practice, she meets up with Michael, someone who is almost perfectly peaceful after getting berated by the members of the team. He tells Rachel about how her Genius may be attracting some unwanted attention, and that she should probably hold some of it back around "men an black coats who want her mind".

Shortly after, these men show up, revealing a notice that Rachel has been inducted into the CIA for the use of mathematically defending the computer bases. Rachel refuses, and starts an almost man-hunt as she tries to outrun these agents in order to get to the top of the chain and get her life back. Caleb happens to trip along, and Michael, who is worried about Rachel but doesn't show it, follows suit. The 3 meet a perfectly well-rounded individual, who is obviously showing the "master mind" Genius, a 15 year old kid named Walter. He tags along, knowing full well what it means to him should he get caught by the agents.

The rest is to come. It hasn't been written out quite yet, but it'll get there.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:06:36 PM by Revtattertot »
Link to my game is here.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
The way you say Genius makes me think that it is not related to her brain capacity :o

Rep:
Level 82
I apologize for the double post, but this one's for a rough draft of the story of the project. Keep in mind it's kind of based off of realism so no magic, fantasy, or space age stories.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to have a Genius? have you ever wondered how some people can do things without any effort at all that others simply cannot imagine. That's what it's like for people like Rachel Katsumoto, the world's youngest Ph.D owner in physics. Despite that, she still goes to a regular high school to get education in something she has always wanted to do since childhood: sports. While incredibly meek, Rachel will not stop until she gets her way in school, even though certain organizations are vying to use the gift of her Genius to reshape the world in their way.

Take on the role of this girl, and discover the power of Genius, and its many forms.

I'm not entirely sure where you want to go with this. Do you have an idea where it's going, or is that something still in development? The one thing I'd advise is getting the main story plot elements finalised before we really start on the actual development.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 57
The way you say Genius makes me think that it is not related to her brain capacity :o

It actually is, but the game revolves around that central focus, how a little girl is smart enough to put her mind to anything she wants, and achieve her dreams. To emphasize this, since there will be characters with different types of geniuses, like social empathy [the mental ability to make others feel like you do or understand exactly how they feel], Zen [the mental ability to supress emotions and feelings to create a far more stable mind], Algebraic Intel [basically saying math is easy for this person, no matter how complicated it actually is (Rachel has this genius)], and even a master mind [all types of geniuses and intel cobbled into one genius], the word Genius is capitalized.

I'm not entirely sure where you want to go with this. Do you have an idea where it's going, or is that something still in development? The one thing I'd advise is getting the main story plot elements finalised before we really start on the actual development.

I'm writing the story sort of page by page, but what I have up there is a part of the exposition of it. Hence me saying rough draft, there's a lot more I have to write into this, like how the other characters blend into the storyline, maybe a main antagonist [although there are stories where they don't explicitly say exactly what it is]. However, like I do in many of my posts, I'll modify that story post until the rough idea of the full story takes fruit.

[EDIT]

I added a rough outline of the story in the story post.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:41:36 PM by Revtattertot »
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
I have to agree with that; the way you say it makes it sound like a genius is something that you possess.

Possess as in, an item. It just doesn't sound like you mean to say that she is smart, but possesses something which makes her smart, am I right?
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Rep:
Level 57
I have to agree with that; the way you say it makes it sound like a genius is something that you possess.

Possess as in, an item. It just doesn't sound like you mean to say that she is smart, but possesses something which makes her smart, am I right?
She's smart naturally, and she's phenomenal in any mathematic field naturally, but there are other types of geniuses as mentioned in an earlier post, and to talk about it in one general term, I capitalize it. I'm not trying to say she's in posession of anything that's a brain enhancer, but rather that key feature of everyone's mind. Rachel's genius is in mathematics, and there are others who have a genius in emotional suppression, sociopathy & empathy, physical knowledge, and even a mix of these.

If I have to, I'll underscore and bold it, if it's confusing people.

Link to my game is here.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I find it confusing because of how you word it.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to have a Genius?
'Have a Genius' makes it sound possessive.

If you're saying that she is smart, this is how you would do it.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a Genius? have you ever wondered how some people can do things without any effort at all, that others simply cannot imagine. That's what it's like for people like Rachel Katsumoto, the world's youngest Ph.D owner in physics. Despite that, she still goes to a regular high school to get education in something she has always wanted to do since childhood: sports. While incredibly meek, Rachel will not stop until she gets her way in school, even though certain organizations are vying to use the gift of her intelligence to reshape the world in their way.

Take on the role of this girl, and discover the power of a Genius, and its many forms.

Rep:
Level 57
I find it confusing because of how you word it.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to have a Genius?
'Have a Genius' makes it sound possessive.

If you're saying that she is smart, this is how you would do it.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a Genius? have you ever wondered how some people can do things without any effort at all, that others simply cannot imagine. That's what it's like for people like Rachel Katsumoto, the world's youngest Ph.D owner in physics. Despite that, she still goes to a regular high school to get education in something she has always wanted to do since childhood: sports. While incredibly meek, Rachel will not stop until she gets her way in school, even though certain organizations are vying to use the gift of her intelligence to reshape the world in their way.

Take on the role of this girl, and discover the power of a Genius, and its many forms.

Ah, thanks for that. Modifying now.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 66
Intelligence is overrated.
Forum Name: The_Mormegil
Position: Database manager
Teamwork Capabilites: Untested. Probably average.
Working Time: 2/3
Frequency: 4

Rep:
Level 57
If anyone knows someone good at graphics, lemme know. That's all we need atm. Other than that, things can get started.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
Forum Name: evildrspock
Position: Graphics Manager
Teamwork Capabilites: excellent - I'm a level headed people person, very calm and collected.
Working Time: 2-5 (week? might be much more with enthusiasm)
Frequency: 4

So I have posted here on this website primarily as a composer (in the "Auditorium") and looking at random threads on scripts for some projects I'm working on ... but corporate espionage with brain geniuses sounds interesting.  I am a talented user of photoshop, wield a Wacom tablet and do all sorts of editing.  I went to Art School for Animation for 3 years focusing on hand-drawn animation.

Hmm, I have let my art be dead lately, and a fun project would be a great way to bring myself back into the visual arts again.  My style leans towards anime, it can be more or less realistic.  Here's some examples:

RPG Maker Work: (quick fun lighting effects)
A planet for a sci-fi story of mine:
Spoiler for:

Example of style: fan work
Spoiler for:

More realistic: self Portrait
Spoiler for:

Artistically I tend to be pretty quick.  My style tends to be sketchy and loose, it can be a more tighter and finished style too.  It can lean towards anime, stylized, or realistic.  I like getting painterly with my tablet, and sometimes prefer a simple cel shaded look.  I love figure drawing and characters, but can do landscapes and really anything all the same.  Like I said, I know my way around Adobe Photoshop, and consider myself trained to a professional level.  I have no examples of pixel art, but know I can (it would be a fun new challenge to undertake).  I can animate well, though I tend to be a perfectionist and it takes me forever.
My Soundcloud:

RMRK Forum - Musical "Works in Progress"
I'm a Musician (Sonar X1, Piano, Guitar, game music inspired), and a visual artist/animator (Adobe Photoshop/After FX).
My musical inspirations include Sigur Ros, Pat Metheny, Andy McKee, Tool, Yokko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc, to name a variety.
My favorite RPG series is Breath of Fire.
I love RPG's, & enjoy dabbling with RPG Maker, & am considering projects to start someday.

Rep:
Level 66
Intelligence is overrated.
Seems like we can get started, then?

Rep:
Level 57
I'll set the thread up ASAP.
Link to my game is here.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Example of style: fan work
Spoiler for:

I love this :gracie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]