RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I'm confused...

Rep:
Level 88
I have a cousin who got out of prison earlier this week. Apparently, he went in because he murdered someone. He's in his late 40s now, but I thought the jail term for that crime would be a lot longer. I know it's sometimes different from state to state, but I thought Arkansas had longer prison terms. I think he went in during his 20s, but I don't really know a lot about him.

I met him yesterday, he's a really nice guy. Hard to believe he killed someone. :-\ First thing he did when he got out was go visit my grandmother in the hospital.

I'm mostly confused about the jail term. I thought it was life in prison. :-\ The legal system confuses me.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I believe it depends on whether he pleaded guilty, how bad the murder was, and how his behavior was whilst he was in prison.

That, and 20 years is a damn long time no matter how you look at it.

those are my explanations .-.

Rep:
Level 84
This is almost certainly a case of 'released on good behaviour'. Generally speaking, a life sentence usually refers to any 30 year or longer stretch. Parole eligibility at around the 20 year mark is pretty standard. Here in Canada, regardless of their sentence, 25 years is the longest the system lets someone be incarcerated without the possibility of parole.

Rep:
Level 88
Ah, alright. I think I get it now. Thanks guys. I don't know the legal system too well, and I hope to never have to know it.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
amen to that.