RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Dragon Age: Origins
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead 2
:tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
FF: Tactics
La Pucelle Ragnarok
Clock Tower
Demi Kids

the PSP has to be the best handheld ever :mad:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Are you playing the Japanese La Pucelle Ragnarok? I didn't think they made an English one, so I've been playing the PS2 version on my PC.

Aside from that, which is pretty much all I've had time to play lately, I've been messing around with King's Bounty: The Legend again, and shooting stuff in Far Cry 2.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Audiosurf
Torchlight, which is a really good game!
The Witcher
Unreal Tournament 3, I've been trying to get the sound to work, but it's playable without it except the mouse doesn't warp so after like 360ish degrees one way you have to completely turn back the other way.
Half Life Source
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, this is the only one that I'm super annoyed with, because of a similar sound bug, but otherwise it runs just fine! :(

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Are you playing the Japanese La Pucelle Ragnarok?

Japanese, I gave up hoping for the english translation a long long time ago >_>;; jftr the PSP version is tons better. I can't bear to play the PS2 version anymore, however the english VA is by far better than the japanese VA.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The PSP version only came out like 3 months ago. How could you have given up on an english version already? Also, the voice acting is great, and this is the first game in a long time that I've actually laughed aloud at. My favorite scene so far:

After talking to a cow (mooboo) every chapter:
Mooboo: "Mooboo..."
Prier: "Mooboo, mooboo. Don't you ever say anything else?"
Mooboo: "Fatso..."
Prier: "Whaat?!"

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Wow guys, I just got BORDERLANDS and oh. My. God. This game is fucking bad ass. Day 3 and I'm level 21, just beat Sledge.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Playing Fire Emblem atm :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls. Going through FF1.

Rep:
Level 94
Finally got around to playing through World of Goo in its entirety. I wish there was more. I love it.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash

And Borderlands, but not quite as much anymore.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Devil May Cry. I really don't have any new games to play right now, so just going through a bunch of old ones. <_<

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Just beat Kingdom Hearts again, and started up Kingdom Hearts II, which I've never played.

And after 5 minutes, I came to the sad realization that I need to play Chain of Memories, and then 358/2 Days to actually understand what the hell happened between the two games, and why I'm suddenly playing as a new character. :(

But oh well, I'm already about half way through 358/2 Days, and they released Chain of Memories for PS2 so now I don't have to play the gay GBA version.

So yeah, in short: Kingdom Hearts.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
Chain of Memories sucks ass. Seriously, it's one of the worst games I've ever played. I don't know about the PS2 version, but I do know that there's a patch online to remove the boring card-based battle mechanic.

Here's what I'm playing:

PC~
Left 4 Dead 2
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Sudeki
Titan Quest

PSP~
Daxter
Star Ocean: First Departure
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I haven't played 358/2 Days yet. Chain of Memories is a much appreciated filler to understand what went on between the two games, and I think it was used to tide fans over until they could release KH2. 358/2 Days is a secondary filler that just explains the loose ends a little better, I think. Is it any good?

Rep:
Level 94
The PSP one comes out soon, too.

Rep:
Level 85
???, "Big Nose"
Friend gave me a free month.  I've just discovered World of Warcraft (CRACK).

Ugh.

Playing on Ner'zhul server as Elethial.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I'm playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Not bad =D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
???, "Big Nose"
I've heard excellent things about Dark Messiah, though I did see it in a bargin bin once.  The people who have played it say it's one of the best of its types.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Rasse and I played it for a bit when he was here last. We picked it up from a bargain bin for $20 or something (came with RE4). The battle system was probably the best in a game like that but the story was pretty bad. I haven't played it all that much though.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah, the combat system is nice. Story is a little too fast I think, but its a nice game overall =D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
358/2 Days is actually a pretty great game. The graphics are fantastic for a DS game, and the combat is a direct copy of the main games. The only drawback is that the story is a little slow, and things get a tad boring sometimes. You spend most of your time revisiting worlds you've already been to, as if you hadn't been to them before. Sometimes you're just fighting enemies, sometimes you're doing "recon," which is retarded because, as I said, anybody who's played the other games knows what the hell Agrabah is.

And yeah, I heard Chain of Memories was awful, but the PS2 remake looks (graphically) just like the main games and all the ratings say it's pretty decent.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
having "stole" and played chain of memories on the gba i'd say it was pretty good, but at the end there is a lot of grinding to do for 9 cards and stuff. luckily the kid i borrowed it from and never saw again had a save right before the boss with a level 90. i didn't play through the riku story though.

Rep:
Level 96
I like it a lot so far. The story especially. The battle system's kind weird, but I'll get used to it.

Rep:
Level 85
???, "Big Nose"
Chain of Memories is pretty intense for the PS2, but I don't know about the GBA.  It's a lot of multi-tasking, while running around on the battlefield and trying not to get hit while choosing which cards you are going to use.  I liked it but it's a bit weird -- though Kingdom Hearts can sometimes veer into the metaphysical, it was a bit much for me.

I enjoyed the 'recon' aspect of 358/2 probably the most, actually.  That, and the little jobs  (for example, in the beginning where you do jobs and stuff that doesn't require killing, like making mail runs and hitting the ball with the keyblade).  Mostly because the rest of the game required so much combat, it did get heavy at times.

I was a bit disappointed with the story; they could have easily replaced the text in the levels with an actual storyline instead of just commenting on the situation again and again.