RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Char. Generation Event, not changing Actor. [RPG Maker VX]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Ks. This is basically what I'm doing with the Event:

------------------------

Choice = X [lets say 3]

Choice 1 :  Elf Male
Change Actor Graphic : Elf Male
Choice = 3:
3 classes

Choice 2: Elf Female
Change Actor Graphic: Elf Female
Choice = 3:

3 Classes

Choice 3: Human It
Change Actor Graphic: Human It
Choice = 3:
3 Classes

End

-------------------------------------

now Classes Change and everything kinda work. But the Actor Graphics stays the same on screen.

How can I do it so that I can alter the graphics after choosing the new Character on my Character Generator?  If I have to I can move this to script request ... to get a working Event thing / help to do character generation.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'm a little confused about this, but I may have a solution. This is purely eventing, right? No scripts? And is it the face of the character that's not changing or the character sprite? Could I ask you to include a picture of your event or the issue? :)

Actually, I started a game with a character selecion once. I never went any farther then that, though. So I can include the file of how I did this (with eventing) if you'd like. It may not be exactly the same, but I'm sure it can help out. Just let me know, alrighty? :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Pure eventing no scripts. It's changing out the char. graphics. Basically I have 14 actor types. [ 4 humans, 4 elfs, 2 cat people, 2 lizzard people, and 2 demons.]

I would like a person to be able to choose between starting characters without clogging things up to much, or having to restart if you don't like the character.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Hmmm... Well, what I would do is use Modern Algebra's ATS script so that you can use as many choice commands as you'd like. As for the eventing, I would do something like this (It's off the top of my head, so it may not be very perfect):

Spoiler for:
Label: Start

Text: Select a player.

Choice 1: Human 1

Change actor graphic (select a face and a sprite to work with the choice)

Text: Are you sure you want to be Human 1?

Choice 1: Yes
   OR
   Choice 2: No

If "Yes"

(Whatever happens when they select that character)

If "No"

Jump to Label "Start"

Choice 2: Human 2

(Then pretty much the same steps as above)

I hope that helped at all. That's the best way I can think of to do that with eventing. For something neater and more cool, you'd probably need a script. :0
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior