RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge With New Demo

Rep:
Level 38
けつばん
Nope, I didn't modify the default controls at all.
I was trying to swim into the hole, thinking it would be like a regular map transition.
By voice acting, I really just meant the name of the setting. Like, rename it to Character Voices or something. Sorry that I wasn't more clear.

Certainly has been an enjoyable game thus far. I fancy the writing.

A bug here:
Spoiler for:
I dived into this spot and became immobile. Have to restart from my last save point. :/

pokeball YinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 86
So I’ve been working on a crafting system. The way it will work is you throw a bunch of items into a mix and then BAM. Item made! Or… not. Once you discover the recipe/formula/whatever I decide to call them, you can easily create it over again. Fun stuff. A thing that I’m trying to add right now is creating bonus items!  Once you put in a recipe, you have the option of adding bonus items to create a brand new item. These items will add in new features to the base item. Say you have a Lohal Vial which on it’s own heals 500 or 50% of HP, that is the base item, but you can add in up to 2 additional items. You can get a Potent Lohal Vial of Fire. An item like that might heal more as well as give a boost in fire resistance. That is not something that you can find anywhere in the game because you INVENTED it! That is actually functioning perfectly fine, but the aesthetics are killing me. The item list is not displaying properly and item names are appearing in the wrong spot among other errors.

With this news, I wanted to introduce a character who will be your go to gal for this stuff:

Mioni is the most knowledgeable alchemist from Annox Desert. Her father is one of the most decorated soldiers in the Annox military, which gave her the opportunity to learn from some of the most skilled alchemists in the city. Mioni is considered sort of an oddball, she almost never leaves her home and strange things seem to happen there quite frequently. She always experiments with new recipes and she is never shy of testing something new on the first test subject she finds. Mioni will become very important in the game as she will be your central hub for discovering and creating new items and enhancements.

Alchemy plays a rather large role in Demon’s Revenge. It is the basis of the crafting system and a very important commodity in Hasphal. On Hasphal, it has always been considered an essential part of human culture. Studied and manufactured by those with the means and proper equipment to produce it, alchemy is perhaps the greatest form of medicine in all of Hasphal. Although healing is considered the most useful form of alchemy, it is also useful in combat mostly against demons. It can also be used to enhance a weapon’s effectiveness as well as powerful concoctions used to cripple enemies.

Another thing I’ve been working on is a total revamp of the enhancement system. As it is now, I don’t like it much, not much can be customized. Just some stat boosts. I want to add enhancements that give you status effects, can be cursed and sealed, give you skills for as long as it is slotted, increase exp rate, etc. I may also do a visual overhaul, but nothing too different from what it is now.

Lastly, we’ve been having some computer trouble… Actually it’s just me, but I’m the one who puts everything together, so my computer going down is a big problem. Fortunately it was fixed. It’s on its last limb, but it is working and we can be grateful for that!

Thanks for reading! We’ll see you in the next update.

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
Hello Yin. I apologize for taking long in finally playing he demo (at least partly, until the wolf mission was done); been on holiday and whatnot.

I am on the same page with AteOneZero that the game looks superb. Compared to your old demo it is again a huge step up. The music is much better than before, too! I am impressed with the animations, specifically in battle. Now for the comments:

Spoiler for:
- nice touch to add a dash always button. Immediately used it!
- I disliked the voices, so glad to be able to put them off. I read much faster, and the voices feel a bit bland, honestly.
- many menus are confusing... I didn't know you could scroll with Q or E for texts.
- Man, I do love jumping. Jump jump jump!
- Hmm. Battles are kinda slow. Good thing there aren't that many, and I can try to avoid them.
- Annoying poisonous worms... I need more anti-poisons!
* first problem: I could not for the life of me get to the savepoint in the forest. I eventually was able to skip through the trees by jumping around franctically, crossing over the edge of the platform. IF I had to have gone through the tiny caves, then I simply could not figure out how. Pressed all the buttons on my keyboard too...
* Which leads to problem number 2: by jumping you can easily cross from lower to upper layers and visa versa. When m teammate was attacked by the wolf, I could simply jump to the southern edge, and 'jump' over the edge. However, as I don't take the normal path, the game stil believes I am on the lower layer, making the edges float over my head. This is consistent for all areas, so far. Maybe make jumping a feature only for over obstacles? Would not need a special button then though...
- gorgeous visuals. The forest is alive. Animals, weaving grass when running through them, leaves, trees. Superb!
- amazing animations. I love the running animation, and mostly the battle animations. Even enemies are custom! What detail.

I will continue playing anther time.Truly amazing game you are making!
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Awesome, we are definitely fixing a bunch of those problems.

- That jumping problem was being able to jump over by the living tree. I believe once you do that you sort of break the levels.

- We definitely fixed the menus

- You have to move those rocks by the left of the big tree in order to get to the save point. We have a push and pull mechanic for doing that.

We will be releasing this version soon as we have started to move forward with part 2. We really appreciate you playing our demo.

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
So we have decided to go in a new direction with Demon's Revenge and we would like some real feedback on it. We want to release the game in parts. So it would essentially be in chapters or a type of episodic adventure. We still want to have lots of content and have at least 14 hours of game play. We have a point at which we would want to stop at the same time we want it to feel complete. We hope to be able to make the game in no more than 4 parts (preferably 2). We would have to see how well the 1st part will do. This will also mean that it will get released far more quickly than our proposed 4th quarter 2015 date.

There will be 4 playable characters and at least 6 locations to visit and explore. Motion comic ending to each chapter and a narrative that far surpasses what is in the demo.

We will still need more funding to make the game we want but it would be significantly less. We believe that doing the game like this will not only increase our productivity and production values allowing for more smooth animations, game play and story. We really want to get the completed project on steam and other platforms and get the game in as much people’s eyes and hands as possible. Let us know what you think about this new direction we are always looking for feedback.

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
First I want to say thank you all for your continued support. We would not be where we are now if it wasn't for Kickstarter really giving us a reason to take things to the next level. It has given us the ability to really push to make our game a reality. We have went through so much since we even discovered this site. Even though our funding did not go through this time the impact it has had on our game is very notable.

Since the end of the campaign we have been going over how far we have come since the very beginning of development. As you can see we have improved so much over that time. We have matured in our vision, writing and design and we plan to continue to do so in our career.

Early concept

1st Kickstarter 2012

Now

That being said we do understand why our funding has not been as successful as we would have hoped. So we are going to give it one last shot before we look for other ways to get what we need. Right now we have taken Dave's advice and I have registered to a bunch of forums that would be our target audience. I have also discovered a site called epocu.com it would be great if  you could support us when I get our page up. It allows us to build a fan base for our project and we are going to use it to garner support before we launch our next campaign. It is not a funding platform but rather a place to generate social support for games.

Although we do not have the funds we need we are still continuing to develop. Yin has continued to code and add improvements to the game. Even though she has started a new job on top of taking care of our 3 kids it has made her time much more limited. She still continues to do everything she can to get this done on our target release date.

Shop. One of many things yin has been working on.
One notable decision we have made in regards to going through with crowd funding. We have decided to break the game down into releasable parts. So instead of going for $30,000 we may end up going for a minimal goal of $12,000. We believe we could still make a full experience and people could play the game much faster that way.  I will talk much more about  this in our next update.

If you guys would like to give us a vote on Steam it would help so much in the long run.
Steam Greenlight

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
We just did a rather huge update on the current demo so if you downloaded it previously you will have to delete your save or it will cause an error. There is now a survey at the end of the demo. If you have already played and wish to take the survey now, please do so. Your feedback will help us make a much better game. Also, if for some reason, you did not get to the end of the demo, here is the link. Survey

Demo

Change Log: 1.04 -
Spoiler for:
- Fixed a bug in the infobook. I broke it in the last update. Images for items should now NOT produce an error
- Revamped enhancement system allowing more variety in enhancements stats, adding a tier system for each enhancement picked up.
- Revamped status screen, now shows a small description and uses the updated stats window.
- Changed game's font.
- Various small bug fixes.
- Fixed text cutoffs in the menu (Equipment menu)
- Totally redid the scan window.
- Updated the victory music.
- Blocked tent that causes the save file bug (Thanks to Shayoko from RPGMaker.net for discovering the exact cause, sorry I don't know how to fix it.... Yet :().
- Breathing forever underwater is not possible anymore.
- Make infobook buttons easier to figure out.
- Shop Menu done! (Can't see it in demo yet though).
- Crafting system is done! (Can't see it in demo yet though).
- Added easier way to read new entries.
- Fixed some jumping errors where you could jump off cliffs.
- Fixed evasion poses for Jagen and Maggie.
- Added in a few enemy sounds.
- Armehd now attacks in a line.
- Fixed scene by investigation site if you came through the alternate direction first.
- Added critical hits (Yay now you can do critical damage! (but so can the enemies)).
- Added character to infobook.
- Made it brighter later at night because it was still too dark.
- Removed enhancements from party member when they leave.
- Added Help Menu at the press of a button.
- Added target arrows so you can see which enemy you are targeting on the order line.
- Fixed box bug where if you had autodash on it and picked up a box, the box would chase you.
- Fixed known freezes in battle.
- Fixed some tile errors.
- Fixed problem where casting animations would not show properly.
- Fixed problem with full screen permissions (Had to replace it because it didn't work encrypted)

We have moved forward with everything we are working on what will be the final leg of the demo because if it is any longer most people will probably not play it to its completion. So you will have the option to either play as Sen or Jagen for two smaller campaigns. We plan to give more info on that later on today in our first video log whenever my daughter goes to sleep lol.

Right now am I currently working on one of the more elaborate cut scenes. It involves one of the main antagonist and happens shortly at the end of Jagens demo campaign when we next release it. Here is an example.

We are also working on doing some of the code for the battle system. Yin is implementing the timed hits and seeing how we could bring that to a more completed state. Yin has done a bunch of the code work for many things since the end of our last campaign. She has completed the crafting system which involves creating new and unique items so some combination of items could have different effects. We will go over more of this in our vlog.
Yin has also completed the shop. She took inspiration from the Tales of Vesperia series in which you can select all the items you would like to buy and check out all at once.

Here we have been working on some icons, and a more complete status screen.

In our effort to gain more support we have launched an epocu campaign. With this we are looking for at least 50 supporters to boost our confidence and to let us know where we stand as far as having an audience. So if you like it please let us know by supporting us on this platform. Right now we currently have 18 supporters and I am pretty excited about that!

We also plan on relaunching our crowd funding campaign for the final time at the end of August or the beginning of September. In honor of such an occasion we are going to start a design contest for a boss enemy in the game. We will have details on that soon.

We know you guys like and support our project so if there is anything new you could suggest for us in our next campaign please let us know. We think the most important thing to do is to get as many people as possible to pledge on the 1st day and get us noticed by the kickstarter staff. We have found many mistakes with our times on this platform and we are working on some better solutions. We are spending more time getting the word out more than ever. We want this more than anything and we are always open to advice and criticism.

Thank for reading this update and we shall have our vlog up soon.

Sincerly,

-Tyrell & Whitney White
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:59:28 PM by trexrell »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
This looks pretty neat and certainly has a lot of effort put into it! I might try it out later, but for now I'm going to post here so I don't forget!

Good luck guys! :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Looks interesting. I'll make sure to play this one. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Awesome! Thanks guys we really appreciate it. Please let us know what you think as we would love for the community to give its collective input.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
That cutscene gif is looking really cool. What programs do you use to sprite/animate?

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
That cutscene gif is looking really cool. What programs do you use to sprite/animate?

Awesome I am really glad you like it. It is actually part of something I put together in a program called motion artist. I basically use photoshop for everything. I use it to sprite and test animate and than I put it into whatever I use.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:22:50 AM by trexrell »

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Taking in some feedback one and trying new faceports.
Took your feedback and now we have new ports what do you think?

One of the things we are trying to do to make the game unique is getting a really strong hold on the comic book theme. So we are going to try to go all out with it. Incorporating new text boxes and some old school onomatopoeia. Let us know how we are doing. With your feedback can help shape the game.

Those who have played it took the survey and it is giving us a real good idea on what we need to do.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Looks awesome!! :)

The blinking is just a list fast, though. I don't know if that was on purpose (for testing) or not. :o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

His right shoulder (The one with the black material) seems a bit high.

I liker her. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Looks awesome!! :)

The blinking is just a list fast, though. I don't know if that was on purpose (for testing) or not. :o

Yeah it is merely for testing. He blinks way less frequently.

@Lord Stark I'll take a look at that.

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Boss Enemy Design Contest!

In honor of our upcoming Kickstarter, we are doing a boss enemy design contest in order for someone to win some really cool stuff before the campaign even begins. We want people to get involved with the creation of the game and we figured this is the best way of doing it.

Here is how you enter:

1. Draw a boss by the 28th of August. The boss can be a human, jeht (demonoid being), or a creative mystical beast. Just about anything you can think of.
2. Write a compelling back story describing its powers and abilities.
3. Email your drawings to yin@whiteguardianstudios.com with the subject line: Boss Enemy Design Contest!

Join our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DemonsRevenge
We will announce the winner on Facebook, Twitter, and our main website. There, you can comment onyour submission and put more attention towards your creation!

What Do You Win?

The winner gets their boss in the game, a poster of your creation drawn by our artist Ricky Gunawan. The winner will also receive a copy of the game.

Rules or Restrictions:

- By submitting to our design contest, you agree that you will give us your mailing address if chosen as the winner (unless you don't want the physical prize).

- If the design is a human, they normally derive their magical abilities from objects or the type of region where they are from.

- If the design is a jeht, they generally have red, black, white, or dark purple skin. Some are shape shifters and can look like humans with extremely pale skin tones. They usually have abilities derived from their physical physique, which is of immense strength and speed, and have natural abilities that deal with the elements of light, darkness, fire, water, ice, earth, and wind.

- Mystical creature anything goes.

- You agree that you are age of consent in your country, or have permission from an adult to give out your address and receive a prize from us.

- You can submit as many designs as you like

- You do not need to be a great artist as we will be judging the contest based on creativity in the design, story, and powers/abilities.

- If it's anthropomorphic, please don't use nudity. It will not be chosen.

- We reserve the right to change the rules as we see fit if necessary.

- Ask any questions on facebook, twitter, or our website, DemonsRevenge.com.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:40:29 AM by trexrell »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That artwork is incredible!

It sounds like a fun contest, but I've got 2 games on my plate right now ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
That artwork is incredible!

It sounds like a fun contest, but I've got 2 games on my plate right now ;_;

No problem I am just glad you were interested.

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Recently we have gotten some question about the battle system and I wanted to clarify some things. I want to let people know what the final product will produce apposed to what it is now in the demo.

The Battle System:

As it stands right now it has every bit of the functionality of any other battle system. Our goal for it is to not be a button mashing fest. We personally realize that it is that way but it is indeed far from complete. A lot of the functions are currently in the game but not yet fully implemented.

Environmental Interaction:

This function is currently in this build. With this you can use a special skill to affect the battlefield. If there is an object on the battlefield, your party members would use their abilities to interact with it.  These things would incorporate their strength, stealth or whatever that particular character could do. These things would range from hiding behind objects, knocking down or picking up objects or blowing them up. Yin even came up with a cool idea in an area where there would be chemicals or alchemy in which you knock the opponent into it and they could have a chance to transform into a werewolf or something like that.

Positioning:

This is actually something quite new that we noticed about the current system you will be able to have your character move to a particular position on the map to either avoid certain things, or to gather them for buffs or healing. The strategy would lie within who you were facing and what would be the best thing to do. Especially when it came to AOE spells and attacks. This is something quite new and we are still going over the details. It gives more depth to the environmental aspect and makes it a bit more strategic.

Switching Party Members:

There is currently the ability to switch out party members mid battle. When there is a situation where a character is low on health or their abilities are a not too effective in a particular situation you can switch them out.

Combo System

We love turn based combat. We think it is fun and engaging in its own unique way. We are also a big fan of a good challenge combined with plenty of action. So we are working on a way to get timed hits that form into combos similar Legend of Dragoon. Each character will play very differently depending on their speed and type of abilities they may have. We are also talking about taking some cues from Tales of Vesperia in which a magic user can tap a button to cast faster or do a more advanced spell. We want the players to feel engaged with this system and feel like the battles are just as important and fun as the story and adventure.

Cooperative Attacks

Characters that hold a connection to each other will be able to do a unity attack similar to Suikoden 2. They will be unlocked similar to Wild Arms 4 (Through scenes and building connection to other party members).

Summoning(Jehts)

This is an ability that only Jehts/Demons can do, which will function like a limit break (Bar fills up and opens new abilities). It will protect you similar to the GF in Final Fantasy 8, but you will control and summon it.

Rage(Humans)

Rage is an ability like summoning, used like a limit break. It allows the human to do an ultimate attack similar to final Fantasy 7.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It seems like you put a lot of detail into that battle system! o.o

By the way, my sister (Dr.Mc) drew something for your boss drawing contest. :-) Sorry we haven't sent it out yet, I forgot that she was waiting on me to write a description for it.

*edit*

I wrote the description/backstory really quick, so I'll just wait for my sister to send it out.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
It seems like you put a lot of detail into that battle system! o.o

By the way, my sister (Dr.Mc) drew something for your boss drawing contest. :-) Sorry we haven't sent it out yet, I forgot that she was waiting on me to write a description for it.

*edit*

I wrote the description/backstory really quick, so I'll just wait for my sister to send it out.

Awesome we can't wait to see it!  :) Everyone has such fun and creative ideas.

pokeball YinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 86
The Enemy Design Contest's submission end date is approaching fast! Make sure you get yours in by the 28th!

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Hey guys! We have lots of news and big things happening for CT:DR that have all come at the right time.

First let me start by saying that your support has really given us the confidence to go on and try our best to complete this game. It is a passion of ours to make this game as well as others and see it to completion.

I will like to show you guys some of the cool contest submissions we have had over the course of the event. There are some pretty creative entries as well as some unique and interesting stories. The contest ends soon so get your submissions in by the 28th.

Contest Submission

Spoiler for:

We have also had a very good game commentator by the name of Flick do a nice video on our game check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=780xXavo1BY

We have also had some rather interesting streams one that I was very excited about.I watch this stream every Sunday when I'm not working and I am a big fan.

We had a really good interview and they played our game on the stream. I was extremely excited to be on their show and the video will be uploaded on their page on Monday.

Epocu

The Epocu campaign is going really well. We only have a few more days left but we only need 10 more supporters. Help us reach that goal guys and we will be more than ready for our next launch. Here is the link here we really need your support.

Epocu

We have been receiving a lot of news coverage these past couple of days. Youtubers and streamers, not to mention the contest. We have decided this is as good of a time as any to do our third and final Kickstarter campaign for CT:DR on September 2nd. Guys we really need your support. I'm working on a new trailer and we are sending out more emails, talking to more lets players, and getting everyone excited for this. We are doing a lot of work but we can not do this without our supporters, our friends, and our fans. For more info check out our blog post.
Demon's Revenge Blog

We really need you guys feedback on our current campaign please review the preview and let us know what you think. The new trailer will be uploaded before we launch.Kickstarter Preview

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Another great review. If you never got the chance to play our demo here is another excellent review for you. The good the bad and the very informative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq2xJ5R79W0