RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
DarkCodeZero Bought an iMac(I just did it.)

Rep:
Level 84
After many months of waiting, and years of dreaming, I have just purchased my very first Apple iMac in my life! 2.6 Intel Quad Core i5, 8gb RAM, 1TB hard drive. 27" display at 2560 x 1440 resolution. I am happy. Very happy.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:14:42 AM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Grats, what are you going to use it for?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
in b4 mac vs pc

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Cool. I can't wait until I can finally afford one.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Nice! I have a late 2009 27" i7 model. You'll continue to be happy with it, I sure am.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
HD ( .avchd format ) video editing in final cut, and after effects, and of course games. I've been dreaming of getting one for years, and I was finally able to! It's so much better than my current HP laptop ( 1.7 single core, 2gb ram max, 160gb hdd). Thanks guys. I'm so excited!

Rep:
Level 84
Double post because I have a question:

Does anyone know a good torrent (send link please?) for the Adobe CS5 suite, and Final Cut (either express, or pro studio, i don't care which)?

Also parallels if anyone's feeling generous and knows where.

Rep:
Level 96
If you're looking to run games (in Windows), I would suggest using Boot Camp instead of Parallels.
But for small stuff, I use Crossover to emulate windows when I'm running OSX.

Bootcamp is already on your Mac, but you need to have a copy of Windows to install.
And Crossover is cheap.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I prefer VMWare to Parallels myself.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
I'm always open to suggestions. I'm planning on using bootcamp, but if I wanted to play around in RMVX and work on my game, I don't want to have to shut down and then reboot into Windows.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Post pics of your monitor. I'm jealous of it. ._.

Rep:
Level 84
Will do Goolkeye. ^_^ So, does anybody know about the Adobe suite (really the only programs i need from the suite is After Effects, and Photoshop. Dreamweaver would be nice, but no needed) and Final Cut?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You don't get a sense of the size or scope from stock pics. I want to see it in-room and in action.

Rep:
Level 94
Fuckin' gorgeous. Too bad that keyboard is ass. Please tell me you got a better keyboard.

Rep:
Level 84
I got the wired one with the numpad on it. It's also got 2 extra USB ports on it.

Rep:
Level 96
So I tested out RPG Maker VX last night. It has some weird rendering issues with Crossover, so stay away from that one.
Actually, I might switch to VMWare. I have a few issues with Crossover when I run some of my windows stuff. Nothing that makes it impossible to use, but it gets inconvenient.

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you, arl, for your information. It's helpful. You know, there are so many people on this forum that say it's lame and retarded and that the people here are worthless. I love this place. Everyone is really helpful and cool here.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I heard VMWare is better. I wouldn't actually know, I only use bootcamp. It's a really small partition but it doesn't matter since I run all my games and 90% of windows apps from my 1TB external HD

Rep:
Level 84
Nice. My external is only 160gb. I'm keeping most of my stuff for backup on it.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Fuckin' gorgeous. Too bad that keyboard is ass. Please tell me you got a better keyboard.
I actually love Apple's keyboards; I use the full wired one with my PC and a wireless one with my iPad. They're really comfortable and good for typing, at least to me. I'm still not sold on their mice though.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, I have the full wired keyboard as well, but I use a basic HP wired optical mouse because I really don't like their wireless magic swipe surface ones. Not good for gaming.

Rep:
Level 94
I just don't like those little dinky ones, or the touch screen ones. Its not all Apple keyboards that are bad, just usually when they try to "innovate".