RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
July at the RPG Maker Resource Kit - neat scripts, promising games, and more!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
~RPG Maker Resource Kit July Newsletter~
~Scripts~
~Games~                   ~Artwork~
~Nipples~

Introduction

This is not something we tried before, but as is the case with all great ideas, we saw it elsewhere and stole it. Basically, the monthly Newsletter is intended to give a brief summary of notable developments on RMRK over the past month, and will regularly be posted around the end of the month. Since this is the first month, we are going to break the rules. Quite frequently, actually. Anyway, the best introduction to the newsletter is to read it. Which makes it not an introduction at all, but like I said, we're breaking all the rules.

Also, I know we promised nipples, but we were lying to get your attention. We humbly apologize and request your forgiveness.

Highlights

This is a section devoted to notable general news, such as the PotM and any significant achievements such as a finished project.

Despite description text clearly stating "NO IROCKS ALOUD [sic]", a wild Irock has been spotted lurking around the Mod Hut and sporting a fancy green badge.
Starfyre is a mod now, but who cares? :V

Malson has recently posted six excellent songs for use in any project (as long as he is credited). See Malson's Music Resources or live to regret it.

This is old news, but there is an RMVX Scripts Index available for easier navigation of the database scripts.

An RMVX Resource Links topic now exists which can direct you to many excellent sites for obtaning resources. If there are any good sites missing, feel free to suggest them and they will be added to the list.

Finding scripts is a lot easier than you think - see the Script Searching Tutorial for tips on finding that elusive script.

Project of the Month

The selection process for Project of the Month is currently undergoing some major changes. For this month, we are attempting to choose the Project of the Month through a nomination-vote system. Hence the lateness for a new project of the Month. July's PotM was:

Deira, by Deira Team

Recently Finished Projects

Paradise Blue, by Ocean
Eye of the Tiger 4 (Director's Cut), by Irock
Aeon Quest, by dmoose
Designer's Sin, by the_M_man
Warrior Dee's RPG, by Lazer Kirby
The Beyond, by Dark Gaia

RMVX News

New Scripts

Continue Map's BGM after Battle, by bulletxt
Autosave VX, by bulletxt
Swap Tilesets while Mapping in VX Editor, by bulletxt
Show Enemy States, by modern algebra
Relatively Simple Fogs, by miget man12
Grid Inventory, by modern algebra
Show Variable-Based Stats in Status Screen, by modern algebra

New Resources

Sword Icons, by grafikal
Custom Battle Floors, by shoushi
Cook Sprites, by MAGICKID
Miscellaneous Icons, by Ocean
JunkHunt Character Generator Tutorial & Link
JunkHunt Roof Tile Generator Tutorial & Link
Animated Character Sheets, by grafikal

New Projects

While it says New Projects, it does not refer to the new projects section itself. Rather, this section is for highlighting new games that came in this month that have met the requirements to be moved into the regular projects board.

Detectives, by Confederacy
Shadow Resistance, by Sartory
LINUS, by blueperiod
30 Days Until Armageddon, a community project started by maia
Legionwood, by Dark Gaia (May, July, same thing basically :P)

Want to Help?

I am looking for anyone interested in writing Community Update, Other Maker News, and RMXP News sections of the Newsletter. If you are interested and have a suitable knowledge of any of those areas, please volunteer in this topic and I will select whoever I think is best suited for the job. Also, if you can think of any other section or subsection that you'd like to write and that you think would make sense to be included in the newsletter, then feel free to suggest it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 01:12:11 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You held shift too long under New Projects and typed ANd. ._.

Anyway, great work. A newsletter is just what the inactive homepage needed. :]

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Needs more nipple
Also this looks disgusting on dark theme, I assume on RMRK4 it looks great though ;8

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, I thought it would look gross on other themes, but the formatting is primarily for the purpose of the homepage. Blame Irock - it was his idea :)

And thank you Irock. I will correct my heinous error.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol, I feel like the body text is a little fuzzy just because I use RMRK4 and it's like a grey on white background :P No problems though and I totally support this idea. Cool stuff

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This is awesome, it's arranged really well.
It focuses nice on the Rpg-maker news, which i fail to do =D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Yeah, I thought it would look gross on other themes, but the formatting is primarily for the purpose of the homepage. Blame Irock - it was his idea :)
I remember the body text being black on my mock up. I think it would probably look better that way. ._.

Rep:
Level 87
...How dare you use my favorite body part as a marketing ploy and not give out what you promised!

Expect to hear from the great Nipple Council....soon.  :mad:

Anyways, nice work on this ;D

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
One major problem with this: It's too apologetic. Never write things like, "We aren't the best for this, but..." it turns people away before they even come inside. In a newsletter like this, it is far better to either stick to strict facts, or present everything in a positive light.

Rep:
Level 97
@Irock - well, maybe. But I was blaming you for the colour scheme idea in general, not the grey text - In any case, I didn't like the grey for the subtitles though so I movd it down. I guess I'll turn it back to Black.

@Redwyn - k, but I will deny everything.

@Holk - I would think the opposite: having only seven new resources in a whole month seems like it would be a turnoff to me if I thought it was the norm. I will change that too though.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
One major problem with this: It's too apologetic. Never write things like, "We aren't the best for this, but..." it turns people away before they even come inside. In a newsletter like this, it is far better to either stick to strict facts, or present everything in a positive light.
Yeah, my English teacher from 8th grade told me not to give excuses or anything to put your work down before it's presented.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I'm looking at how you spelled my game, and I'm like "WUT"

then i was LOL  :D I can tell you were typing this fast(right?)
no worries, I'm not angry about a small typo in an official newsletter.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 01:09:08 AM by Lazer Kirby »
Hi

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, update your dictionary. the spelling of what used to be warrior is now warrrir - it was decided there weren't enough words with triple letter combinations.

I'll change it though, since I just learned that titles created prior to the spelling change should be spelled the wrong way to avoid confusion.

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86