RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Help; RPGXP] Minkoff sideveiw battle system

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Hello.

I'm currently working on a game for RPG Maker XP. For what ever known reason. When i'm doing a cut scene in a game. For example, people are moving around and talking on the overworld. My guy will have the ability to move during these cut scenes; which I don't want. Since then it screws up my movement events. I'm not sure how to fix this, since there is no halt command like in RPG Maker 2003. Like I said, I want to make it so it disables any kind of movement when pressing the arrow keys, until I want it to move again. I'm sorry if my description seems bland, but it was pretty hard to explain. (This issue has been solved, thank you so much for your help and generosity!)

Also. I really don't like the default battle system in RPG Maker XP. I want to make it like how it is in FF and RPG Maker 2003. The side battle system. I heard Minkoff was the best one. However, when I loaded it into my game. Sure, it works. But I have no clue how to add my own sprites into it. When ever I try it, it fails. So... I figured the best thing to do was to ask here on how to use it correctly. Hopefully somebody can give me a good tutorial on it.

Thanks for your support.

Neutral12.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:41:22 PM by neutral12 »

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
On the first thing, use AUTORUN as the trigger rather than PP.USe one Autorun event to control all events in the cutscene.On the second one, i havent tried it.

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Auto Run tends to freeze my game when ever the character enters the map that the Auto Run is on. How do I prevent Auto Run from freezing my game?

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
Autorun will run until you switch it to stop running.  You must make the autorun stop if it keeps your people from moving, otherwise use parallel.  But then you must be careful that parallel doesn't interfere with what you are doing.  It's tricky but try it.
coming soon to a pc near you

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
That's odd, just do autorun and the events will run fine-- then have a switch on the end and call an empty page etc.

Unless we're missing something here, how about a screenshot of said event page?

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Unless we're missing something here, how about a screenshot of said event page?

Alright, I'll do that since that will make it easier to explain. Here it is;

This is the area where I start having issues and will give a basic understand of what's going on. The areas I drew a green line at is where you have the ability to move for a bit until the other events kick in. So basically, here's a more detailed summary of what's going on here.

You exit an INN in my first town, there's an NPC on the left side that see's 2 injured soldiers (the nurse) [Before the movement event kicks in, you're able to walk for a bit. Which screws up the movement events.]. So immediately, the main character walks a bit to the left [At this point you're able to control your guy for about 1 second, after the movement event for walking left finishes screwing up the movement events]. Then the characters 2nd party member walks out from under him (think of this as the feature in Final Fantasy. Where all your party members walk out of you and stand next to you, etc.). The Nurse goes (Nooooo) and what not. She runs up [At this point you're able to also walk freely during the time she is running up, then you can't move again because she gets to her destination]. Then the main character and his second party member chit chat, they walk toward the nurse.

This is why I want the arrow keys to prevent movement during this cut scene unless its a movement event. Or else, it screws up the event.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Make the parallel process event run until you want the player to stop moving, then activate a self-switch to turn on an autorun page. Then when you're done, self-switch the autorun off.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Well, that time it didn't freeze my game. But now the event doesn't work at all. It get's to the point where it turns the invisible event into the noble sprite. But after that nothing happens.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Did you set the auto-run page to the self-switch condition or just leave it as is?

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Yea, on the first page what I did was. I placed a parallel event which has an conditional branch that says. "If [this switch] is on, then self switch D activates". Then I made a second page where I used the conditions check box on the top left. I made that to check for "if self switch D is activated".

Would it be easier to understand if I posted pictures?

Edit: Never mind, I was stupid on my part. The first page of the event was checked Player Touch instead of Parallel Process. *Face palm*.

Thank you so much, I strongly appreciate your advice and help.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:50:10 PM by neutral12 »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Why do you need that conditional? Can't you just place the command at the end of the event.

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Never mind, I was stupid on my part. The first page of the event was checked Player Touch instead of Parallel Process. *Face palm*.

Thank you so much, I strongly appreciate your advice and help. I was spending hours on getting this event to work. But now since I got help from here I feel so much more confident!

Ok so now since I got that problem solved.... Does anybody know how to work the Minkoff sideveiw battle system?