RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New Lappy

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Spoiler for:
dv6-3150us
XG744UA#ABA
UNITED STATES MAINSTREAM
Gerrard 1.1 (Full Featured)
64-bit Metal
Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor 2.53GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.80 GHz (2c) (3) (3b) (4)
4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM); Max supported = 8GB
Intel® HD Graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory (6)
640GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection (7)
Brushed aluminum finish with the stream design in argento; HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone (15); HP SimplePass with integrated fingerprint reader
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support (6d) (16a) (16d)
15.6" diagonal High-Definition( 8) HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) (9)

Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN (10b) with WiDi (36)
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader* for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards(17a)

Dolby Advanced Audio with Altec Lansing speakers 
101-key compatible with island-style full-size backlit keyboard

HP Clickpad with On/Off button

4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA; 1 HDMI; 1 eSATA + USB 2.0; 1 VGA (15-pin) ; 1 RJ -45 (LAN); 1 Headphone-out; 1 Microphone-in
Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot; Power-on password; Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
65W AC Adapter
6-Cell 55WHr Lithium-Ion Battery
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit  (1)
I just wanna know, how is it for gaming? Could it run something like Oblivion? Or perhaps Fallout 3? I don't recognize the graphics specs and I can't find a solid review on this thing that mentions games at all.

And yes, I did listen to everything you guys said about computers from big name companies that are pre-assembled and shit, and how I should never waste money on them again. I'm not buying it, but I am about to come into one.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:50:50 AM by Animefan »

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
hmm, I see what you mean
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:48:48 PM by hawkeye »
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
No laptop will run Fallout 3.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Intel® HD Graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory

On board, don't expect anything fantastic.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ntel® HD Graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory (6) and Fallout 3

LOL

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Many laptops will run fallout 3.

ATI or nvidia graphics in a laptop, sure, but intel, NO.

You fail animefan. You should never buy a laptop with intel graphics. They're not for even basic gaming.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Quote from: Animefan
I'm not buying it, but I am about to come into one.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Fallout 3 is so buggy, that laptops won't run it. If they do, it's not for long.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Well, here's the deal people. The laptop is a free replacement for my broken one that ate CDs and seized up randomly. (Both damages caused at the actual repair center when I sent the computer in for a simple screen fix.) I'm done extending my warranty from HP. Never again ever ever. If I take good enough care of the computer, not much bad will come to it anyway. I could be saving that money for a better gaming desktop.

But for now I'll have to settle with this. For a free replacement, it's not bad I don't think.

As for the "come into one" line? Yeah. I felt like misleading you guys into thinking I was going to steal one. Come on, give me more credit than that. I'm not that crazy.

And I'm not stupid enough to pay for another HP computer. Hell I wouldn't have paid for the first one. I didn't in fact. My dad did because I wasn't there to dispell the bullshit that fat ass at Best Buy was telling him when he was buying it for me as a present for finishing Middle School, nor did I have the heart to tell him afterwards. That was back in 2006 though, so granted I probably could've been fooled at the time too. I was a real idiot back then.

Anyway. The last laptop I had, and this next one are both free replacements.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:56:17 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Oblivion? Maybe. Fallout 3, maybe.

The highlighted problem lies in the graphics source, not the RAM or the processor, as Roph has said. There's no better way than to just be assed to do it yourself and find out what its limitations are.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I suppose you're right. It's not like anything that is said in this thread will affect what machine I'm receiving. I guess I was just looking for reassurance. But y'know? It's not that important. My 360's been my primary gaming source lately anyway.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Also congrats on making a thread with common sense and having a conviction behind what you're talking about.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep