RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] ~~In Silmar's Shadow~~

Rep:
Level 63
De Faalboot - The Failboat
~~ In Silmar’s Shadow ~~

Storyline: (it's a bit of a long read, so i put a tl;dr at the end)

Spoiler for:
Silmar once was the mightiest god of Daemium. In fact, he created Daemium.
Every human being on Daemium praised Silmar. But then, Silmar made a big mistake, a mistake, that would bribe himself from most of his power.

In order to rule Daemium more efficently, he created The Great Four Dragon Elders. The Dragon Elders acted like minions from Silmar. It all came along nicely for 200 years, but then things started to change…

The Dragon Elders were given divine powers which were equal to Silmar’s powers in strength. The Dragon Elders realized that, so they made a pact, to knock Silmar over and claim Silmar’s Throne for themself.
So they started a ritual. A ritual that would bound The Four Dragon Elders into one, single body.

The ritual succeed.
So the Dragon Elder started his fight against his former master. But the Dragon Elder underestimated Silmar. Silmar was the God who created the Elder Gods after all.

So the Dragon Elder changed his plans; he decided to not take the throne by violence, but by religion. He managed convince several priests, which were the highest ranks in Daemium because they were the closest to divinity. The result was that every civillian followed the priests. It was a matter of time until whole Daemium turned against Silmar.

In the beginning of the Dragon Elder’s second plan, Silmar was still at his full power. But the number of his worshippers decreased, and so did His power. Silmar was forced to take on his human form.

And then, only one, small village was left that still worshipped him. It was Silmaria. Silmaria was named after Silmar because that’s where he started creating Daemium. The inhabitants of Silmaria have aways been the most loyal followers of Silmar.

But then a priest appeared, send by the Elder Dragon. In the beginning, Silmar didn’t even noticed him. The priest did speeches at the town square of Silmaria. Every day, he managed to convert atleast one civilian.
And so, the power of Silmar was dieing out slowly.

Finally, the day came. But there were only 7 individuals that still praised Silmar. As thanks for their Loyality, partly for his own protection as well, Silmar divided his remaining power upon the seven worshippers. They all gained a part of Silmar’s old, divine power. And with that power, they started to terrorise Daemium …

The Seven worshippers took over the seven most biggest towns of Daemium. Vakama, Icia, Eneya, Port Gullhaven, Al-Huwa, Yutano and Maruh. Ozam, Fex and Miyu live in Maruh, which also has been taken over. They know the history of Daemium. When the Elder Dragons bound themselfs into one body, Ozam Fex and Miyu were still neutral. But when Silmar divided himself and started to terrorize Daemium, our three heroes turned against Silmar.
And so, they started their quest to save Daemium from this evil madness.

tl;dr
A realm is getting terrorised by an evil god, three fighters are going to kill him.

Protagonists:

Spoiler for:
Ozam

Male (20)
Berserker – Strong, strong willed

He used to be neutral but since Silmar’s last worshippers tried to take over Daemium, he decided to support the Elder Dragon. Ozam is a strong, wreckless warrior that mastered every kind of weapon that he came across. Ozam finds his friends and family the most important in life and does everything to protect them.

Fex

Male (24)
Mage – Wise, Lazy

Fex finds everything easy, which is logical because he is the most wise member of the group. Though he Fex is a mage, he doesn’t know any healing spells, in fact, he only knows offensive magic.
Fex doesn’t like doing his best, he will always keep his true power offhand to use it as a last resort.

Miyu

Female (20)
Elf – Shy, kind, agile

Miyu is an elf. She uses her bow to attack in battle, but is always concerned over any companions in battle, that’s why she came with her fiancee Ozam in first place. She has a healing ability.

Credit to http://www.manga.com/content/avatar-face-maker for giving a face to the characters :)

Let me know what you guys think about it :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:30:12 AM by De Faalboot »
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44500.0.html

Rep:
Level 63
Updated the post, came up with a name for my realm: Daemium!

Will be posting some chracter details soon.
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
So, you control three characters then? What happened to the other 4 followers? And this is beginning to sound like Gears of War, 3 people versus an entire army.

Unless (This is me making predictions) you're taking a more Bioware route where you travel the land gathering more and more supporters and finally ending in a grand finale against the Dragon Elder.

Rep:
Level 63
4 followers....?

And about that gears of war thing... Your wrong about that, my protagonists are not fighting an army, they are fighting the seven worshippers and finally Silmar himself, which makes 8 bosses to defeat.

No Bioware either; my protagonist will be fighting on their own. Maybe two or three unlockable characters, but more than that is not my purpose.

When i read my storyline back, i understand why your predictions are wrong. I simply didn't explain enough yet i think. Got to improve my storyline a bit more...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:55:29 AM by De Faalboot »
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~

Rep:
Level 63
Anothe update! Used http://www.manga.com/content/avatar-face-maker for the faces of my characters. Added some personality too.

~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
So, the characters you play work with the Dragon Elder?

Rep:
Level 63
Yes.

Silmar abused his power to take revenge on Daemium, he turned evil.

~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
That's one ruthless berserker...

Rep:
Level 63
hehe, yea i know he looks more like a 12 year old kiddo.... But with the facemaker i used it was really hard to make an adult face.

If anyone has a better facemaker, please post :3
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Check the Resources page.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
There's a lot of stuff on this page, it's in the VX section of the resources, but it has a ton of great links I think you should check out, if you're looking for faces resources.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]