RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Graphics Card

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hmmm... I'm contemplating on whether or not to get a better graphics card as I have a Dimension 2400 with the original parts with an extra 1 GB of RAM.

My computer's a Pentium 4, 2.2 GHz, and has 1.12 GB of RAM. I don't really get what a bunch of other stuff CPU-Z tells me but... yeah. As far as I know, this isn't TOO bad. What I consider my "better" computer has around 500 MB of RAM, 3GHz, Pentium 4... And is a Dimension 5100 so...

I'm thinking of maybe getting a new graphics card so I was wondering what good graphics cards were. Well, not necessarily "good" since I'm kind of... short on money. >_> I'm probably willing to spend about 50-75 or 80... Which is probably not much as far as graphics cards go, but, hey. Anythings gotta be better than the default thing.

I was looking a bit and I saw this: http://www.4allmemory.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.memorySearch4&model_id=37704

Trustworthy or not? :P As for prices, I can just look at newegg because they'll probably have the same stuff for cheaper.

Anyways, yeah. I don't really wanna upgrade the other computer because my brother uses it more often and he doesn't really take care of it.

EDIT: Saw this guy posting somewhere:

I'm trying to get a new video card for my Dell Dimension 2400, which has video (64mb Intel) pre-integrated into the motherboard.

Now, the kicker is that the Dimension 2400 only has PCI ports. Being not too computer-innards knowledgable, I bought a 256mb PCI-E card that didn't fit into my motherboard at all.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:46:50 AM by mastermoo420 »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Since you only have PCI, forget it.

You need a new computer.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1379/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.3.4.html

Run this and post what it shows.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:54:14 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I have an old computer.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
That is shit, you need a new pc =(

I guess you could drop a PCI geforce 6200 in there or something, but you're wasting your time money in the long run.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:03:38 AM by Noumes »
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What's PCI even mean?

Also, I know it sucks. D: It's really old. And how much is a geforce 6200? (I looked on newegg but there's so many results for different stuff and I don't know which one it'd be).

Two more things:
1) I might post up stuff of my other comp and do you mind telling me how good it is? :P Or how bad. >_>
2) I might get a paid internship some time and spend that money on computers.

Rep:
Level 102
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133212

PCI is an old outdated bus with only 133MB/s total bandwidth shared between all devices on it. It was replaced by AGP, a dedicated graphics slot, which has itself now been replaced by PCI-Express, which at x16 2.0 provides 8GB/s.

With that 6200, if you install something called RivaTuner you can overclock it from the normal 350Mhz up to 500 or even 600Mhz if you can keep it cool. I had a 6200 for a while :)
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If I wanna keep it cool, I'd need to buy a (better) cooling fan, too? >_>

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
save up money and get a new computer, 's your best bet.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon