RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]Ender's Amethyst: Armored Eternity [GIAW 9 Previously "The Wanderer"]

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Details:
A game made in RPG Maker VX Ace previously known as "The Wanderer," originally made for the Game in a Week 9 contest.

Story:
Beaten and left for dead, the wanderer wakes up to find his family slaughtered, their bodies strewn about.  One of his children appears to be missing.  He can't find her body anywhere.  Arming himself with a couple pistols, he sets off to find the man responsible for his family.  He follows the steps leading away from their home toward the desert.  The footsteps lead him further and further north, almost in a perfect line until finally, he loses sight of the footsteps thanks to the constant wind that sweeps across the desert, blowing sand all about. 

For a time, the wanderer was able to stop for supplies at small settlements that he found scattered about the desert but it has been countless days since his last stop and he is growing tired and dehydrated.  This is where our story begins.

Characters:
Mikael

Description: He is the main protagonist for the game.  He is a father searching for the man who
killed his family and kidnapped his remaining daughter.

Screenshots:
(More to come soon)

Version 0.2b (Demo Version) Change Log:
Spoiler for:
  • Added some lanterns and candles to each location in preparation for night-time scenes in a future version. (non-important, really.)
  • Fixed a game-breaking bug that involved talking to a soldier to proceed to the Baron's Keep and instead of getting teleported to the proper spot, you are teleported outside of the passable area and are unable to move anywhere.
Version 0.2 (Demo Version) Change Log:
Spoiler for:

• Updated some maps to add some more details and made some maps smaller.
  • Made important information stand out more.
  • Fixed some shadows within the Mountain Pass north of Loridale.
  • Updated the title screen (Still a work in progress)
  • Fixed some issues where characters turned toward the character when it was unintended.
  • Expanded some dialog to add clarity and removed some dialog in favor of other things.

Credits/License Information
Story:
Steven Wallace (Lethrface)

Art:
Steven Wallace
Enterbrain

Scripts:
Victor Sant - http://victorscripts.wordpress.com/
Yanfly - http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/
Khas Arcthunder - http://arcthunder.site40.net
Steven Wallace - http://spriteresources.blogspot.com
Moghunter777 - http://atelier-rgss.com/

Ender's Amethyst: Armored Eternity by Steven Wallace is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://spriteresources.blogspot.com/.

Download:
Primary Download Link (Hosted by RMN.  This is the project's official page.)
Mirror 1 Download (Hosted by Dropbox)
Requires RPG Maker VX Ace RTP.  Download it here.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:33:48 AM by Darkwing Duck »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
*downloads to play first thing in the morning* :3

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
:)
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
When I was playing this I thought it was an end of the world thing, makes me want to make a post apoc rpg XD

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
When I was playing this I thought it was an end of the world thing, makes me want to make a post apoc rpg XD

lol I've tried to make a post apocalypse rpg before...never could get the drive to keep going with it.

Rep:
Level 82
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
:)  If anyone finds any bugs, feel free to post it here and I'll work on knocking them out. 

Still working on the game so a much larger demo can be expected eventually.

Rep:
Level 60
:)  If anyone finds any bugs, feel free to post it here and I'll work on knocking them out. 

Just finished playing the demo and really liked it. You've got the workings of something really enjoyable here.

Didn't find any bugs, but there are a lot of "paper cuts" to the overall experience. Things like grammar and spelling errors, some of the "victory aftermath" sayings not making sense ("We won!" when there's only one party member) or breaking the fourth wall (like the Wanderer saying "Yes! Level up!")... just little things like that, really. Oh, and rats being tougher than bandits. :P

Could always go hunting for bugs, though....

EDIT: Just remembered a couple more things that seemed "off," but that still aren't bugs. The title screen just doesn't seem to fit the tone of the game, so at first, we were expecting to play something lighter than what was presented (which was a welcome surprise, really). Also, on the Data menu, there's the heading "Total Gold: 580$", and light chuckling commences. :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:39:41 PM by Kevin O »

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Just finished playing the demo and really liked it. You've got the workings of something really enjoyable here.

Didn't find any bugs, but there are a lot of "paper cuts" to the overall experience. Things like grammar and spelling errors, some of the "victory aftermath" sayings not making sense ("We won!" when there's only one party member) or breaking the fourth wall (like the Wanderer saying "Yes! Level up!")... just little things like that, really. Oh, and rats being tougher than bandits. :P

Could always go hunting for bugs, though....

EDIT: Just remembered a couple more things that seemed "off," but that still aren't bugs. The title screen just doesn't seem to fit the tone of the game, so at first, we were expecting to play something lighter than what was presented (which was a welcome surprise, really). Also, on the Data menu, there's the heading "Total Gold: 580$", and light chuckling commences. :P

lol I'll keep that in mind.  I really can't come up with a good explanation as to why the rats are tougher than the bandits but I may change their name to "mutated rats" just to give it a slight excuse :P  Were the spelling issues and grammar within the post-battle quotes mostly?  I'll admit that I probably haven't done a full spell check on everything so I'm not 100% positive on that through most of the game as I pretty much just eyed it all to see if I could spot any while I was coloring all of the "important details."  If it is within the post battle stuff, that will be easily fixed because when I do more work on the battle system (going to change it to a side-view as soon as I get some assets put together) I'm going to go through and change all of those default quotes to something more fitting of each character and hopefully fix that 4th wall issue.

I'll work on that title screen a bit more while I'm at it.  It was a mildly fast photoshop done to get the basic function of the menu put together (I can't tell you how annoying it was trying to get the rotating portions to work how I wanted them to due to my lack of proper knowledge of RGSS). 

I'll get to work on all of those suggestions soon as I plan on releasing a longer demo that wont end at such a big "wtf" turning point for the character development as some people had some problems liking the main character due to his immediate personality but I'm hoping to make him more likable with the next few events that occur that wont necessarily make him change but will at least give some insight into his character and maybe open him up more.  I'm also planning on going into some detail as to why Shadow is the way she is.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Rep:
Level 60
lol I'll keep that in mind.  I really can't come up with a good explanation as to why the rats are tougher than the bandits but I may change their name to "mutated rats" just to give it a slight excuse :P
Or you could change the bandits to Panty Raiders. ;) (Mutated rats work well enough, though.)

Were the spelling issues and grammar within the post-battle quotes mostly?
Unfortunately, no, most of them were in events and such. Headaches ensue. :-\

I'll work on that title screen a bit more while I'm at it.  It was a mildly fast photoshop done to get the basic function of the menu put together (I can't tell you how annoying it was trying to get the rotating portions to work how I wanted them to due to my lack of proper knowledge of RGSS).
Whenever you get the time to. The title screen isn't bad, it just doesn't seem to fit the tone. The effects on it and such were nice and eye-catching, but going from this kind of bright, lush title to a desert wasteland was a bit interesting. :P

Thanks for the feedback :)
No problem, it was an enjoyable game to play. Everything mentioned was just tiny imperfections, really. And as for the main character, I loved playing as an anti-hero (though I'll admit that Shadow's character seemed a bit off, but I already read your brief explanation of her character which makes it all snap into place).

Good luck, this would be a great one to see finished. :)

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Were the spelling issues and grammar within the post-battle quotes mostly?
Unfortunately, no, most of them were in events and such. Headaches ensue. :-\

Nooooo! Okay lol.  I'll get to scouting out the issues soon. 

I also updated it some after spotting a bug that is potentially game-breaking (due to shifting a map around and not properly updating a single event to reflect that change).  The new download link is here but if anyone chooses to just work around this, it is best to not talk to the guard on the right at the entrance to the Baron's Castle to gain access to it or you will end up in a portion of the map that has no passability lol

It also includes some lighting for preparation of a future night-scene, partially because I started adding that and testing it just before spotting the bug lol.  The lighting is fairly useless as of right now and all of the lanterns and candles are lit even during the daytime (magical candles that never melt?) but they are all fixed now...just don't feel the need to re-upload it just to fix something so minor.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65853207/EA-AEv0.2b.zip

Also just waiting on approval for the download at RMN so the official game page is there and will be my primary link as soon as it is approved.
http://rpgmaker.net/games/3990/

On another note, if you find any Grammatical errors, could you take note and shoot me a PM with each one you find with as much detail as possible?  It would make the process of correcting them much easier. :)  I am going to keep looking but for now, I'm going to try to move forward with the story and whatnot :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 01:03:44 AM by Steven W »

Rep:
Level 60
On another note, if you find any Grammatical errors, could you take note and shoot me a PM with each one you find with as much detail as possible?  It would make the process of correcting them much easier. :)  I am going to keep looking but for now, I'm going to try to move forward with the story and whatnot :)

Sure, no problem. I'll go through them as soon as I get the chance, but that might be a while (we won't be terribly active here until later in the week).

Oh, the version we have is 0.2. Are there any updates to that?

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Sure, no problem. I'll go through them as soon as I get the chance, but that might be a while (we won't be terribly active here until later in the week).

Oh, the version we have is 0.2. Are there any updates to that?

0.2b is up.  It corrects an issue that you were lucky enough to bypass but was a fairly big bug that came when I modified the Baron's Castle.  Other bugs may or may not have popped up but probably not too.  There was some lighting added to it for a later night-scene but it's not visible at the point in the game that the demo covers.  Really not much has changed in the demo outside of that stuff except the project file includes some WIP maps if opened in the editor  and the world map received a slight remodel lol. 

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Update: added a character's section with a WIP animated battler sprite.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
New Screenshot added.  The mirror puzzle.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
New Screenshot added.  The mirror puzzle.

Holy shiz bro.
Thats awesome  :o
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Thanks :)  Still working on it a little bit here and there but the puzzle itself is functioning better than I imagined it would :D