RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Eden Legacy: A Knight of Eden (v.1.1 now available)

Rep:
Level 81

Version 1.1-  I swear it works          http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IOP596I1

Walkthrough:     http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV2DXCR1

Story
In a time before time itself, a time before man inherited the world around him, the Holy Knights of Eden protected the Sacred lands from a mysterious force, known only as "Evil". Those inflicted with this disease must be cleansed, for the sake of the holy lands.

Follow the adventures of a young boy as he travels the world of Pangea in his quest to rid the lands of the rising Serpent Army. Though he seeks to avenge the former inhabitants of his homeland, everything soon changes when he befriends the legendary Knights of Eden. While the plot progresses in the vein of older NES RPGs, there are plenty of controversial twists to satisfy even the most skeptical fans of the genre.

Features
-The game's graphics are entirely in black and white.
- As Jogan levels up, he slowly matures from a young boy to a man. The more levels you gain, the older he begins to look, and the stronger he becomes.
- With each level up, Jogan learns new attack combos that are completely customizable! This makes gameplay much more strategic in nature.
- The world of Pangea has been designed from the actual thing! Yes! This means it is HUGE! Countless places to explore, and endless sidequests to complete along the way. The world also includes the lost city of Atlantis and the Continent of Eden!
- I promise the greatest soundtrack you've ever heard in an oldschool RPG. That is a PROMISE!

Battle System
As stated above, players choose attack combos with each level up. Heavier attacks will wear out your energy meter, so sometimes choosing weaker combos is the wisest choice (especially against large parties of weaker enemies). For this reason, the player must make sure to have a good number of strong and weak combos to preserve energy.

This game has many minimalist ideas involved, and some people may disagree with some of the choices I made with it. For those people, there is a DELUXE Edition coming out in a few weeks for those who want to do away with the minimalism.

The walkthrough included in the game folder is for the beta version, so it may not help you at all turns.

A new one is coming within the next week or so.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 04:54:09 AM by sbester »

Rep:
Level 81
I added an quick update to the walkthrough. It's still incomplete, but it is suited to the full version rather than the beta (which is the one that is included in the game).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV2DXCR1

Rep:
Level 81
Newest (final?) version will be uploaded tonight. Here's a list of bugs for version 1.0:

Hopefully, this is the last of them. I think it probably is, as my final tester was VERY thorough (and unbelievably fast).

- If you were one of the first 50 downloaders, you'll have to romp through the cave twice to get the crystal. I'm very sorry about this, and there is a blog post if you're interested in how sorry I am exactly. :P

- In the town of Lanfros, in one of the houses, talking to one girl from the left side causes a graphic change which makes her appear as a full coloured dude.

- Not exactly a bug per say, but you have to click on your keys, passes, badges, etc for them to actually grant you access to new places. This includes the FLAMING Sword and the Holy Cherub.

- Passability errors which may or may not seem awkward. I was thinking 'dragon quest' when I did them this way, most people are probably thinking sean's an idiot.

- Gate Key 3 does not exist... I added it, but it has since disappeared? I have reloaded it for the new version coming tonight.

- You can kill the guard of the Holy Cherub as many times as you want. He won't disappear.

- MAJOR BUG: At the final act, you'll have a level 20 version of yourself along for the ride. While this has also been fixed for the new version, you're going to have to think of it as maybe the spiritual entity of your character's undying strength of will... or something... Anyway, makes beating the last boss a cinch.

What we can learn from this is, while last minute changes can be a great thing, I should never be the one in charge of implementing them. The new version also has some extra features thrown in for better gameplay, but they aren't bugs, so I'm not going to mention them.

Rep:
Level 81
The New Version is now available! It should be bug free!

Download and Enjoy!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
P.S. I deleted your last post in this topic. There is absolutely no need to quote your entire first post as a new post and add zero new information outside of that quote. fyi: THAT'S WHY THERE IS AN EDIT BUTTON.

Just so you know, we dislike having to scroll down a page forever to read nothing new.

Rep:
Level 81
Sorry, total accident