RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I need a new phone.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
So, I've had this THING for 5 years now.

It's a 'TracPhone' or whatever. Customer service is Bullshit at best. I have to call them everytime I put "units" on it, when it's supposed to happen automatically. It's functioning poorly, and really I'm just tired of looking at it.

Anyway, I need to stay away from plans at all cost. I need a GoPhone, PrePaid, Trac, etc. No plans.

I've been looking at things like:
http://www.boostmobilestore.com/bpdirect/boost/Start.do?action=view&zip=90001&id=i335#

and
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Samsung+A737+-+Red+(Refurb)+-+GoPhone%C2%AE+(Pay+As+You+Go)&q_sku=sku1190108

Mostly the second option. Anyone able to expand my horizons? I'm pretty much retarded about these things.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
If you parents have a cellphone plan (under verizon or at&t or whatever) they might end up adding you under it. The phone you can get heavily depends on what service provider you have, because a lot of phones are only available for one or another.

But I dunno. My experience is that any phone with things like mobile web, GPS, and music players are crap. They just aren't done very well, and the OS for them is clunky and difficult to use. The iPhone is about the only phone that does it well, but really, do you even need all that crap? For instance, I have an LG Venus. It has an mp3 player, but the file system and organization for it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to find the song you want. And it took me about 2 months to find a pair of headphones, and an adapter that would work for them. The GPS is absolutely worthless, the mobile web looks like shit, and it has a neat touch screen, but it's very unresponsive, and it's already scratched up because it's not resilient at all.

I'd look for a solid phone that has a camera and that's about it, lol.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
My parents don't have a plan. They don't even have cellphones lol. My dad is anti-technology and my mom wants the phone I have now when I get a new one. A friend of mine has the LG Venus as well. She's got all the same problems with it. I don't want touch screen anything unless there's an 'i' infront of its name. Except I can't do that without getting a plan. lol. fail. I don't actually NEED any bells and whistles, but it's be cooler with them on it  :=: Also, lol, boost mobile, I'm not black.

Also I was looking further into the pay as you go plan for the boost mobile, it sucks. I get charged for everything. I don't like the part where you get charged even if you don't use it, particularly the internet, (which I will hardly use), so +5 points for AT&T here. The AT&T costs a bit more as far as texting and calling goes, but I'm not a phone whore and don't text mad crazy bitches all the time. So that's not really what I'm concerned with. YAY I CAN CALL MEXICO ._.

AT&T: GoPhone Plan

Boost Mobile: Pay-As-You-Go Plan
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:57:54 PM by Prince Grafikal006 »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
My grandma has a tracphone :|

but yeah, arlen speaks truth, you don't really need all that other gobbeldy goop.