RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] JunkHunt Roof Tile Generator

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
JunkHunt Roof Tile Generator

This is an excellent generator that allows you to generate front facing rooves such as the following:

It works similarly to the JunkHunt Character Generator in that it gives you a number of pattern options:

And this is how you set stuff up:

A. Roof Pattern
    This is where you choose the pattern of roof you want for each roof.
B. Hue
    This is the hue of the pattern you choose.
C. Brightness Percentage
    This is the brightness of the generated roof tile
D. Saturation Percentage
    This is the saturation of the generated roof tile
E. Sharpness
    This determines how soft the outlines are. See F.
F. Sharpness Value
    From top to Bottom: No Sharpness; Very Dull; Dull; Medium; Sharp; Very Sharp
      Note: Dull is a misnomer, since it is still sharper than No sharpness. The grades are in relation to each other.
G. Generation Details for each roof tile
    You can generate up to four roof tiles at a time. Each of these will be distinctly generated and have no impact on the others.
H. Generate into a TileE?
    When this box is checked, the roof tiles will be generated into a large 512 x 512 image file in the format of a Tileset, so that
      you can add tiles to it and use it as a TileE
I. The Generation Button
    Pressing this will generate the roof tiles.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:59:57 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 89
Nice one! Should be pinned, I think. :)
Regards,
Mike

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It's in a sticky'd list of good resource websites already, but what the hay.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Thanks, I was looking for front facing roof tiles :)

So basically, all these are to be placed in tileE?
So won't I have problems with shadows and stuff?

I also can't seem to do it properly? How do i fill up the front facing bit of the roof properly? The lines seem to be in the way. Should I delete them myself?
And I can't seem to get the chimney working properly too. The wall that I've used is peeking out.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The placement of the chimney tile is meant to be along the very back of the house.

As for the lines, they are meant to be wooden beams, but not all of the four roof tiles generated have them, just replace the corresponding tiles with the ones that do.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
Oh no =( Sorry for pushing up an old post.. Didn't realise, I saw a link to this on a stickied thread and forgot to check date =(

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..