RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battle system - Recruiting Spriter/Pixel Artist

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Battle System Recruitment.

Index
 I.   Battle System Information
 II.  Recruitment Information
 III. Contant Information

I.Battle System Information

System

The battle system I'm creating is known as the "Frontal Tactical Field Battle System". It's a fairly simple battle system that allows for a normal frontal battle like RPG Maker VX default battle system, except it displays sprites and their actions or a more tactical approach to battles using different parameters in order to gain an advantage over your enemy.

Features

The battlefield is made up of 2 sides, which are RED and BLUE. RED being the enemy side while BLUE is the players side. Each side has a 5 x 3 grid in which they can move for different advantages.

Free movement based off stamina which allows you to move through your side of the battlefield. Different fields drain stamina faster than others and states such as poison prevent stamina recovery and randomly increase stamina loss while moving.

Natural point based defense has been taken out of the damage equation meaning your position on your side of the battlefield affects how hard you are hit, front row being hit the hardest while the back row being hit for the least. Defense is also enhanced by positioning yourself behind and ally or an object in your side of the battlefield. The normal defense command seen in many battle system has also been taken out and replaced by a rest command which allows you to pass your turn and recover a bit of your stamina and other points.

Attack is also based off your position on your side of the battlefield which means that your attack is strongest in the front row and weakest in the back row.

Hate also plays a big part in the battle system. An enemy will often choose whichever player they perceive as the biggest threat(Whoever is doing the most damage to it) to attack. Which means that you can keep weaker allies alive by centering the hate of a strong enemy on a strong ally. Also attacking an enemy while positioning yourself behind your allies for defense will add hate from your attack towards the ally in front of you.

And those are some of the features of the battle system. There are many more, but they would take a long time to explain in detail such as player unique field abilities and moods.

This is a video of the battle system in action. Sorry for the poor quality of the video, but I am unable to make videos myself.

II.Recruitment Information

What I need

I'm looking for a spriter or pixel artist who is able to create VX style monster/enemy sprites for use with the battle system along with Icons and other effects if possible.

This would be an example of what I'm looking for in terms of sprites.

I have tried to make or edit the sprites, but I'm not able to make a full VX animated spritesheet. And I also tried to use the monster sprites from RPG maker XP, but those were too big and often their animation are too off or the style doesn't match the VX sprites in use.

To speed things up I think it would be best to just remake XP Enemy sprites in VX style(Not format) to skip the process of creating a  lot of original enemies.

What I can give

Since it's rare to receive help for nothing and no one wants to waste their time for no reward. I can offer my services as a scripter in exchange for the sprites.

I can make custom menus and or custom systems, battle systems and a whole range of other scripts.

These are some of my works.

Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals Menu
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31952.0.html

Seraphim Gates Menu 0

Seraphim Gates Menu

Item Synthesis

III.Contant Information

Contacting

If you are interested in helping me you can contact me by posting on this topic or by sending me a personal message here in this forum with details, questions or some examples of your works.

Thank you very much for your time and reading this topic and have a nice day.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:37:10 AM by Zanaziel »