RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Introduction

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Hello there

I've been here for a couple of days now and i haven't introduce myself...  :-[
so...here i go.

I'm starting a new project, my first one actually, i'm not planning to do it commercial or something just for fun, i don't have experience with RM and a still have a lot to learn, i have to thank everyone here because i've learned a lot from this forums in the past few days, i am a DM for a DnD campaing im running with my friends, and my project is focus on that, i'm just trying to materialize what we do on pen and paper wich is not an easy feat (i'm not trying to emulate the DnD game system) im adapting it according to the capabilities of the RM.

But anyway this project is more like a gift to my friends...because is about them and all the things we've through in our campaing but of course im willing to share the project if you are interested.

For now i'm going to keep working, try to find answer to my questions or where can i ask things i want to know (i've read most of the basic tutorials but is not enough) :D thanks for reading this, see you later ;)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Either I'm confused or what xD - Actually, you can make your own thread for introducting yourself :). That's okay, though! When I first came here I was necroposting and didn't even know what it was!

Anyways, the most important thing is that you an your friends enjoy your game. You could view the Give-A-Tip Thread, should you ever need random advice! Welcome to you & good luck with your game. :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yo! newbie, you've got it opposite, You introduce yourself, then we see welcome to this place and insert various witty comments about the sewers

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
lol, sorry about that :-[ i thought this was the right place, but anyways im gonna try not to mess up again...... :-\ or at least not much  ;D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
lol, sorry about that :-[ i thought this was the right place, but anyways im gonna try not to mess up again...... :-\ or at least not much  ;D

It's alright! :) Not a big deal at all! In fact, I think I'll try a "witty sewer" comment, anyways!

Enjoy your stay - we do have cookies. Just don't eat the ones in the Sewers. They have radiation poison from all the slime down there.

I hope that counts as a "witty comment". I was feeling particularly cheesey when I said it. :o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Lol sorry  that comment had nothign to do with you acuarion XD welcome to RMRK, adding in another witty comment, watch out for the sewers, i hear gracies training her army of zombies to do the mamba, never ever ever look at a bag of rotting flesh doing a dance.... creepy

and as for your game idea, the fact that your doing it for your friends is great, it deserves a brofist

*brofist*

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
 ??? WTH is a brofist?.....
yeah is pretty cool, we share a very special bond...(i dont know if they will appretiate all this work though) ::) so im also doing it for me, i have a big deal of free time now and im kind of dissapinted with all this new rpgs, i miss my old school games, so one of my friends talk me about RM and i decided to give it a try, and i have to say.....im SOOOOO hook up with this that im not even sleeping enough :D

But anyway, in just a week i think i've learned a whole bunch of stuff, and i think i can make a good mini Rpg :D

PS.: im not planning on going to the sewers, the whole idea of a zombie doing a moonwalk is way to creepy  :lol:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm glad to hear you like RM! Which one are you using? XP or VX (or maybe even another one)?

Anyways, should you need assistance, we're here. And so are the sewer zombies. :)

PS: Unless you've already learned about this: wait until you get to start using scripts. When I found out what they could do, I was psyched! lol
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
THANK GOD!! for the ones so kind who made and share those scripts :D my game look a lot better thanks to that..... i cant use a lot of them specially the ones with a lot of configuration ??? but i have a few running already, im using RM VX, and for scripts i have the area battleground, battlecry, caterpillar, max party member fix, and item sort

others seem to complicated for me at least for now, and i now im making my first boss fight and im trying to make some bad guys to appear half way as reinforcement, and is not working .

Yes i right click the desired troop and chose appear half way option, and yes i made made a battle event specifiying that after turn 4 i want the 2 gray wolf in the back to appear..... ???

Any helpful tip?  :lol:
mm......i just find out the problem is my monster :S i made a test using one of the monster included in the game and it worked, but is not working with my custom made monster.....:/
HA! im such dumass :D i figure it out, i was chosing the wrong monster :D i was selecting the monster i was supose to kill in the first turn lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:24:27 AM by acuarion »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, I have many moments where I make mistakes like that! Actually, I use VX, too. :) There is a new one coming out sometime - VXAce - that makes VX MUCH better.

As for the script complications, it's very good to try out a demo for the script so you can see how it's supposed to be set up (unless you already do that xD). I use quite a few scripts, so I've learned how to handle them responsibly, but I can't script at all. Setting them up was really hard for me at first, too, but it's really quick to get the hang of :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
yeah ive seen some videos about VXace, lets just hope it really improves RM VX experience, yes i try demos of the scripts i want (at least when i find them) :P and i've learned a few stuff about script configuration....but i got goosebumps when i see those script for the side view thingy :D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, Tankentai Side Battle? Those are pretty hard to set up, but certainly worth it :) I use one right now (the Kaduki version). I don't really care much for the character sprites meant for it, but I use them because I love the battle style. I certainly reccomend the normal edition one, it's easier to use and you don't have to struggle to find animated battlers & enemies (like you do with the Kaduki version). :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
uh! kaduki system is pretty cool, i played the demo and i loved those combo skill with the chip and dale voices :D, but to be honest i dont think i could use one of those scripts, at least not now, besides i kind of like how the attack animation looks like using the default battle system, i dont know...maybe im wrong but i think the attacks lose quality or something, i.e. i notice the double attack skill doenst do the 2 slashes only one, but if you attack using 2 swords you get the 2 slashes

Also im using a 6 member party (one char for each of my friends) :) and it would be even harder for a newbie to set up those scripts, so i'll let it pass for now

wait.....mmm........ ::) it would be to weird an RPG with only male characters in the main team??  :o

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Ciao, you seem open and willing to learn. As for my input, an RPG Maker game with only male characters seems surprisingly refreshing...
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Thanks, your right...im willing to learn everything i can about this, as a Dungeon Master i create a world of words where you as player imagine the things as i describe them, but with this program i can actually materialize the world i want to show to others, i still have troubles with a lot of things though but i know ill get there eventually.

Glad to know that the idea of male char only looks refreshing :D some females char join later in the story but most are temp char...(is really hard to find a girl who plays Dungeons and Dragons) :)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
You guys are ruining the sewers.

just sayin.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ciao, you seem open and willing to learn. As for my input, an RPG Maker game with only male characters seems surprisingly refreshing...

I can half-way agree with that :P. After making a game with a girl main character, I quickly start to realize that writing lines for men is much easier to keep interesting. It's hard not to be cliche with the way some female characters act, though (at least, for me, and I am a girl lol). Buuuut, I think it's important to have girl characters nonetheless, they add a little more flavor to the story. I always find that my favorite female characters act a lot more like guys, so I do really see the point here! :) Yet, realistically, there would be a group of men fighting if it's a midieval-based game.

You guys are ruining the sewers.

just sayin.

That we do! Bwahaha! Let the friendly, politeness spread!
Spoiler for:
Just kidding.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
yup, female characters add some spice to any RPG game, and i will have some girls as playable characters, but they will be rare though or will join later in game....
most of my bad guys are actually bad girls though..... :o....guess i have some kind of trust issue with girls :lol:......(just kidding)  ^-^

Rep:
Level 75

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yup, female characters add some spice to any RPG game, and i will have some girls as playable characters, but they will be rare though or will join later in game....
most of my bad guys are actually bad girls though..... :o....guess i have some kind of trust issue with girls :lol:......(just kidding)  ^-^

WHAAAAAT!?!?!? (Also kidding! xD)

Anyways, I think once you get enough progress, you should start a thread in New Projects or something, if you want. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
 :lol: well in your defense my bad girls are pretty powerful and most of the time give a hell of a time to my players :P and sure i'll start a another thread soon....maybe ill check the new projects now to see whats going on down there :D

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Coolcool! I look forward to it! :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]