RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX][Request] X% Skill Fail.

Rep:
Level 81
Hi there. :)
So I have a pretty specific idea for a skill for the bard in my game that needs to be scripted.
To those of you who have played Final Fantasy 4, I am looking for something similar to Rosa's Pray ability.

What I want is a script that gives a skill a 50% chance of failing. I know that you can make the hit ratio 50% but that doesn't really have the effect that I want. Like in FF4, Rosa's prayer has a 50% of being answered and a 50% of not being answered. So if the skill fails then a message would pop up saying "[skill name] could not be performed"(or something like that) and it would affect no one and if it was successful then it would work like a normal skill.

I hope that makes sense! I can't imagine it would be an overly hard script to make but seeing as I have no scripting knowledge I can't do it. xP
Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Rep:
Level 81
Bump perhaps?
I can do that, right?
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Hello there, Ecut,

as I am currently posting a problem of my own, perhaps I can throw in some ideas (though I cannot write scripts either).

Is it an idea to make a skill call upon a common event? You can then go to the common event, and make a random variable  between 1 and 2 (which will mean 50/50 in-game), followed by a conditional branch , stating that if variable 1 = [no effect, create message window, etc] and if variable = 2 use skill ID name.

But perhaps I am babbling nonsense... good luck to you, in any case!
My project:

Rep:
Level 81
Gosh, why didn't I think of that?! I always forget about common events!
Thanks so much, I'll try it. :)
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":