RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
DarkCodeZero Bought an iMac(I just did it.)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I tried VMWare Fusion. I think I'm going to stick with Crossover. Maybe I never got it set up right, but VMWare needs to actually boot up your pre-existing Boot Camp partition to work. So any programs it runs, or files it needs to open, actually have to be present on the Boot Camp's partition. i.e. you (apparently?) can't run anything FROM your Mac HD through VMWare. Also, it's a little resource heavy, and clunky. I tried it on my 3 year old Macbook, and the fan went crazy and the laptop got crazy overheated. It would probably work better on your iMac, since it's a newer machine, but...
Crossover just emulates windows, without any need to actually own a copy of it (windows). It's very light, and doesn't require a lot of resources to run it. The downside is that there's occasional rendering issues. RPGVX won't work very well under it, unless you have a lot of patience, but it runs what I need without many problems.

I run TabIt through crossover. The program, and all the TabIt song files that go with it are on my Mac HD, not in the Boot Camp partition. It's a small program, which is probably why it works so well, but yeah.

/my 2 cents
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:01:21 PM by arl »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I'd go with Bootcamp. Rather restart an already fast computer to load windows than deal with the frustration of shit not working.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
VM Ware, last I checked, can be linked to either your Boot Camp HDD, or a virtual HDD.  That was ages ago though.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Wow, you guys have gone above and beyond the call of duty with the information here. It's all very helpful. I'm thinking I'm going to stick with Bootcamp though. It seems to work the best. I wish it would ship already. I'm way too excited to sit here and wait longer for it to arrive.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Changed the title make it more relevant.

Rep:
Level 84
Why thank you. P.S. It arrived, and I'm on it now. ^_^

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I assume VMWare needs that partition due to the filesystem difference, since macs don't use NTFS.
bringing sexy back