RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Norway

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If anyone hasn't heard, a government building was bombed in Oslo, killing at least 2 people. Then, related to the bombing, a man killed over 80 people at a Labor Party youth camp. This is disgusting, and my heart goes out to them. I don't know if we have any Norwegian members, but if we do, I hope that you, your friends, and your families are safe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
What the hell, I thought Norway was, like, one of the most forward-thinking and greatest countries to live in right now. This is awful...

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Another sad part of this whole thing is that all I see on facebook is "Amy Winehouse this and that". Who gives a fuck about Amy Winehouse? I think something like this should take precedence.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'm usually one to say that no matter what actions are carried out by a person they don't deserve any severe punishment, but this breaks my rule.
I hope this bastard gets what's coming to him.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I was reading about this and watching it all day on CNN yesterday. Absolutely sickening.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Newspaper today -
Front page: Cadel Evans wins le Tour de France.
2nd and 3rd pages: Amy fucking Winehouse.
4th and 5th pages: Salvation Army Crisis thing / Amy fucking Winehouse.
6th page: Norway tragedy and A STORY ABOUT A LONELY ORANG-UTAN.
What the fuck, Earth?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I felt more of a bigger impact, since I read a lot of German news sites like ZDF, in which the story is still front page news. It's bigger over in Europe than it is here because who in the world would let the right wing controlled media here to propose a white christian as a terrorist?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I felt more of a bigger impact, since I read a lot of German news sites like ZDF, in which the story is still front page news. It's bigger over in Europe than it is here because who in the world would let the right wing controlled media here to propose a white christian as a terrorist?
I hate American news sources. I was watching them and they were more concerned about if an American was killed. Fucking disgusting.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Although Anski's point is annoying, it's true. Then again, there is no such thing as completely unbiased news. Almost everything has some view of some kind, and everything else is biased in that it chooses to publish one thing but not another.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
This is absolutely disgusting. What kind of world do we live in where someone would do something like this?

I pray this wasn't a manufactured, staged event. I hope it's a one time thing. They're pinning this tragic event on a white, Christian, conservative guy whose favorite book is George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. When you pin it on a group, it directs hatred at that group, whether intentional or not. Kind of like what resulted in "DEM MUSLIMS DEY TRYIN TUH KILL US SO LETS GET EM", which resulted in a ton of awful wars and less freedom domestically. Fear's a really powerful tool. On top of that, Oslo police allegedly underwent bomb exercises two days before this happened. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I just know whoever is responsible can rot in hell.

~end conspiracy theories~

Rep:
Level 82
This is really sick and horrible! He actually went to a camp with teenagers and killed over 80 persons.. I've read and watched in on TV and I live in Sweden, just like 50 miles from what happened there and they only show this on the TV. RIP to those who died and I feel so sorry for all the victims families, friends etc..

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
This is absolutely disgusting. What kind of world do we live in where someone would do something like this?

I pray this wasn't a manufactured, staged event. I hope it's a one time thing. They're pinning this tragic event on a white, Christian, conservative guy whose favorite book is George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. When you pin it on a group, it directs hatred at that group, whether intentional or not. Kind of like what resulted in "DEM MUSLIMS DEY TRYIN TUH KILL US SO LETS GET EM", which resulted in a ton of awful wars and less freedom domestically. Fear's a really powerful tool. On top of that, Oslo police allegedly underwent bomb exercises two days before this happened. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I just know whoever is responsible can rot in hell.

The guy they have in custody admitted to doing it. He surrendered to the police as soon as they arrived at the island to confront him. He released a 1500 page manifesto on the internet detailing every aspect of this attack and his beliefs, and he says there are others like him.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:12:37 PM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
@Pacman You might be interested in this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/25/norway-attack-live-coverage-anders-breivik
It wasn't very interesting. Was there a lesson to be learned from reading this? Because I'm not feeling one.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

The guy they have in custody admitted to doing it. He surrendered to the police as soon as they arrived at the island to confront him. He released a 1500 page manifesto on the internet detailing every aspect of this attack and his beliefs, and he says their are others like him.
Now it sounds even more manufactured.

Rep:
Level 94
All of the articles first did suspect Muslim terrorists, but yeah. The guy admitted it, and he was caught at the camp, with the gun. He was also seen at the building that was bombed earlier that day.

I can totally see Irock's point, though. The dude is a total scumbag, and I hope he rots for it, but every little piece of classic terrorist evidence was found on him. 1984, a manifesto, even living on a farm where he had access to large amounts of fertilizer.

Anyway, this is more just about keeping the victims' families in my heart. I can't even imagine.

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
@Pacman You might be interested in this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/25/norway-attack-live-coverage-anders-breivik
It wasn't very interesting. Was there a lesson to be learned from reading this? Because I'm not feeling one.

Hmm. I thought you were complaining about a lack of media coverage.

Rep:
Level 94
I'm not very familiar with the political workings of Norway and other Nordic countries. Can someone explain, or post links to an explanation of the labor party, and why someone would conceivably want to hurt those people? I mean, aside from not understanding why someone would kill 80 people in the first place, why target this particular party?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
I read his statements from the police and a little bit of his manifesto and from what I understand of it, this attack and organization that Anders is a part of was apparently started to gain political and military force over Europe. He says the members are armed and that it is a crusade against Jihad.

Now, I'm just speculating here, I'm guessing he didn't like the Christian fundamentalism far-right idea that Norway's accessible open culture was being undermined by immigration and I guess the labor party was for immigration. But that's just how I see it, at least.

Rep:
Level 94
So wait. A crusade against Jihad? I mean, aren't those two things pretty much the same? Not that I'm opposing your viewpoint, but if that is indeed the case, then these people are as dumb as they are violent.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Crazy people aren't required to make sense.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 94
It was just droning, insane mutterings from someone who can't accept the world we live in. I stopped reading after two pages. Thanks for posting it, though.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The man is insane

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I read his statements from the police and a little bit of his manifesto and from what I understand of it, this attack and organization that Anders is a part of was apparently started to gain political and military force over Europe. He says the members are armed and that it is a crusade against Jihad.

Now, I'm just speculating here, I'm guessing he didn't like the Christian fundamentalism far-right idea that Norway's accessible open culture was being undermined by immigration and I guess the labor party was for immigration. But that's just how I see it, at least.

The old man is correct. The man, working supposedly as a part of a group, was against Norway's Arbeiderpartiet, as they in fact allowed for the open immigration of Muslim's and allowed them to reside openly, practice openly and wear burka's openly throughout the country. From what I gained from the manifesto, apparently instilling the youth with these ideals is going to bring the whole country to ruin just as it supposedly did to England. Norway has been a really really left country for a long time, especially after the recent rise of the Labour party. One of my friends in Germany had a brother that died in the shooting, he was studying in Norway at the time, and attended the camp to learn more. It's caused quite the uproar in central and eastern Europe, both ZDF and Spiegel, Germany's top two news sites, are still very engaged in it. The bombing was a distraction from a much more violent attempt at overthrowing the Labor Party in Norway, they say. Apparently a man was running from the scene of the bombing, telling people that it was only just the beginning.

It's disgusting, really, how people can act this way. Leading destruction against an already notorious destructive group and crusade will only spread to all out war. The future of Norway is in good hands, however, if this can all be kept under control.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
He's a Templar? What the hell?
So much has happened this year. But knowing the amount of planning and co-ordination that has gone into this terrible plot and that he has been able to hide everything from everyone for years just chills the blood.
I agree with Anski in that Norway is in good hands, but there's only so much they can do. A horrible threat has been presented to Europe the free world, and what with international conflict and rivalry as it is now, more disasters seem that much closer.