RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I just had an idea

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Inspired by the costume month.

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/11/gods_facebook_genesis_edition.php

And shit like this.

Imagine a forum where you could only register as a character from something like a game or movie. You have to play the part as best you can and interact with the others as close to the way your character would as possible.

I think some really fucking funny shit could happen. The Joker shit talks to the riddler. Kirby can't type with his nubby flippers. The Terminator gets on everyone's nerves because he always posts the same topic, and the T-2 keeps trying to pose as everyone else/keeps getting banned/keeps ban evading.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Rep:
Level 96
Bump mother fucka

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Sorry, man. I don't think this is very funny. There are way too many anime people on this forum, so I can only imagine what would happen in a forum like you're suggesting.

Rep:
Level 96
That's a damn good point...

Unless they were penned into their own little arena?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I think the problem is there's too few characters, and if the site actually picked up you'd have people complaining that names were taken already.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Too few characters? You'd be able to pick one from pretty much any game, movie, book, anime, or whatever, right? That's a lot of potential characters.

I think it sounds like a neat idea, sorta like one big multiverse roleplay. I'd do it.

Rep:
Level 96
So to streamline it: Have sections for American and Japanese character sets, as well as a general set allowing everyone. This would be in an overarching roleplay segment. Beneath it, there's a discussion segment where you can talk as much as you like in or out of character. Anyone can post in the discussion segment, but there's an approval process for the in character segment. That way, no one 'who talk lik dis' can claim the name of Long John Baldry, and no one can take on a character they simply aren't cut out for / we can recast characters.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I'm pretty sure there ARE places like that. Seen at least one chatroom that had a set up like that.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Too few characters? You'd be able to pick one from pretty much any game, movie, book, anime, or whatever, right? That's a lot of potential characters.

I think it sounds like a neat idea, sorta like one big multiverse roleplay. I'd do it.

and then the flame wars would start because Goku and Vegita and Yagami Light and L were already taken.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon