RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anybody playing FF13?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Fight -> Magic -> Fight -> Fight -> Item -> Item -> Fight -> Fight -> Fight -> Fight -> Fight -> Fight -> Magic -> Magic -> Item -> Victory/Cheap Death

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
up on left stick > terrible combat > up on left stick > terrible combat > up on left stick > terrible combat > up on left stick > terrible combat > up on left stick > terrible combat > up on left stick > Shut off console > victory

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Well, I got farther into it, and I have to say that this game really doesn't suck as much as people, including myself, made it seem in the beginning. It's not even really a game, though. It's another interactive movie, like MGS. Still good though.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Oh yeah, a lot of things turned me off to playing this game. I still haven't played it, but I haven't played any FF games besides 6, 5, 3, 1, 2, 7, and 12, anyway.

7 is by far my least favourite so far. I fucking hate about half the cast, among other things.

Please tell me it is not like 7.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I doubt anyone thinks this, but I think that Paradigm Shifts are basically just gambits and that chaining commands make it flow like X and XII.

It's nowhere near FF VII. Or at least in my opinion.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I never fucking used gambits. I thought they were kind of pointless.

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.
Rook's FFXIII Pros and Cons:

Pros.
- Because it is on the PS3 for me, the graphics are shiny and new and deep.
- Battle System, though changed, is better in my mind. The Action Bar eliminates the need for Dual Casting, the auto battle feature is good for those whom are a little slow or young to play it, and no MP essentially means limitless capabilities (unless under the effects of say, Pain or Silence).
- They went and resynched the cutscenes mouths to the english voices, a small feature but still effective.
- Armour remains locked, which is good, I for one did not like the fact that you could equip something like a Magus Robe or Diamond Armour on characters and they would still remain in their common garbs.
- Hope. He is by far my favourite character, so pessimistic, yet so loyal, yet so adamant, yet so whiney, yet so cheerful, yet so sad, yet so upbeat. He is the pop that the game has for me, and his voice acting at times sound a little off, like he has a cold or something, but I think it matches his character. Plus his weapon is a boomerang, which is originally an Australian weapon, and I think its cool, first time I saw him use it I squealed.

Cons.
- Storyline is vague, though I got into it alot earlier than 2 hours, and the little bits surprised me, like how Sazh, Fang and Vanille are connected.
- Vanille's Voice. Its an American trying to sound Australian, and ending up sounding British too, its a 3 way accent.
- The storypath. Its follows a set path like FFX, and does not really have as much flexibility as say FFXII, where you could travel to any place anytime really, and train and hunt marks and so on.
- That magic is considered evil, and those that posess it dangerous, and yet PSI-COM have technology that simulates magic and the abilty to create monsters who can use it, and their not regarded as bad as well.
- Jihl Nabaat. No one can have cleavage like that and not have major chafing.

Its a like/dislike game for me. I like how in this game some of the characters and loctions are percieved as either Australian or American, others as Japanese. So yeh, I like it, but I dislike it.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Hope. He is by far my favourite character, so pessimistic, yet so loyal, yet so adamant, yet so whiney, yet so cheerful, yet so sad, yet so upbeat. He is the pop that the game has for me, and his voice acting at times sound a little off, like he has a cold or something, but I think it matches his character.

I dunno why, but I kinda hate Hope. Snow is so much cooler. Everyone seems to like him though, which I find weird.

Plus his weapon is a boomerang, which is originally an Australian weapon, and I think its cool, first time I saw him use it I squealed.

A common misconception, my dear chap. It's (technically) actually Polish.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang

Quote from: Wikipedia
The oldest Australian Aboriginal boomerangs are ten thousand years old, but older hunting sticks have been discovered in Europe, where they seem to have formed part of the stone age arsenal of weapons. One boomerang that was discovered in a cave in the Carpathian Mountains in Poland was made of mammoth's tusk and is believed, based on AMS dating of objects found with it, to be about 30,000 years old. King Tutankhamen, the famous Pharaoh of ancient Egypt, who died over 3,000 years ago, owned a collection of boomerangs of both the straight flying (hunting) and returning variety.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Pros.
- Because it is on the PS3 for me, the graphics are shiny and new and deep.
- Battle System, though changed, is better in my mind. The Action Bar eliminates the need for Dual Casting, the auto battle feature is good for those whom are a little slow or young to play it, and no MP essentially means limitless capabilities (unless under the effects of say, Pain or Silence).
- They went and resynched the cutscenes mouths to the english voices, a small feature but still effective.
- Armour remains locked, which is good, I for one did not like the fact that you could equip something like a Magus Robe or Diamond Armour on characters and they would still remain in their common garbs.
- Hope. He is by far my favourite character, so pessimistic, yet so loyal, yet so adamant, yet so whiney, yet so cheerful, yet so sad, yet so upbeat. He is the pop that the game has for me, and his voice acting at times sound a little off, like he has a cold or something, but I think it matches his character. Plus his weapon is a boomerang, which is originally an Australian weapon, and I think its cool, first time I saw him use it I squealed.
you be trollin' there's no way any of these are what you actually think

1 - cross platform games don't look any better on either consoles. in fact where there is a noticeable difference the shitty black levels on the PS3 make most ps3 games look worse. ( arkham asylum, bayonetta, darksiders. for example)

2 - dumbing it down is a pro?

3 - yeah it's a nice touch.

4 - see 2

5 - worst character in the game.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:52:02 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

you are a spiky haired sword wielding protagonist who is hanging out with a stereotypical black guy, on a train attacking mechanical monsters..

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke

you are a spiky haired sword wielding protagonist who is hanging out with a stereotypical black guy, on a train attacking mechanical monsters..

That's gay :|

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

You just made me remember what the rep buttons are for.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

You just made me remember what the rep buttons are for.

lol

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 76
Please don't make me...
I doubt anyone thinks this, but I think that Paradigm Shifts are basically just gambits and that chaining commands make it flow like X and XII.

I second this. It has somewhat the similar feel of FF12.