RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Electric Guitar Intonation

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I don't know jack about electric guitars, but a friend of mine is having some difficulty. To make a long story short, he's got an expensive guitar with a broken intonation, and no amount of reverse knob-turning seems to fix it. He needs an inexpensive way to take care of this.

Oh, and he doesn't have much money. He's actually in debt from this guitar. It's a long story.

Help me help him. >.<

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
So tune it properly? See attach.

If he doesn't know how to tune from a correct bottom E as a reference while having bought an "expensive" guitar (not getting a normal one to learn to at least play on first) he needs to kill himself.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
A quick google will show how to fix intonation. I'll give ya a link to a bass site with the best instructions i've seen - don't worry, it's applicable to guitar too.

http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/setting_bass_intonation.html

Hope it helps.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
So tune it properly? See attach.

If he doesn't know how to tune from a correct bottom E as a reference while having bought an "expensive" guitar (not getting a normal one to learn to at least play on first) he needs to kill himself.
I don't think that's what he means.

Intonation (if perfect) pretty much means all notes of the same name will sound the same no matter where you play them on the fretboard. If you have problems with intonation, your E at the 12th fret might not be the same note as the E played open.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Tell him to change his strings, first. Old strings mess with your intonation and make it impossible to fix until you get new ones.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Him: Oh, the intonation is okay.
Him: But the tension on the neck is going to warp it.

Me: What does that mean?

Him: Meaning, I'll give it a week before the neck bends.
Him: There are springs keeping the bridge in place that had to be tightened.
Him: I have a choice of bending the neck, or snapping the bridge.

What do I tell him to do about that? I gotta help him before permanent damage is done. He can't afford a new guitar. x.x

EDIT: Apparently he had someone local look at it, and it's just fine now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:11:16 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/bass_neck_relief.html

Same site :P, still applies to electrics. He'd be better going to a music store than trying himself though.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.