RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Making your custom characer!

Rep:
Level 63
De Faalboot - The Failboat
So you want to make your charcter, but you suck at drawing your own? (yea, i suck at drawing too...)

Well, look no further! I have found a great site for customizing your own characters!

This tutorial contains:
  • A link to the website where you can create your character
  • How to import your custom character into your game and play with it

All you need for this tutorial is a working internet connection ;) and photoshop (maybe there are some other image editting programs out there, but in this tutorial, i will be using Photoshop).

Step 1:

Go to this link:
http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/
I know, it's japanese, but if you have Google Chrome, it will ask you to translate it. I recommend doing that.

Step 2:
Create your character using the buttons! Once you have done this, head over to the next step.

Step 3:
Now make a printscreen ("save image as..." will NOT work!!) and open Photoshop. Paste your printscreen.

Step 4:

Once you have pasted your printscreen, start to crop your image until you only have someting that looks like this:

Step 5:

Now, start to select and delete the dark green areas that are surrounding your character using the magic wand tool. Also, delete your background layer. Your image should look like this now:

Step 6:

Now, save your image as a .PNG . Be sure it is PNG, because that's realy important. Upon saving, Photoshop will ask what you want to do with the impty areas of your image (the grey and white blocks in the background). Choose none and press OK.

If you know how to import your image into RPG maker and use it on your desired actor, you can skip the remaining steps. If not, read further, because i took the time to explain that aswell.

Step 7:

Now we are going to import your custom character into RPG maker.

Go to your materials.

Now head over to the Graphics/Characters . Then press "import" on the top-right corner.
Browse to the location where you saved your character. Select your image and press OK.

Close your material base.

Step 8:

Now we are going to make your character. Click on the button that's left of the materials button. A new screen will pop up. Go to the first tab, "actors".

Now you can either make a completly new actor with a completly diffrent class, but you can also just adjust the already existing actors. I'm not going to explain how to create a new actor from scratch, i'm going to tell you how to change the sprite of an actor.

When you have the actor slot that you want to edit, click on the Character Graphic box. Another new screen will pop up. Now select the image of your custom character and press OK.

Well done, you now have your custom character! :D

Hope this will help.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:13:38 AM by De Faalboot »
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44500.0.html

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I don't use RMXP, but I think it's quite obvious that this will be useful. The sprites can be edited to work in VX, or one could use MA's extra movement frames script. Awesomeness!

Thanks for sharing, De Faalboot! :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]