RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cosplay, anyone?

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Hey! Anyone go to Anime conventions, or are a general fan of anime?
For the people who do go... are you a cosplayer? This is a thread to talk about anime (duh) and how extreme (or the lack thereof) you are!  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I go to conventions... just don't dress up, never have the time, focus, or desire to do so

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Only went to one convention so far and did wear some simple stuff (at least in comparison to some other people). Too expensive though to go to anything outside of Pittsburgh, since I live here and would have to pay for hotel stuff in other places.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I've made costumes, but I haven't gotten a chance to go to a convention yet. I'm planning on going to Comicon either this year or next. I used to watch quite a bit of anime, but I haven't in the past few years.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato

Here's my >:D costume. I think I got the eyes wrong because they take up half the face in the anime.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Never dressed, and I only went to one such event; it was BlizzCon in... Anaheim? Anyway, one of the ladies there was dressed as Sarah Kerrigan in her Ghost days, and I stood by Sylvanus Windrunner at a demo booth. Hawt.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I kind of glanced over that post and it looked like you said you went as sarah kerrigan
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
This is my master chief costume from two years ago :V

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I was forced to tag along with some of my friends to Animania. Really just sat back and played in the arcade most of the time; not exactly my type of thing.

I do want to dress up as Mask*DeMasque though; dunno why.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Cosplayin's for queers.

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Cosplayin's for queers.

Oh, come now. That's a bit offensive... And not exactly true. It's a hobby. Everyone has hobbies. That's like saying A girl is a butch cause she likes football.

Back to the post.

I've been to two conventions, Otakon and Anime USA. I didn't cosplay at AUSA, but I did at Otakon. I just whipped up a bit of a costume and went. It wasn't the best, but it was fun nonetheless!

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
More like it is one hundred percent true!!!!

Everyone's got hobbies but not all of em are ones you want people to know about. Like if my parents found out I wore anime outfits????????????????????????????? shhiiieeeettt

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Well parents are as diverse as their children. A lot of parents wouldn't mind at all. Mine didn't. Hell... My step-mom actually helped slightly. It's not one hundred percent true either. You would only not go around telling people if you were ashamed of it. And if it's something you enjoy doing, you shouldn't be ashamed of it at all. Well... okay... SOME things are better off not telling. But this isn't one of them. If you don't agree you could at least respect other's opinions :/ If you don't want to, that's fine. But please don't go flaming other people for it.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I wouldn't let my child go out dressed up like some chinese cartoon character. They might think I was being unfair but it would be in their best interest. Well, it would be in my best interest too. It would just be really embarrassing, especially in a smaller community like mine.

Anime is for jerks anyways. It's all poorly written, poorly animated junk.

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
First off, it's not Chinese, it's Japanese. And just because something embarrassed you, you would take the enjoyment away from someone else? That's a bit selfish. And it's not like it's roaming the streets. It's at conventions, where hundreds of people do the same. And saying that anime is for jerks is like saying football is for jocks. To me, it's all pointless hours of men trying to hug each other for a ball. If you don't like it, that's fine. I respect your opinion. Like I said before though, don't act like a high school bully and flame it because you aren't into it.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I don't think you understand that comic, brudda.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I costume (as we tend to call it outside of anime fandom). I actually have a business making props and jewelry for costumes. I also moderate on a fairly large costuming forum (comics/superheroes based). So yeah, I guess I do. And it's pretty hard to troll a costumer, we got far tougher skin than you'd think, I mean, we go out in public in everything from cardboard boxes to full armor. Also, it's a lotta fun at the right venue. I do Dragoncon, in Atlanta. I dare you to find a bigger, better nerd party, they even shut down the main street downtown for a parade. DCon is more sci-fi and American/British nerd culture based. You'll see mostly comics, movie, video game (Mass Effect, TF2, Warhammer, Fallout), internet lulz and American cartoon based costumes, and 80% of the folks are in some stage of inebriation.

A very long video montage of costumers and general cool shit taken last year:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZQUVkPl9Zw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZQUVkPl9Zw</a>

Warning: Eyecandy abounds, including shirtless muscley men and ladies in barely more than well done bodypaint.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:29:03 PM by joy »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
And it's pretty hard to troll a costumer, we got far tougher skin than you'd think
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeSQne3RDCY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeSQne3RDCY</a>

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
I said costumers..not silly anime nerds. Ears don't make you a costumer ;p

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3sVFt_po4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3sVFt_po4</a>

These are my favorite Mass Effect costumes. The level of detail they put in is crazy. I'd love to learn how to make armor and stuff like that.

I learned how to knit for a Rinoa costume. It's turned into a great hobby for me. I love knitting scarves and things. ^-^
I think that's what I like most about cosplay: learning new skills.

Rep:
Level 85
yeah, I am addicted to expanding my skillset. I love seeing really insane things brought into reality. I'm currently -sorely- tempted to try out some rubber maskmaking to try and make a Thane Krios mask and costume.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm going to PAX East this year, but I'm not dressing up. If anything, I might wear a tshirt that says "I am Paul Christoforo".

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
There is an actual difference between Cosplaying and Costuming, in my opinion. In cosplaying, you're supposed to actually act out your character. Most people don't. So now that I think about it, I've never actually "cosplayed" but I have "costumed"

I'm going to PAX East this year, but I'm not dressing up. If anything, I might wear a tshirt that says "I am Paul Christoforo".

Lucky! I wan't to go to PAX so badly... But I don't have the money for it lately :/

Dragoncon is another on my list! It's definitely something to see if you're a nerd.

Otakon kind of disappointed me... It wasn't as great as everyone said it was going to be. Still had a lot of fun though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Too long I've been death's thrilling voice
I know it's kinda a late post but i hope to cosplay this year. I have wanted to for years but have never had the money. Since i am coming into a lil this year i plan to go as my favorite anime character BRS. ^^ -my signature is of her- Luckily i fit her personality well. Hard decision is there's alot of anime cons around me ... not huge ones but Naka Kon, Nebraskon, MTAC, Anime central, Nan Desu Kan, QC anime-Zing!... anybody know which ones best O.O