RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] My first emo set

Rep:
Level 71
This is my first face set. This is a remake of the white coated evil guy, as a good guy emotional set that I am going to use in a future game. If you wish to use it, please credit me. I allow it in commercial games if I get a free copy. Ignore the lower right corner. I also included the Charset for him, same rules apply. I made the Charset at http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index1.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:50:42 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks it was my first face set. The Charset's coat can probably easily be turned white in paint.  :blizj:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
you know, the first time I made a bookshelf in woodshop, I would not have released it as a thing for others to use.

you need an image editing software. paint can be useful. but not for this.

Rep:
Level 71
Oh ya sorry. Alright I just wanted to see rather I should do my own graphics or have one my friends do it. What is a good a good image editing software any way?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Photoshop is obviously one of the best, but it costs money. I personally think Paint.NET is pretty awesome for being free and I've heard GIMP is good too.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Thumbs up to GIMP. (My photoshop shuts down when I copy or paste)

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, I will try Gimp.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
yeah man, I wasn't trying to discourage just saying you were trying to chop a tree with a rock when you could be using an axe.

Rep:
Level 71
I downloaded GIMP, I will re-upload them when I'm done.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
So in a emo faceset, the emo is crying... How not at all ignorant -_-

Rep:
Level 71
You realize that my last post was LAST year right? Ya I get it sucks I'm not artist.  :mad:

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
It's not a bad set, it's just that the emo is crying. We have other capabilities too.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I guess that's just one of the "sad" faces of the faceset. He also has a blushing face, etc. I've seen facesets that weren't emo that have a crying face, too. :V
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:19:49 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
So in a emo faceset, the emo is crying... How not at all ignorant -_-

How is that ignorant when EVERY faceset has to have a sad face. I'm sure a lot of people cry when they're sad. And honestly, the term "emo" doesn't mean "cut yourself and cry all the time". It means Emotional. Which means they experience extremes of emotion. That means anger, sadness, AND happiness. So aren't you really being the ignorant one by attacking someone who doesn't, in the least, deserve it? Not trying to be rude... Just backing someone up.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
None of them look at all happy, and about 3 are crying.

Rep:
Level 71

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I want to say the shines on the faces under the eye are a common RMVX thing, though it may be mistaken for a tear, maybe. I think the one with the big, blue tear is the only one meant to look like he's crying. :V It looks more like a serious dude then a downright sad person to me.

1.Looks surprised to me, or normal. 2.Looks like he's either in pain or surprised also. 3.Looks smug, and happy. 4.Looks like a kind of "heh" frown, not really sad. 5.Looks like he just got asked out by the new hottie down the block. 6.Looks like he's crying a big, blue tear :'(. 7.Looks like a simple, eye-closed thinking or sighing expression.

But that's just what it looks like to me. It all depends on who is looking at it, because everyone will see something in a different way. :-\
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:32:32 AM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
That's about right, this is from when I was a five post leach and I had just started learning a bit about VX and wanted to make own faceset. When I did I got excited and posted.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
I can't speak for DoctorTodd ... But the term "emo faceset" is a specific term on several RM forums that defines a faceset with expressions (i.e emotions). It has nothing to do with the Emo lifestyle/culture/scene.

Just like the hipster cut of girl underwear has absolutely nothing to do with the Hipster culture/scene (outside the fact that some hipsters wear underwear, anyway).  ;8

To stay on topic ... It's not a bad try for a first faceset. Hopefully you've got Photoshop/Gimp and can make use of the brush tool. It's so much faster and easier to stay within the same style with brushes. :)
My current project: