RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Do people still use RM2K3?

Rep:
Level 83
All the games here are XP or VX, did everyone go out and buy XP or VX or did someone hack it and make it free?

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I'm sure some people bought it. I did.

I have all the RPG Makers from 2K onwards, though. I intend to use 2K3 at some point, but VX and XP support a higher resolution.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:23:27 PM by Mikhail Faulken »

Rep:
Level 83
I'm sure some people bought it. I did.

I have all the RPG Makers from 2K onwards, though. I intend to use 2K3 at some point, but VX and XP support a higher resolution.

I found a video to get XP for free, but I'm useless, I'm still having trouble with layers, how I have to switch to layer 2 to put in a tree, tent, etc.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
In VX, you only get two map layers.... but you can create a third layer through events.

The reason I bought VX is so that I wouldn't get into any trouble from lack of a license. (I ate XP, though. I bought VX when I intended to make money off of the games, but THAT is never going to happen.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:50:58 PM by Mikhail Faulken »

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Yeah, I still use RM2k3. I'm making a game on it right now. And yes, I have a hacked version of both XP and VX.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
I'm currently making a game on RPG 2003. I want RPG Maker VX really badly, but I have no interest in paying $70 to buy it, which is sadly what it currently costs! There are hacked (illegal) versions of it, which I also have no interest in using.
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
Since XP came out I've always been torn between creating games with that old school feel versus creating games with virtually no limits.  I still use rm2k3 for my main project, and I'm happy with the results thus far.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I still use 2k3 when it's actually working for me. Also no talk of pirated RPG Makers allowed, butts.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
I don't understand how people keep thinking no-one uses RM2k(3) any more. I'm seeing a lot of projects under them here.

I'm creating games myself in RM2k and RM2k3(x2).

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I prefer RM2k3, to be honest I dont like XP.
And in German Communities are a lot of 2003 Games.
We have a lot of open Projects.

The allocation of the opfen Projects its:

Rm2000: 20%
Rm2003: 30%
RMXP: 30%
RMVX: 20%

But these results are from the german communities´.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I use rpg maker 2003 myself, its just hard for me to use it as well as XP or VX when I'm at home because I'm use to their mapping styles.
But 2003, is good for more of an old school feel or so I say on my own part.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 76
Please don't make me...
I've got three RPG Makers installed 2k3,XP,VX.
I mostly use 2k3 because of the mass of ideas I have for it...

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Only a Real Alliance will Conquer.
I use RM2k3 and RM2k,but I have been off RMRK,but now back with a new account.But I am on the Trial of XP again because I have used VX as well,but until I fully Purchase or my time on XP is out im sticking to 2k3 Because of it's Simplicity.No Scripting which is a down side,but a Good Classic Old Timed Tileset keeps the feel in the right place.
You think you Know me,but I don't Even Know myself ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
When I get back into it, RM2K(3) all the way. I tried XP and didn't like it at all. Haven't tried VX yet.
As an aside, I really prefer RM2k for various reasons, but the Side battle mode in RM2k3 is appealing.

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
My current project is being made with RM2K3. Current side-view ATB battle-systems written for the other makers don't support the things I wanted to do with the 2K3 DBS easily and I couldn't be bothered scripting my own battle system when the 2K3 DBS had exactly what I needed already...