RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problem with Character Maker XP.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
How Unplanned Toast Pregnancy Occurs.
Last night I downloaded this from this forum and while it's a great program as far as the Sprite creation is concerned, there's a flaw. When you import them it shows a background when the character sprites are displayed. So I have this annoying colored box following my characters around. When changing the background color, even if I make it "white" the white shows. Anyway is there way I can make it transparent? As far as I can tell I can't. If someone knows how to fix this annoying problem, I'd be very grateful.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:56:03 PM by Roane »

Rep:
Level 87
Your best chance is first, to remove the background in a layer-based art program. (Photoshop, GIMP, Graphic Gales, etc)

Hmm...I'll try that, thanks. It's a wonderful program just that colored background crap is bloody annoying. Ruining otherwise awesome sprites.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Heh, if it's anything like Character Maker 1999, then there should be an option to set a default transparent color. If not, Photoshop works wonders.

There's not an option for Transparency. Just has a background color option with three boxes(for red, green, and blue). Setting all three to the max #, 255, only makes you end up with a white box that follows the character(as opposed to a color one). :'(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
why the hell is this in board support and feedback?

moved to RMXP forum.

also, you do realize that if you import the characterset through the RMXP resource importer, you can remove the background color by clicking on it. right?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Sorry, didn't know where it went. ;9

Edit:
also, you do realize that if you import the characterset through the RMXP resource importer, you can remove the background color by clicking on it. right?

Obviously I didn't.
I do now, thanks.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Sorry, didn't know where it went. ;9

read forum descriptions next time.

also if this is resolved and you have no further questions, please add [RESOLVED] to the topic title, kthx

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon