RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Multiple Voice Chats

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I find myself in need of a chat client of sorts. I use Yahoo and AIM and those work fine for me, but someone I chat with needs to be able to speak to multiple people at the same time without starting a conference.

Basically, just like yahoo but allows us to do multiple private voice chats at the same time.
Pidgin and Trillian didn't work out so well. It doesn't have to be able to chat with other clients. We're just looking for one good yahoo replacement that allows multiple separate voice chats.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
*sigh*
All that does is give me "free voice chat programs". It doesn't show me which ones are safe, which ones are reliable, and it CERTAINLY doesn't tell me which ones allow people to chat to multiple random users privately at the same time. It's not a common feature, so I'm pretty sure whatever voice chat program I'm looking for will have such a unique ability listed as a feature, or even as part of the title.

Which is why I gave up and came here. I know you guys are sick of seeing me so it's not like I'll come here without trying to figure things out on my own first. But everybody here has their own wealth of computer knowledge and I figured someone would have had some experience with the type of chat program I'm looking for.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Ventrillo
Teamspeak

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Those might just do it. Thanks for the tip.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I heard Ventrilo costs money to host your own server, and we can't exactly have other people listening in on us on a public server. ^^''

Would teamspeak cost anything to host our own server?

EDIT: (Sorry for the double post.) Teamspeak won't work because it requires us to submit personal information even for a free license, and the party interested does not wish to do that.
Ventrilo might not work if it costs anything to get a server, or requires personal information.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:51:28 AM by Animefan »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=voice+chat

Oh look, right there 4th from the top. Maybe instead of glancing at the first couple of results you should actually click the links and read what they're capable of, then we wouldn't have to deal with your 153 threads a week about simple computer issues.
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
...without starting a conference.

Do you mean like...
talk to person A
<mute mic to A>
talk to person B
<mute mic to B, open to A>
talk to person A

that kind of thing?
In which case good luck because I dunno anything that does that.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon