RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GMod Servers

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
give the rcon password only to the top admins. ive given it to 2 other people other than myself and they dont know how to use it :(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
alright.
aside from the 'official gmod servers' ($15 a month) anyone else have suggestions?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Sure I do, and I rest my case.
Not legally atleast, and you better wake that case the fuck up :mad:

Not that it matters in a private server.

Would you have to connect through steam?

EDIT: I don't have it either, butI'd like to. :P

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

You'll need to have purchased Gmod through Steam, and have Steam.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

You'll need to have purchased Gmod through Steam, and have Steam.

I have steam, with the orange box. What I was wondering, is how he "acquired" his copy of GMod and if you could play it on a private server through steam. (Or steamless?)
The private server probably would check to see if it's legit, most don't...but the get around for steam...

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If you get a private server, you don't need to have steam.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
you need to have steam if your using a server provider. they run the official steam server stuff and also run VAC(valve account control). Youll need steam and a legal copy of gmod. besides nothing works in a pirated version.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
On the contrary, everything works in a pirated version, because it includes all of the assets. Doesn't really matter though, because I'm going on a Steam shopping spree when I get my tax check.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you need to have steam if your using a server provider. they run the official steam server stuff and also run VAC(valve account control). Youll need steam and a legal copy of gmod. besides nothing works in a pirated version.

I thought VAC was 'Valve Anti-Cheat'

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I thought VAC was 'Valve Anti-Cheat'

Me too...

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
me 3 damn alcohol.

regardless of my above blunder the server you're paying for will be an official server and it will require you to have a valid login before joining.

certain addons and bug fixes do not work a pirated version of gmod is likely to be a lower version then the current version which your server will get.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the game's what...$10?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
indeed it is. So low ive bought a few friends a copy. :D

thats is the point im making theres no real reason to pirate it