RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project Recruitment - Divine Identity

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Story Synopsis:

The year 2076. Nothing remarkable ever happened on the Isle of Man for quite a while. Marcel Belford - priest and caretaker of the local church. Among the 52 other citizens, only one seems weary of him - a practitioner of the pagan arts and shamanism. The feeling is mutual. Years went by and the tension had been forgotten. Until one day...

The mayor of the town, Mr. Andrews, passed away. His wife, struck with grief, decided to ask the shaman if the rumors about his ability to raise the dead were true. The shaman agrees and the preparations begin. However, on the night of the deed, things don't go as planned. Marcel, suspicious of Mrs. Andrews' sudden friendly attitude and frequent visits to the shaman's house, follows them to the cemetery. What he saw there, under the hollow moonlight, was just the beginning...

The dead could walk anew. The late mayor has returned to life. Although... what he became could hardly be called a living creature...

Coming to the theaters near you in 2010. Project: Divine Identity.

That was our project's story summed up a la B-movie ad.

What else can you expect from this project? A tactical RPG, that follows the story of 6 people working for a Demon Neutralization Agency that takes place in 2076 London. What first starts as a simple hunt for the paranormal escalates into a grand melee-a-trois between two rivaling agencies and the legions of hell.

World Development:
The takes place in modern UK. From the Isle of Man (the noob-cave/tutorial-ville) you move to Liverpool and, finally, London. From your new HQ in the capitol you can take new missions, explore the city for new side-quests and all that jazz. You're not limited to these areas only though. Some of the places you can access later include trips across the country and beyond (one day in Paris, anyone?)

The game world will we plan is highly based on exploration and interaction with the environment. Jukeboxes in pubs and other place in case you're sick of the hearing the same BGM over and over. Rumors and -yellow press- with hints and pieces and information that might help finding that one elusive side-quest. What's your reward for exploring? New weapons and items to use, new techniques mastered. The world will not only be the stage for the gameplay, but a major part of it as well.

Characters:
MARCEL BELFORD

Age 38 (April 27 2038)

Class: Exorcist

Skill Focus: Blessings, Exorcism of the Undead

Statistics: Marcel as an Exorcist is capable of using ranged weaponry but can also use melee weapons. His skills require a fair amount of MP so proper managing is required. In CQC he can take a few hits too and can support other units thanks to his blessings.

Personality: Easy-going, bright and friendly. He believes in God, although not to the point of a complete zealot. Quite the opposite, he's the type of guy you'd find talking with friends in the local pub. On the other hand, Marcel can be a bit enthusiastic when it comes to kicking some behinds in the name of the Lord.

KARY SEKAN
Female Human, Age 32 (July 9 2044)

Class: Heretic

Skill Focus: Curses, Purge, Archaic Restoration

Statitics: Kary is a Heretic. Heretics practise the use of ancient techniques. These techniques were used both for good and bad deeds. A heretic can curse his opponents to afflict various sickness on them, but can also Purge someone from such curses. Most of the heretics are familiar with healing techniques used by various tribes. While controlling Kary you should try to avoid enganging enemies in CQC because of her low endurance and her light eguipment. Kary prefers to carry Knives and various Shamanistic items with her.

Personality: Kary is a rather secretive person and prefers to stay away from crowds and gatherings. The dark hood hides a sharp and curious mind underneath. She researches the dark arts with a the same mindset as alchemists of old pursued the elusive Philosopher's stone. Kary joins Marcel as atonement for her most recent 'experiment', but eventually finds this new lifestyle quite enjoyable.

MANFRED and LILIM WIEGAND

Male Human, Age 26 (September 6 2050) / Female Demon, Age unknown

Class: Snatcher.

Skill Focus: Demon Capture, CQC

Statistics: In combat, Lilim is absorbed into a suitcase, imbuing it with her dark power, which allows Manfred to wield it as a weapon and a source of magic to a certain extent. Instead of equipping new weapons, Manfred shapes his suitcase into a different forms that cover all physical elements (Slash/Blunt/Pierce).

MAIN ATTRIBUTE: Blunt.

Character: Manfred and Lilim have been working as a team for a long time. The pair shares the same wacky trail of thought: -Let's bash it! Didn't work? Chop it! No result? Stab the <censor bleep>!-. One could say they have a somewhat interesting relationship... Contrary to appearances though, human-mountain Manfred isn't the brawl-happy member of the duo and Lilim is not the schemer. Since they attract attention anywhere they go, the two have -Refuge In Audacity- as their main modus operandi. Oh and they're pretty much all but officially married.

We are currently looking for people capable of spriting mack-sized characters, GTBS Animations, Iconsets and Tilesets aswell scripters and designers. Please leave a comment, send me a PM or instant message me if you are interested.

Spoiler for Our Team:
*N.J.Frost - Writer
*YoruX - Concept Artist (2D and 3D)
*Trace (Whipstickagostop) - Musician / Writer

Special Thanks for their help so far:
*Arlin
*Mr Meow Meow Meow Mix

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
So... we have an exorcist, a 'heretic' who practises magic that the church frowns upon, and a married couple, one of which turns into a suitcase?!

This sounds freakishly awesome. I can't join - I've got Parallel Lines to take care of - but I'll certainly look around for this.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

I don't have time to read the whole thing right now. What are you recruiting?
I can do spriting (but I'm very lazy) scripting (but i'm very lazy) eventing, I'm pretty effective at eventing, and I can compose music, I guess i'm semi-lazy at this one.

Quote from: Sky_Of_Order
So... we have an exorcist, a 'heretic' who practises magic that the church frowns upon, and a married couple, one of which turns into a suitcase?!

This sounds freakishly awesome. I can't join - I've got Parallel Lines to take care of - but I'll certainly look around for this.
Good to know people give us positive feedback for the story!  :lol:

I don't have time to read the whole thing right now. What are you recruiting?
I can do spriting (but I'm very lazy) scripting (but i'm very lazy) eventing, I'm pretty effective at eventing, and I can compose music, I guess i'm semi-lazy at this one.

Pretty much everything except of writers however we are in dire need of spriters... Feel free to send me an IM on windows live messenger if possible (adress can be found on the thread above, but writing it here for the lazy ones :P  tracetherogue@windowslive.com).

Rep:
Level 83
I would, but sadly, 1) I have my own little project, and 2) I don't really like to script with RPG Maker. I love programming, but not with those constraints.

Rep:
Level 83
what is this being made in ?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

VX?, sorry, I use xp. <_>

Rep:
Level 83
Same here.  ;9

but i do have VX maybe I could help with a few of your events if you need it.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

We could use alot of help on Mack sized sprites, Iconset and tilesets at the moment, so let us know if you are interested.

Have some concept art to tease you a little bit.

Our main hero, Marcel Belford:
Spoiler for:

A new party member?
Spoiler for:

A one of a kind weapon against the undead
Spoiler for: