RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Grace of Vil

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yeah, well I was his fifth. Three guests and himself beat me to the punch. And it's come along ever so nicely since then. :P
Also, fiftieth reply!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:47:12 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Yeah, well I was his fifth. Three guests and himself beat me to the punch. And it's come along ever so nicely since then. :P
Also, fiftieth reply!

I got owned there. :)

Anyways, I look forward to this game being released. It's actually the first demo game I've tried. Sorry to say, I don't usually like playing demo games but this one was well worth it. Keep up the good work, hiromu!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Thanks for the support guys, I've put 10 new screenshots into the main post now. I plan on making a commentated walkthrough of the first 30 minutes of the game and slapping a link here, but I'm not sure yet. I wish I could put more demos... or at least made the first demo a bit shorter, because I've added a ton of new content but I'm not sure If I should give up anymore of the core storyline. I suppose I could make another demo without story and build up another dungeon from scratch, but I'm not so sure about doing that either. My mind is wandering I can't find it.. (bandana round my head.. blah blah)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I suppose I've been moved. Nevertheless, here is what I wanted to put up.

A little (not really) screenshot of Black Isle, the 5th explorable continent for the game. It looks kinda weird since I stretched it a bit, as it was very small because I had to zoom out to show the entire map. You may be saying, aw man, more green.. But wait! Use your imagination and vision this place a bit darker, raining and with some fancy music overlayed.
Alright, so what's puts this apart from other continents is its lore. Pretty much, Black Isle was once inhabited by water spirits, when the Sahagins invaded, they hunted each spirit until there remained only one. The Sahagin Lord approached the Final Spirit and tore out its soul, when the spirit died, the land remained in a state of endless rain. The twist is that the rain never built up. As it hit the ground, it would evaporate. With the Soul of a water spirit in hand, the Sahagin Lord had the powerful item sealed within himself, granting him the amazing powers and increasing his life span. 200 years later, the Okeer Army took swarmed the land in hopes of expansion. The soldiers quickly sweeped through waves of Sahagin that lived on the island. Threatened with extinction, the Sahagins of Black Isle moved to the Sewers where they are believed to remain today. No word has been said about the state of the Sahagin Lord.

Yeah, that's it. Now, to the updates. I think I'm going to update the download finally. I've done a lot of work balancing skills, enemy difficulty and your overall strength. I've created 50 new weapons and 47 new pieces of armor. Black Isle will come with 3 dungeons: The Sewers (ooh lala), Viscious, and Etelin.

Next week I'll be showing another character. Just for kicks.

EDIT: Decided to Spoil the rest of the Black Isle story.
> The Sahagin Lord, remained the only Sahagin left on Black Isle. With his numbers gone, he resorted to the mind controlling of the Lizardmen. With his newfound powers from the Water Spirit's Soul, he trained the Lizardmen to think and act like Sahagin under his control, becoming his new army of Artificial Sahagin.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:18:59 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Well, it was my birthday yesterday, so I didn't do much with the game, not that I do things every day, but yesterday I didn't really use a computer, but here goes an Update.

> To start things off, I've been doing quite a bit in terms of adding more story based missions into the game, most of the time you would be running around freely with that story quest sitting around on your list of things to do, so now I've tried to increase the value of these story missions, so to speak. I've added more necessary steps to progressing to new continents, making a more lengthy experience (if that's cool). I've been doing a lot of editing with enemies, mainly making them stronger, but having less health (not including bosses), I've added 2 more possible party members, so you can now acquire a total of 18 special characters. I've decreased the price of potions (HP and MP) and increased the price of Revival Scrolls (Antenecros).
My next quest will probably be me changing the introduction to the game, it wasn't really said (which is unfortunate) but I feel that the opening doesn't give much backstory on the character, I'll probably follow the generic intro route and give you a start up quest like shopping for some food, it's much better (to me) than having nothing at all.

Here's a Character!
Introducing Gray, he is a werewolf. I know what you're thinking, he doesn't look like one, but don't worry about that, he's in his human form. I don't want to give much up about how he became a werewolf and his quest chain, but let's just say it's interesting. Example Skill: 'Bestial Rage' - Increase ATK to 200%, Decrease DEF to 50%, for 3 (subject to change) turns.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Awesome stuff. Merry birthday, also.
I'm loving the progress on this game, it's shaping up to be one hell of a play.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Reading the above comment, I feel kinda crappy for doing this but:

Because of my time restraints (Baseball, Football practice, school, sleeping and other annoying stuff) I am going to put the game on hold. I am though going to now create the game I had been planning to create after Grace of Vil. I feel like I won't be able to finish Grace of Vil in the time I'd like, but I will be able to finish the game I have planned now. I'm sorry if anyone actually was waiting for this game, but it wouldn't have been done for quite a long time, and right now, one of my goals is to one finish a full rpg maker game, and second is to pretty much use my free time mostly for practicing up on 3d modeling/animation (which I plan on doing as a career). During this time, though, I will be working on Grace of Vil on and off, I just want to put at least the slightest mark on the RMRK community before I become absent for a while.

So, is there a way to retrieve a game from the Abandoned Projects?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
I'll move it. If you ever want to revive it, then please just PM me or another moderator and we will move it back for you.