RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The "Twelve Days of Resources" Contest

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

Ah, the winter season is coming upon us. It's the time of year filled with good spirit, singing carolers, and lawsuits over saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". But you know what? Screw legal restrictions, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! And as a little Christmas gift for this RPG Maker community, I'm going to give you a wonderful present this year: the greatest RPG Maker resource ever. Unfortunately, I don't actually have any resources at all to give you, let alone the greatest one ever. But that's where you come in!

We're going to hold a new little contest this Christmas season called The Twelve Days of Resources. For two weeks straight, we're going to have everyone and anyone work like Santa's elves to create some new RPG Maker resources before December 18th (one week before Christmas). Everyone of every skill level is invited to participate, no sign-ups or anything required, and you're allowed to submit up to a maximum of 25 resources for the contest. Once time's up, Santa's secret helpers will gather up and organize the submissions for TWELVE CONSECUTIVE DAYS of voting for your favorite resources. On the twelfth day, we'll gather up all the first and second place winners from the previous days and have them face off one last time to determine the greatest RPG Maker resource!

OFFICIAL RULES:
  • Submissions will be allowed up until 11:59:59 PM on December 17th in your respective timezone. You've got until then to build and post your resources, so you'd better hurry~
  • You are allowed to create any type of resource you wish, as long as it is usable in some version of RPG Maker. Examples include but are not limited to: sprites, icon, tilesets, battler graphics, facesets, animations, backgrounds/parallaxes, music, sound effects, even scripts. Just as long as it is a usable resource, meaning that half-done sprites or photographs of your prom will be tossed out.
  • If you decide create a script, please save it in a readable .txt format for downloading convenience.
  • You may submit up to 25 resources of any type and at any time, meaning that you could post two sprites today and four icons tomorrow if you wanted to. You may not submit more than 25 at most though. It'd look kinda silly anyway if there was a voting poll with nothing but your name on it.
  • It must be a new resource rather than something already made. Something that was finished even before the start of the contest will obviously be disqualified.
  • Editing existing resources is technically allowed, but it must be enough of a change to be accepted as a new piece and it must comply with any conditions set by the original creator (such as providing credit, non-commercial, and so forth). Santa's secret helpers will be reviewing each piece to determine whether it's original enough to be allowed or if it should be disqualified.
  • You may post resources for other people instead of yourself, if you have their permission and they don't have an RMRK account of their own. The resource must still be a new one though rather than something old from their gallery.
  • For our ease in separating the resources, please submit each resource as an individual file as opposed to one lump sum of an image. Facesets or tilesets are an obvious exception as they're meant to be bundled.

DEADLINE: Sunday December 18th, 2011

To submit a piece, simply bump this thread with your submission attached to your post, along with the piece's name, the creator's name if you're posting for a friend, and any additional info you wish to include in the post itself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask right here too. :3

Total Submitted: 64

Current Participants:
  • Mein Captein (Gracie)
  • IAMFORTE
  • Malson
  • Irock
  • Cozziekuns
  • Yuyubabe
  • Modern Algebra
  • HaloOfTheSun
  • Skaraflame
  • Pacman
  • Zylos
  • Nessiah
  • <It could be you!>

I hope to see a lot of people join in to show off their talent, and wish everyone an early Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:02:01 AM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Santas little helpers, what conspiracy is this, youll have 12 from me this afternoon >.<

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Just to clarify, we can start right now?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS MEIN CAPTEIN GAVE TO ME

3 Pretty Gift Boxes!

They match perfectly with the RTP items!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Just to clarify, they don't have to be Christmas themed, although it's still awesome if you do.

Mein Captein is the first, who will be next?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
You know what? I think I'll do a piece of music for this. :)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
I will submit, 15 guns a shooting!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
http://soundcloud.com/chrismalson/starfyre

For this competition, I've started a new project called Decembiance. As you can guess, the goal/inspiration is electronic ambient music. Though I suck at simplicity, so quality not assured. But I hope you like it, and find it useful!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44469.msg503255.html#msg503255

I guess everything I make for O can be entered. I don't expect to win with Halo and Malson in the mix, but it's all for fun and helping the community. :)

Rep:
Level 84
I will submit a little gift in the form of a VX Script I translated for Ace:

Plans to submit a script each day. Doubt it'll work out though.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'll be musicing and scripting throughout ;o
I'm out of school next week, so I'll have plenty of time to upstage youse all.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I have two questions, if that's alright. :)

First, I'd like to know if I've made enough changes to the below faceset to count towards this.
Second, since I like to provide half-body images with the facesets, would that count as 2 or 1 contributes from me? Either way, I'm okay with it. 12 is a good limit for me haha.

Anyways, editing rips is the easiest method for me. My scanner is acting up, so I can't draw anything... Should this work, I'll try my best to make more for this contest. It may be difficult, because I have finals next week. But I'm not overly worried about them (easy college classes this time around). So, I thought I'd see if I could give this a little try. :)

Credit: Original RIPs from FEPlanet
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Personally I don't have a problem with it.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Personally I don't have a problem with it.

Alright, thank you. I'll try my best. :)

EDIT:

Made a Female Knight. Gonna attach her to this post because I don't want to double post. Nyah.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:22:52 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Just to confirm, both attachments are submissions from you, right? XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just to confirm, both attachments are submissions from you, right? XD

Yessir! :) If you want, I can make them all into one post with spoilers tags. That may give me a feeling of organization. xD I'm starting to feel like it will get confusing... :o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Nah, we'll handle it after the deadline. Just wanted to double check with you.

Rep:
Level 84
Another simple script, this time for VX:

Requires Modern Algebra's lovely Item Instances Base script, and his Random Stat Variance for Items is highly recommended.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Your scripts are amazing, Cozzie! :) I think you're gonna win this thing.

As for me, I've got my 3rd submission (I'm going to try to do at least one a day - if that's alright).

I give the resources a Male Knight this time ~
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Only a little more than a week to go now!

Rep:
Level 85
Wait what, i ahve so many thigns to do before i can breathe and submit resources : O

*EDIT* wait i finish on teh 15th, 3 days to bust my but contribooting!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've been busy for the past few days, so I haven't submitted anything :-(

Anyways, I've returned with a Priestess Faceset, to add to my contributes.

25 is the max, I can add, right? Since I do a half-body image with the facesets, I'll probably only make 12 or less of these. This should be my 4th one. :P
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I will submit my ATS: Special Message Codes script that I wrote for RMVXA: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44527.0.html

Also, I submit my Website Launch from Title script for RMVX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44535.0.html

@yuyubabe - those graphics are beautiful, as always.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:33:57 AM by modern algebra »