RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
One Day Salesman

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
^ lame xbox avatar is under 9000.
Yes I am finally setting myself straight on one RMVX project. This is my first RMVX project, and I hope I do well on this.

"One Day Salesman" (Working title) focuses on the adventure of one man, within one day, but I guess you figured that already. I can't exactly sum it all up here, so check the Spoiler tabs.

Gameplay Features:
Spoiler for:
Gameplay Features:
-Does not use Scene_Battle at all. Don't worry though, this doesn't mean I'll eliminate action.
-Minimizes empty, lifeless maps. I'm trying to make everywhere interesting.
-Unique characters. There's no one-liner NPCs, everyone has some important in the game.
-Dialogue humor keeping you interested.
-A simple "File" system, allowing you to read about important things you may have forgotten about. This feature was inspired by Resident Evil.
-Minigames, puzzles, and obstacle-based areas are the focus of gameplay.
-Non-linear styled gameplay. There are only a few moments where you are forced to do something.
-Multiple endings.
-A simple story that ends up leaving the player at a strange decision.
-A lot of optional things. Almost every side-quest you complete will alter the ending somehow, depending on which ending you choose.

Storyline:
Spoiler for:
Storyline:
You take over the life of Arnaud Odessa. He is a young man wanting to follow his family's tradition of being pirates. Arnaud's old friend, Captain Garbagaggle, had taken him along on his pirate ship, The Hydra, to show him what it's like to be one of the crew. Unfortunately, Arnaud is soon kicked off the ship and onto Archt Island. After only a few hours on-board, Captain Garbagaggle already doesn't see Arnaud as a suitable shipmate. Arnaud convinces the Captain to give him a second chance, which later works.
Arnaud's task is simple: Rob a traveling merchant, sell his wares, and return to the pirate crew with enough money to prove himself. Arnaud must complete this task within a day, or be left out of the pirate crew and abandoned on Archt Island.
It seems simple at first, but Arnaud will find himself dazed and confused at every decision he must make.

Characters:
Spoiler for:
Characters:
Arnaud Odessa
Arnaud is a young man hoping to become a pirate, just like his ancestors. He has a hot temper and often thinks highly of himself while others stare in confusion. The player will control his actions, but not his emotions. His hometown is the small town of Larynia, where he first wished to become a pirate.

May Callum
May is a positive-thinking girl from Archt. Though she seems careless, she often worries about other people when in certain situations. Her worrying often takes her to an annoying stage where she can bother someone for hours.

Captain Bruce Garbagaggle
Bruce became a pirate at the young age of 25 when he inherited his infamous ship, The Hydra, from his deceased father, who apparently worked with Arnaud's father. Bruce is usually a warm person, who loves a heavy drink and a good laugh. He doesn't show his serious side very often unless he is severing someone's arm or tossing a chest on board.
His crew is usually low in numbers, to cope with his obsession with throwing "as much loot as we can" onto The Hydra.

Alfred "Alfie" Russel
Alfie is the newest addition to Captain Garbagaggle's ship crew. He is very naive, and enjoys almost everything the world has to offer. He is the only crew member who has hopes for Arnaud, as fellow shipmates Andre and Barno often ridicule him for this. It is unknown why Garbagaggle accepted him into the team, as there may have been some sort of third party involved.

Skwadala
Skwadala is an old merchant who makes his way in and out of Archt to sell wares found elsewhere. He is a jolly, persistent old man. Skwadala is the target for Arnaud's mission.

Marcus Gondall
Marcus is a knight of Astoria, a kingdom just East of Archt Island. His sole mission is to hunt down Captain Garbagaggle, after failing to several times in the passed three years.

Setting:
Spoiler for:
Setting:
Archt Island
A small island, home to a small quiet settlement, an inactive volcano, an angry neighbor of an island, and a dock for any traders... Or pirates.

Archt Island Port
A small wooden dock on the north side of the island. It usually lies empty, but for one day, The Hydra stays there. This is where Arnaud's journey begins.

Highway To Archt
A cobblestone highway between the dock and the town of Archt. This road is usually empty, and is only traversed by visitors to the island. An old merchant named Skwadala makes his way through here every week.

Town Of Archt
A small farming village. They rely on crops, animal breeding, and traveling merchants to keep them going. There are only about seven houses throughout the whole town, but everyone there knows each other.

Unistar Manor
An old stone manor on Archt Island, nearby the bridge to Astoria. Nobody goes anywhere near it, and nobody knows if anyone is still living there. It is one of the strangest places on Archt Island. The name "Unistar" refers to the single star that shines over the manor at night. Strangely, the star has never changed it's position.

Abbadon Volcano
An inactive volcano on the southwest corner of Archt Island. It has apparently only erupted a few times in the passed hundreds of years. Locals of Archt say that a young adventurer has climbed up the mountain for the intense training needed to "defeat the dragon". Logically enough, everyone thinks he's a nutcase, save for his mother.

Abandoned Tower
An old Astorian tower that was left destroyed after an attack during a war many decades ago. It's believed to be haunted, and has a terrible rat problem. Astorians visit the tower to pay their respects, whilst children from Archt go there due to constant "adventurous" ideas.

Astoria
A separate island east of Archt Island, connected by a bridge. They are the closest thing Archt has to a justice system. Although they are friends with the people of Archt, they are stubborn and do not allow anyone from Archt onto their island.

Credits:
Current Progress: Around 40%, and stuck with issues.
Last Update: [08/16/09] It's been like 2 months since I updated. O_O
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:59:43 PM by jick6 »
You've just been obliteraped!

Currently Working On: One Day Salesman
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33234.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Seems interesting. Good luck :)

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
This actually sounds good for a first project. Quite ambitious, but I can see it working.
No cliche lame rpgs with takentei either. I'll be looking forward to this.

- -

Funny thing is, before I started this, I was using a Battle System put together by Mr. Bubble (from rpgrevolution) that combined Tankentai with another battle system called STR33 Active Time Battle [but I only checked out Tankentai specifically].

Ugh. *double post*. Seems my 'grand vision' was a bit too much. A couple of my scenarios are laggy 'cuz of too many moving events and two of 'em are glitching up at certain points. I might call it off since I'm only 'bout halfway done and I'm already screwing up.