RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Animated GIF Avatars?

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
I dunno if they're purposely not allowed or if its just an SMF issue, but everytime I try to change my avatar to a GIF, it gets converted to a PNG. Even if I specify my own URL. Are gifs not allowed?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
It's probably because it's a pony. But .gifs are allowed.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Does it have to resize at all? Mine was originally too big and auto-resized when taken straight from my computer. Then, it didn't move at all. ;9

However, when I shrunk the .gif to the RMRK size manually (rather then let it auto-resize), it seemed to work just fine. :o

At least I think that's what I did...
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
If you're just trying to use the same gif that's in your sig, it's one pixel too wide. It auto-resizes like yuyu said, and converts it to png.
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
It's probably because it's a pony.

That too ;)

If you're just trying to use the same gif that's in your sig, it's one pixel too wide. It auto-resizes like yuyu said, and converts it to png.

I found out the Gaston way :mad:
I blame Gaston :mad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
Also for reference, max avatar size is 105x150

I found out the Gaston way :mad:
I blame Gaston :mad:

Gaston is a jerk :mad:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
stop being a brony.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
FINE. I'LL BE A MOOGLE INSTEAD.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
He's joking, you're allowed whatever avatar you want. If Bio was able to get away with having unicorn penis in his, you're certainly allowed to have MLP stuff (*coughevenifitmakesyoulooklikea6yearoldgirlcough*). The only reason why the GIF didn't work was because of RMRK's auto-size feature setting it to be a PNG instead. The right size won't trigger it, thus won't convert it.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
I know everyone's just giving me shit. I honestly could care less. All I can do as a brony is love and tolerate the hell out of everybody else.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Tolerating isn't a good thing.

Its like saying that you don't like someone but you tolerate them anyway.

Also you can love everyone without being a brony.

Jus sayin.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Also you can love everyone without being a brony.

Like yuyu.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
What? Tolerance is a good thing.
It's the courage to say "Hey, I don't approve of your lifestyle, but I'm not going to haze you over it."
I wish we had more people like that in the world. I mean, it'd be great if everyone 100% approved of everything, but tolerance isn't a bad step.

That being said, I don't like My Little Pony, but I don't care if you like it. Just, keep it a little more on the dl, please? It's a little annoying.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
It's the courage to say "Hey, I don't approve of your lifestyle, but I'm not going to haze you over it."
I wish we had more people like that in the world. I mean, it'd be great if everyone 100% approved of everything, but tolerance isn't a bad step.

That being said, I don't like My Little Pony, but I don't care if you like it. Just, keep it a little more on the dl, please? It's a little annoying.

How have I not been keeping it on the down low? I changed my avatar to a pony, its not like I was shoving it in anyone's face. It was other members who brought up my bronyship status.

And the whole tolerance thing, its better then hating or trolling.

Rep:
Level 97
Tolerating isn't a good thing.

Its like saying that you don't like someone but you tolerate them anyway.

That's ridiculous.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

How have I not been keeping it on the down low? I changed my avatar to a pony, its not like I was shoving it in anyone's face. It was other members who brought up my bronyship status.

Oh, my bad. I got you confused with the other brony. We're cool.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
My mum always told me that tolerating is simply putting up with something that is negative. Accepting is actually acknowledging that someone has problems or faults, and loving them anyway. Tolerating is putting up with behaviour simply to be poilte, rather than because you like them or give a shit about them. Thats always how I saw it, anyway. Sorry you misunderstood me, you jackasses :V

Just kidding but yeah. We don't hate you, we just think ponies and bronies are stupid.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I tolerate you grace :V

Spoiler for:
sorry, that's a mean joke I don't mean it D:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I tolerate you grace :V

Spoiler for:
sorry, that's a mean joke I don't mean it D:

your words cut like glass D:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

It's not specifically you, there's some other MLP fan on the forums that has been posting .gifs whenever they get the chance, and it's getting pretty annoying.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Ah, well I'm sorry. I'll try not to expose it too often. >.<

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off