RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RM2k] RuneWorld Recruitment

Rep:
Level 89

Please do not reply to this topic. It is past 6 weeks and it would be considered necroposting. If you wish to apply for a position, please send a PM instead.

Okay, Why am I making another Recruitment topic? Let me tell ya something that might answer that question:

In the past, I was a freakin' loser. Even now, I'm afraid of recruiting people despite the fact that I just posted a thread. I tried making a fan game or two, but then I got flamed, badly. So, I decided to come up with an original story, but I couldn't execute it very well, and I gave up on it (mainly because I couldn't come up with how it would begin). Years later, It hit me: I realized that I was thinking way too big. So now, I decided to come up with something very simple. Of course when I say simple, I mean 8-bit simple.

It's late 2010, I'm older, wiser, and... a little bit rusty seeing as how I haven't used RM2k(3) in a long time.. :P

I know someone who can better explain this. Please read the whole thing first, or you'll be confused.

(The following text and character are completely fictional and does not effect daily lives in any way.)

Spoiler for:

Thank you, TC.

How do you do? My name is Kenji Yoshigami (though my real name is Kenji Nakashima). I am a manga artist known for my work on such graphic novels as the most popular comedy manga 'The Life and Times of Kentaro Daisuke' and fantasy mangas such as 'Airheart' and 'The Off-Worlder'. The game that is currently in development is a role-playing game by Tri-Hard Who is best know for making such games as Dragon Fantasy I & II (which are actually made by EphiamOricuna) for the PES (Playsamo Entertainment system) that is based on one of my works simply known as 'RuneWold.' I the game's Producer and Supervisor.

The story for RuneWorld is very simple; It takes place in the world of the same name and it involves a group of heroes and their attempt to rescue a princess from the forces of evil... At least, that's what the first part of the story's about. Like the manga, this game is full of cliches as it is intended to be a parody of RPG games. You may expect references to pop culture such as various animes and games, and you might think it's childish or just plain stupid, but (almost) the entire cast consists of anthropomorphic characters. Right now, I am trying hire certain people to do certain tasks for me.

Thank you Mr. Yoshigami.

Now, As mentioned earlier, the premise for the game is that it's a parody of the 8-bit genre. The world's inhabiants are known as Runerians (Sounds like Lunarians, except with an R). The Characters and backgrounds will look like as if they came from either Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior/Quest (mostly Final Fantasy). The Fight system will be a take on Dragon Quest (hence RM2k). this is where most of (if not all) the cliches go in. It'll also have references from various games, animes, comics, TV shows, etc. In other words, It's like if Final Fantasy met Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo.
BUT!
While it's a parody, it will also have it's share of serious moments, and it's share of serious characters.

Let me put it this way. It'll be about 55% comedy, 45% serious.

The game was actually inspired by 2 things: An anime called "Mahoujin Guruguru" (otherwise known as "Magical circle GuruGuru"), and "Dragon Fantasy" by EphiamOricuna. Dragon Fantasy was what inspired me to get the project going.

Why did I choose RM2k? Because it's the only engine that can use 8-bit char/chipsets. They'll look too small in XP and VX.

one particular element from Final Fantasy V can be found here, which happens to be character expressions (Y'know, like a surprised look that a character would make in the game, or a wave of the hand). If this was done during the 8-bit era, it would've been ahead of it's time.

The game will also have temporary party members (inspired by Final Fantasies II and IV), each with their own goal.

I will have my share of work on this. Here are some examples:

Spoiler for:
interior A:

Interior B:

Interior C:

Interior C (Basement):

Town:

I Know they need work, but what do you expect from early designs? Also, they're wider than they appear. Why? Because I didn't want to show boundaries. Like when you go all the way to the edge of the map, the screen stops scrolling. I don't want that. It won't feel like an NES game.

Here's a monster I created (well, not exactly a monster. Just a boss character, and it's not from scratch either. I used different resources to make him). It's also the only monster I made.

The only way I can describe it is this: It looks like something out of Pokemon Red/Green. But this is a beta design. I don't like how it came out. -_-

Though Yoshigami said that he'll be recruiting, I'm gonna take over hiring people for him. It'll save him the trouble. Here's what I need:

NOTE: I'll do some work here and there, but my name isn't gonna be part of the list.

Spoiler for:
Sprite artist/editor = Someone to make and/or edit charsets, and/or chipsets. While I have my share of work (mostly editing and ripping sprites), I am looking for someone who can make certain sprites that I find very difficult to make/edit. Make them look 8-bit (or at least close to 8-bit).
#1:
#2 (optional):

(UPDATED!)
Monster artist = If there's anything I can't do, it's making monsters (regardless of what was shown earlier), but I will rip certain monsters from other games, that much I can do. Sprite artist/editor is welcome to apply here as well.
1:

Composer* = Someone who can use (but not limited to) FamiTracker to cover some of the game music, a few original music scores, and even the most popular songs. Most of the music will be ripped by Yours truly. I figured I'd check here first for a composer, then I'll check somewhere else for one.
#1 (for WAV version): Suezo (http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/member.php?24346-Suezo)
#2 (for MIDI version):

*NOTE: There will be 2 versions of the soundtrack: a WAV version and a MIDI version. The MIDI version (which most of the tracks can easily be found around the net) will be released first. The WAV version will be released as a seperate folder. What people can do is replace the music on the MIDI version with this version. (They will all be renamed to the correspondent tracks).

Panorama artist = I completely forgot about this one! I need someone to make certain images. Like an 8-bit landscape, or stuff. A better example would be like in the "Prologue" in Final Fantasy, when you cross the bridge for the first time. I know Panorama is mostly for scrolling backgrounds (like the sky), but then again ANYONE can take advantage of this.
#1:
#2 (optional):

World Mappers = That's basically self explainatory.
#1:
#2*:
#3*:

*NOTE: Why three world mappers? Because where the game takes place, it will consist of three realms (inspired by Mortal Kombat's realms). I figured I would hire one mapper for each realm. You think it's too much? Try saying that about Final Fantasy IV and V.

Mapper = I'll be able to do (probably) towns, and interiors to houses and shops, but dungeons, castles and castle interiors, that's another story. World Mappers can apply here as well.
#1:
#2 (optional):

Eventer = As the name implies. Particularly in need of someone who knows how to make the catterpillar effect.
#1: RefresherSpray

(UPDATED!)
Script Writer = Someone who can assist me in writing the story. What I'm going to do is send a rough draft of the script in progress and they can edit some things about it, but only with my approval. Also, if they want, they can add a side quest or two for the game, but again with my approval. I need someone who knows jokes as well.
#1:

Database manager = In my case, a database manager is someone who can create items, adjust the stats for characters and monsters, and create spells and how they work, etc. Some monster stats will be pre-set on my terms.
#1:

Title artist = As it's name implies, but make it look 8-bit.
#1:

Backdrop artist (optional) = Though it's not mandatory, I think a backdrop will make battles look more lively. If I can't find one, I'll just use a black backdrop. Though it may not be easy, I'll convert some of the 16-bit backdrop to 8-bit, but there are some that may need a custom backdrop.
#1:
That's it I believe.

If you want to apply, send me a sample of your (past) work via PM (or attach it on your post) before I can consider (may it be a link on Youtube or otherwise) or E-mail. It's TCgamerboy2002@yahoo.com (if it's going to be via E-mail, make sure the subject says "RuneWorld" so I'll know if it's from you.). I need proof (I mean, I don't wanna end up hiring the wrong person! Have you ever felt that way?). When you are recruited, I will let you know when needed.

Thank you. Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:04:07 AM by TCgamerboy2002 »
RuneWorld (Title clickable)
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray
You wish to apply? Send a PM with a sample of your work with an attachment.

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah--I can take a hint that I'm asking for a wee bit too much. XP
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
minute their I thought you were recreating RuneScape lmao
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Rep:
Level 89
That's actually the joke on the title.
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
ah, lol ^.^"
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
don't post pointless crap Koboth... No one needs or even wants to know that you thought it was funny. However, if you were to add something useful, even another sentence about the game saying "I hope you find more help" would be preferable to your post.

I, on the other hand, would actually like to apply for this, but I do not have my comp at the moment, so it might be a few minutes before I can show you any of my work in eventing...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
I'm down for mapping, both "world" and "town."

You give me the tile sets and some inspiration (game scripts/concept art/descriptions/etc) and I'll get you some beautiful maps.

If it's any help, I've worked with low bit artwork in RPG Maker before, and would say I've pretty good at it.

P.S. That was kinda a dick move bruh bruh ^^^

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Rep:
Level 89
I'm down for mapping, both "world" and "town."

You give me the tile sets and some inspiration (game scripts/concept art/descriptions/etc) and I'll get you some beautiful maps.

If it's any help, I've worked with low bit artwork in RPG Maker before, and would say I've pretty good at it.

P.S. That was kinda a dick move bruh bruh ^^^

I'll let you know via PM as soon as I'm able.
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 89
Bump.

EDIT: Added a new recruitment slot.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:45:17 PM by TCgamerboy2002 »
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, I had a feeling I was gonna make an @$$ of myself. I only did that so that I can keep this topic alive. I didn't like bumping at first, but that was only because I failed to understand the art of bumping.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:45:09 PM by TCgamerboy2002 »
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Yeah, I had a feeling I was gonna make an @$$ of myself. I only did that so that I can keep this topic alive. I didn't like bumping at first, but that was only because I failed to understand the art of bumping.
If your going to bump, bump with new info on the project, or some progress.

An empty bump is a sad bump.

Also, if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to bump, wait a few days first.

Our threads are pretty slow around here.

Rep:
Level 89
If your going to bump, bump with new info on the project, or some progress.

An empty bump is a sad bump.

Also, if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to bump, wait a few days first.

Our threads are pretty slow around here.
Lesson learned.
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
don't post pointless crap Koboth... No one needs or even wants to know that you thought it was funny. However, if you were to add something useful, even another sentence about the game saying "I hope you find more help" would be preferable to your post.

People are allowed to talk to each other on RMRK without there being any utility to it you know. It's called conversation. :P

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE:
Added new sprites to the character bios. The new sprites shown here will be shown on the menu screen (A.K.A. their facesets). That also shows how I can manipulate sprites.

Minor tweaks at Talven's bio. It's not easy making a bio for someone, lemme tell ya. Character development is hard work! XP

Also, (re)added a new recruitment slot. I figured a monster artist would make it easier on the spriter. The spriter can still apply for this if s/he wants.

I also added a small some of info for the game, for further explainations.

Oh, and I'm also allowing you to show your work by adding an attachment, making it easier on ya.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:10:48 AM by TCgamerboy2002 »
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 89
I forgot to mention that it doesn't have to be limited to famitracker.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:08:21 PM by TCgamerboy2002 »
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE: WAV Composer added. And for some reason, the MIDI composer disappeared on me, so that position's opened once more.

P.S. I also added a new position: A database manager. I tried doing some stuff of my own here and there, but it all became random. That's why I opened this one up.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:07:55 PM by TCgamerboy2002 »
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK Junior
As I no good Mapper or Artist, but I am great in inventing Items, Spells, Spell-Animations etc.

If you need help, lemme know

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE: Added art piece for Ethan to show what he looks like un-pixelated. A watermark was added to make sure no one steals it and claim it as their own. Rest assured, everyone else will have one in due time. Each character will be drawn by commissioned artists.

Also, I just added someone in the database manager position.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:01:04 AM by TCgamerboy2002 »
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE: Added Other Characters section. There are various reasons as to why I added this.
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE: I added a new art piece for the one of the other characters. Also, I moved the characters section here to save room in this topic.
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE: Eventer added.
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray

Rep:
Level 89
UPDATE: Okay, that's it! Everytime I try to write a script for the game, my mind goes completely blank! That's why I decided to add a script writer to assist me.
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray